Love At First Sight opinion poll

It was love it was love it was love it was love...

• Total voters
Wow. What a shambles that was.

What happened to this pop princess? And more importantly, why are people still wanking over her?

Her output is COMICALLY bad now...

There's nothing special whatsoever about Sexy Love.

Although it's not half the utter, utter trainwreck Sexercise is. I've become sort of fascinated by how awful that song is. I think it may be the worst thing she's ever recovered.

The album is amazing, funk. Sexy Love and Sexercize are the only bad things on it.

I think you'd like Feels So Good and Sparks the best.

:D

Prepare yourself for insipid Katy Perry-lite HELL.

I do not get this AT ALL. If you are suggesting that Katy Perry has ripped her off somewhere down the line, then fair enough but "Sexy Love" is a quintessential Kylie song.

Yes, the chant and bit at the end are a little reminiscent but that is about all.

Anyway, I thought you didn't really hate any of the KMO tracks RB? :confused:

Holy fuck that's even worse.

Can someone explain to me why Kylie remains so utterly untouchable among the gays? Is it because while her music has become redundant she at least keeps it bubblegum and therefore catering to her hardcore audience? Whereas Madonna went too housey in her decline and therefore it was easier to hate on her?

Baffled. Kylie hasn't done anything of relevance for the better part of the decade and everyone still wonders why her chart performances are not what they once were. I actively WANT to like her music, and I don't think it's simply down to her music becoming increasingly removed from my tastes.... those two songs are hysterically cynical - I'm not sure what producers she's working with but they contain every trick in the 21st Century EDM handbook.

oh "Feels So Good" is much, much better... but it suffers for not really being a single.

Interestingly, her voice is STAGGERINGLY better on this song... as though she feels more comfortable with something with a little more depth and everything clicks.

"Sexercize" has grown on me loads- I love it now, but yes, it IS ridiculous.

"Sexy Love" is alright, but as said here, just the SAME OLD SHIT. I don't get the Katy Perry reference, mind...

They are amongst the weakest songs on the album, though...

Oh were you talking about Sexy Love and Sexercize? Yes, both utterly dreadful.

"Sparks" has interesting production and again, her voice sounds better without all that digital layering and enhancement. Bit too Euro for me but I see the appeal, definitely.

YouTube is telling me it was left off the album... ?!

I totally get the Sexy Love/Katy Perry comparison, but only in the outro.

oh "Feels So Good" is much, much better... but it suffers for not really being a single.

Interestingly, her voice is STAGGERINGLY better on this song... as though she feels more comfortable with something with a little more depth and everything clicks.

Listen to "If Only" next. You're a fan of Haim aren't you?

I totally get the Sexy Love/Katy Perry comparison, but only in the outro.

That's the only bit for me. I DO NOT hear "California Girls" at all in the rest of it and thank GOD for that.

Incidentally, she recently confirmed she recorded close to 100 (!) songs for 'Kiss Me Once'.

Fuck.

Listen to "If Only" next. You're a fan of Haim aren't you?

yup.. and that's much more like it.

The singles and videos floating around for this album are a horrible reflection of the stage she is at in her career. The album tracks are actually fairly decent...

The singles and 'buzz track' choices from this album smack of a group of people with completing opposing approaches to the album all compromising with each other. There's no real vision to it, and the best tracks will never see the light of day.

I'm actually really looking forward to hearing the other Ariel Rechtshaid song (Golden Boy) and also the Sky Ferriera co-write.

The singles and 'buzz track' choices from this album smack of a group of people with completing opposing approaches to the album all compromising with each other. There's no real vision to it, and the best tracks will never see the light of day.

It's always the same with Kylie, isn't it? She starts recording something bold and exciting, then someone panics and she reverts to the usual generic hits and re-writes of her old songs.

The failure of Body Language was the ruin of her really. Every album since then has suffered a major identity crisis.

'Body Language" was only a failure in the context of comparisons with 'Fever' though. It sold decently otherwise.

It was always going to sell decently after Fever though. It was pretty much a disaster I'd say, especially in America where it absolutely bombed.

Much as you all hate it, the campaign for "Sexercize" has clearly been spearheaded by Kylie herself. I don't dislike the song but its a shame she could not direct that much energy, enthusiasm and passion towards a better song, not to mention one that she had a hand in creating.

Last edited:
Body Language did literally as bad as any followup to Fever could conceivably do.

Much as you all hate it, the campaign for "Sexercize" has clearly been spearheaded by Kylie herself. I don't dislike the song but its a shame she could not direct that much energy, enthusiasm and passion towards a better song, not to mention one that she had a hand in creating.

That's exactly what you chastised me for saying in the week of release.

I don't really dislike ANYTHING Kylie has done. There's some stuff I'm not a HUGE fan of - didn't really like Impossible Princess at the time as I was an 18 year old INGENUE who was only into peach schnapps and lemonade, shiny shirts and Steps routines. I LOVE it now though.

As for LAFS - ADORE (Delano) it. It has been oversung a bit but when it's such a 13/10 MAX TRACK, who can blame her?

didn't really like Impossible Princess at the time as I was an 18 year old INGENUE who was only into peach schnapps and lemonade, shiny shirts and Steps routines.

You've certainly grown as a person since then. :basil:

All her albums post Body Language seem to follow the same lack of conviction in presenting something interesting and original - both X and Aphrodite contained a couple of decent, daring (if not edgy) tracks, wrapped around a set of singles that suggested she had no interest in trying something new. Whether she's lost control of her direction or whether she's just become the antithesis of who she was in the mid 90s for fear of destroying her momentum again, who knows. Ironically, she's not exactly setting the charts alight even when she does keep it safe and predictable.

That's exactly what you chastised me for saying in the week of release.

She has made this decision though so why are people seemingly blaming everyone else but her?

FFS she wanted it as the lead single! Thank heavens for small mercies that it was just a buzz release.

Though I do think it would have been a better choice than "Into The Blue".

Last edited:
Sexercise as a lead single would have actually killed her career stone dead.

It would have been a bomb of 'Give Me All Ur Luvin' proportions.

She has made this decision though so why are people seemingly blaming everyone else but her?

FFS she wanted it as the lead single! Thank heavens for small mercies that it was just a buzz release.

Though I do think it would have been a better choice than "Into The Blue".

Who is blaming everyone but her?

She is a person too.

She is a part of the team I am criticising.

At least there would have been a reaction compared to the utter indifference that "Into The Blue" was met with.

"Cancel" SHOULD have been the lead single. Stupid Kylie.

Into the Blue would have been a decent hit if she hadn't petulantly refused to perform it on TV.

Into the Blue would have been a decent hit if she hadn't petulantly refused to perform it on TV.

I don't think so. The few performances of it have been dire anyway. I love(d) the song but if I see her try to involve the audience in chanting "ey oh" again I will change the channel.

Yeah, sounds like you really love the song then.

The performances have been lacklustre because she's got a stick up her arse about performing it in the first place. Talk about self sabotage.

The failure of Body Language was the ruin of her really. Every album since then has suffered a major identity crisis.

Poppycock- "Aphrodite" was as cohesive as they come! "X" was a complete mish mash, though, I'd agree with that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom