Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hak

User
I don't know why I need to make this the first stand alone song topic of MF 2023 but I will.
ll.jpg

Loulou finally has finally gotten her shit together and landed a solo record deal. The parallells with Tess Merkel is uncanny with two notable exceptions. 1) She's not splintered her old group for the sake of doing something new and 2) now has a record label supporting her.

Either way this feels like her make or break moment. The Mamas lost steam during covid with multiple cancelled gigs and tours and for LouLou, at the ripe age of 41, this meant relying on her mom to foot bills for rent and electricity. Now that many other struggling artists have settled for day jobs the newly opened up live scene could have space for someone like LouLou. But only if she does well at MF.

If she makes at least Andra Chansen and lands minor hit it will elevate her and The Mamas to established artists with touring careers for years to come. If she ends up in 5th she might very well revert back to glorified backup singer duties again.

Melfest History
Behrang Miri - Jalla Dansa Sawa

John Lundvik – Too Late For Love

The Mamas - Move

The Mamas - In The Middle

What has LouLou been up to lately?
She's released a mildy successful visa during the summer and a Christmas single for her winter tour with The Mamas.

Hela vägen hem

Jul med dig

About Inga Sorger (No Sorrows)
This is the first time LouLou competes with a self-written song. When asked late November about the preparations for her upcoming solo debut she admits to be absolutely winging it as combining family life with touring and MF preparations makes her atention splintered. "It feels like my brain power is down to 10% so I'm a bit lost". The only thing she's demanded for her participation is a dress by Lars Wallin. She's doesn't want any dancers and all ideas for a staging concept has so far fallen through, "right now it's only me and pretty clothes".
lw-c.jpg

Loulou and pretty clothes.

Oh, and she's not singing a ballad as everyone's been expecting! She's going classy and happy uptempo :disco:

Last edited:
If she goes the Sonja Aldén/Frida Green/Nathalie Brydolf route for staging with an uptempo song in front of 3 million viewers I'll be sorely dissapointed :evil:

Tonight I dreamt that Loulou won this Saturday. She cried, shaked hands and waved to the audience, all in her pretty clothes. I was like "Okay, didn't expect that".

Last edited:
Some of the (off-stage)backing vocalists though are past MF participants. :D

2. Loulou LaMotte
Entry: "Inga sorger"
Choir (Off stage): Frida Green

I assume they are there on their own will and/or trying to get an invite next year? :D Otherwise the Swedish equivalent of the glue factory sure is mean. :(
Loulou stated she "requested Frida immediately" upon the selection of Mina sorger as she needed a woman who could sing well in Skånska.

Loulou is also rumoured to have a Carola fan on stage.

So this came last. Why?

It really was a struggle from the off, quite staggering (and it is a lovely song)

OK I am now ready to declare this will be the song of the contest (until the last entry of heat four).

This really was an abysmall showing. In contrast to Shirley it's not through any fault in song selection so the blame lies very much on her and production.

She really needs this to do well on streaming or radio else she's toast :(

Loulou, 42, is crestfallen according to reports. She's told people close to her that she feels like she's blown her big opportunity. She finally got the opportunity to go solo and she's no longer a new artist.

Had it been together with The Mamas she wouldn't have taken the loss as hard but now it was all on her.

She went on saying "I don't know, maybe this was my shot. A younger artist like Rehjan, who is such a great singer, he will get new chances.

But for me... maybe this was my one shot?"
:(

Last edited:
I'm pleased to note that, while far from a smash hit, this is holding its own on Spotify.

Streams to date

878,754 Elov & Beny
316,051 LouLou
301,497 Victor Crone
229,151 Rejhan
137,018 Eva & Ewa

It's also the only Heat 1 song other than Elov & Beny that's still on the Daily top 200 for Sweden.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom