What do you think?

• Total voters

Finn

User
Pronouns
he/him
Let's celebrate Christmas by listening to a LOVELY CHRISTMAS SONG

But first, let's play this dog shit and rate it in a Moopy poll:

What do YOU think of ABBA's Little Things, two years on in 2023?

TERRIBLE SHAME: I added a poll but it has NOT SHOWN? (Is it because I clicked on preview after doing so?) Can a @Moderator please oblige?

Last edited:
No thanks.

But the ABBA Voyage show forgives everything, it's that downright INCREDIBLE.

As my nephew kept saying, "I CANNOT believe what I am SEEING" :disco:

Last edited:
I'd give it a 3. I's probably closer to a 5 objectively, but the fact that for a few weeks we had the sheer excitement of knowing we were getting the first ever ABBA CHRISTMAS SONG OMG only for it to be far less than the sum of its parts and potential, remains deeply distressing to me.

ABBA and Christmas are two of the best things ever - it should have been so much more. I was fully prepared for it to be a ballad (something misery tinged like Happy New year or basically all their other ballads would have suited me beautifully), but old people getting gently horny as a children's choir sings? Absolutely not. No thank you.

I'd give it a 3. I's probably closer to a 5 objectively, but the fact that for a few weeks we had the sheer excitement of knowing we were getting the first ever ABBA CHRISTMAS SONG OMG only for it to be far less than the sum of its parts and potential, remains deeply distressing to me.

ABBA and Christmas are two of the best things ever - it should have been so much more. I was fully prepared for it to be a ballad (something misery tinged like Happy New year or basically all their other ballads would have suited me beautifully), but old people getting gently horny as a children's choir sings? Absolutely not. No thank you.

I think we need a poll.

Not that the results are going to be pretty.

I dream of a poll, Christian. It's all I want for Christmas

Where is the poll??

I hated this at the time. I think it's grown on me without having listened to it and it'll probably grow off me again when I do :D

At least they have the best (only?) New Year song

Maybe a poll is pointless. We all know Little Things is a duffer, but I'm sure Björn And Benny couldn't care less, and why should they?

I have not played the song.

I have however voted.

I am comfortable with my choices.

It wasn't a fantastic album, but it really was an incredible moment, given how long they'd been out of the game up until that point.

The fact they were so nonchalant about it (and the show) was what was truly fantastic about it. It was all so VERY B&B :disco:

It was an incredible moment and I’m happy for them, but it really was a mediocre album I’ve not gone back to at all with just a couple of redeeming features (the singles and Keep An Eye On Dan, basically).

I’m still angry they never properly took things to the disco for one last time, but I guess they are in their 70s and 80s or whatever they are, so I understand the issue.

Just A Notion is far more like it. Way to unapologetically throw back to 1975.

I'll go 4. But outside this time of year I'd probably say 2 or 3.

Just A Notion is a 6 or 7. I still can't get past the 'Remember-member-member what a womble-womble- womble you are' of the intro. And 'Wombling Merry Christmas' is a better Christmas song than it could hope to be.

When You Danced With Me is my takeaway from the album beyond the obvious highlights. I’m a sucker for that folky schlager sound.

I have a lot of love for When You Danced With Me, No Doubt About It and Ode To Freedom, and a little less for Bumblebee and Keep An Eye On Dan.

Little Things, Just A Notion and I Can Be That Woman are the three duffers for me, to varying degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom