Loverboy vs. I'm Real

I shake and cry to...

• Total voters

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
If anything, Mariah being able to speak about it and release Loverboy like she now has will bring her and us all great healing, closure and a way forward with his* grace and in his* light. :emoji_poodle::emoji_pray:

*Tanaka's

SDF

We're all Angles in Chainz
And since we’re on this subject, I’d like to state the following extreme point of view:

I prefer JLo’s version of Do You Know Where You’re Going To.

WHAT!

If Emma can forgive Geri, Mariah can practice the art of letting go on J.Lo

hun, can you let something go that you never even cared about in the first place? :eyes:

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
I mean, some queens are feeling superior that other queens are petty and stuck on some twenty year old drama

But said Entertainer should be happy we kept her relevant in recent times. Beyond "I don't know her", her pop cultural legacy is... Maid in Manhattan?

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
What are said Entertainer's streaming numbers btw? Which classics are people returning to?

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Oh I don't think we need to draw attention to their comparative monthly Spotify listeners!

200.gif

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
I mean, some queens are feeling superior that other queens are petty and stuck on some twenty year old drama

But said Entertainer should be happy we kept her relevant in recent times. Beyond "I don't know her", her pop cultural legacy is... Maid in Manhattan?

She also invented Google Image Search. Give women in STEM their due.

Jark

we did it for fun, we did it for free
J.Lo is a cultural icon. Mariah is a talented icon. There's space for everyone!

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
I looked at streaming figures and it seems the most entertaining song in her catalogue is the Lambada cover. That was a cute moment, fun for a night in Magaluf.

All I Want For Christmas has over double the streams of the Lambada cover, which is also a cute factoid.

#JusticeForGigli

Reactions: dUb

POP!

FREE BRITNEY
I love “I’m Real” (pop version) :shy:

but has it ever been revealed WHO is singing that chorus cos it ain’t J Lo :D

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Soz RS I shouldn’t appoint myself the gatekeeer of lambdom!

But it does kinda seem like a prerequisite not to love that particular female entertainer :side-eye:

Pipo

The devil's in the details
My friends whenever I take out my Mariah stan card "but BUT JLO did the SUPER BOWL!" :(

Pipo

The devil's in the details
I'm warming up to Firecracker version but it still needs more Da Brat. Is it me or it does it really pass as a spruced up demo? I mean, I can't believe there's no middle 8, I'm quite sure that space was saved for a rent-a-rapper.

KindaCool

Qunt
The Cameo Loverboy has somehow aged the best out of all of them. Certainly better than both JLo ones.

KindaCool

Qunt
But yes, I do think that the Firecracker version is going to take some time to warm up to. I can definitely see myself loving it.

Gangsta Nancy Lam

Slut's Spaghetti
My friends whenever I take out my Mariah stan card "but BUT JLO did the SUPER BOWL!" :(

She also had that 'stripping to Fiona Apple' movie that had a fair bit of buzz last year - poor J Lo, having a career renaissance only for the world to shut down.

RaspberrySwirl

Leftover
Soz RS I shouldn’t appoint myself the gatekeeer of lambdom!

But it does kinda seem like a prerequisite not to love that particular female entertainer :side-eye:

It’s just that JLo is on such another level compared to Mariah, she could only dream to be considered competition.

Reactions: dUb

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
The Loverboy Firecracker version is fine and I'm enjoying it for what it is, but I don't think it would have had any more impact than the one we got (if that was the original idea, I've no idea of the story behind it). I love the breathy, bouncy mess we got, always have and it's never diminished. A dark time in Mariah's career for the sad fact people didn't LAP IT UP.

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
Honestly Loverboy (the version we got) sounds like something Ariana would have a HUGE hit with in current times. The tone, the vocals, all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom