"Madame X" rate

Rate the album out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm playing it less currently, maybe to avoid wearing it out, but still going back to God Control, Killers and Come Alive most days - def the holy trinity
I was playing it daily until last Friday when the new Ingrid Michaelson and Heather Nova albums took over my attention. I’ll go back to this tonight and will rate soon. I need to rate Caution by the other MC too.

07 Medellin (I like the song, it's almost great but falls a little limp here and there when it should come blazing in with more Latino aplomb)
07 Dark Ballet (this would work better later in the album)
09 God Control (grew a lot, my favourite bit is the slurred sounding intro, favourite lyric is on this track "I think I understand why people get a gun, I think I understand why we all give up")
08 Future (always liked this but I do enjoy a little bit of dancehall influence. Shouldn't have sang it at Eurovision though)
06 Batuka (love the music, the song is a let down)
08 Killers Who Are Partying (the Fado related bits are gorgeous)
07 Crave
07 Crazy
06 Come Alive
08 Extreme Occident
09 Faz Gostoso (fun for Brazil and this is probably where the (possible) chance for a hit was.
07 Bitch I'm Loca
08 I Don't Search I Find
06 Looking for Mercy (like the verses but the chorus and lyrics are obvious)
05 I Rise (boring and cliched)

07 Funana
04 Back That Up To the Beat
05 Ciao Bella

UPDATED :

09 Medellín
09 Dark Ballet
10 God Control
07 Future
09 Batuka
09 Killers Who Are Partying
10 Crave
10 Crazy
09 Come Alive
11 Extreme Occident
10 Faz Gostoso
07 Bitch I'm Loca
19 Don't Search I Find
09 Looking for Mercy
08 I Rise

LOON UP!

Come Alive is starting to...I guess...COME ALIVE for me. That choir bit towards the end is very :disco:.

It's so beautiful! I really think she should have pushed this track more. I could have seen Radio 2 getting on board with it, far more than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom