Madonna - Birch I'm Marjoram

YOU'RE GONNA (GAY)LUV THIS

• Total voters
It's NOT BAD, but I feel like it was thoroughly defanged once Diplo got his hands on it - I'd love to hear a full-on SOPHIE mix.

The video with all the cameos is so weird. Am I right in saying this was around the time of the Tidal launch where she appeared with quite a few of the folk who would later show up in this? It always felt like some of weird quid pro quo thing.

No but really, nothing about this song is appealing to me, not the video, not the music, not the lyrics and especially not the vocals. It has nil redeeming features.

Nah, it's still gash. You can hear bits and bobs of what was becoming SOPHIE's signature sound but I'm with @COB, I'd love to hear the original before it was smoothed out.

Reactions: COB
Itā€™s TERRIBLE and EMBARRASSING, but itā€™s not the worst thing sheā€™s done by far.

Hated it for a long time but in 2021 I actually quite like it. The Jimmy Fallon performance was great. The tour version not so much.

I'm quite excited about this poll though because I imagine we'll get some of Moopy's most polarising and diverse choices.

It was the closest she came to a 'viral' hit with the video. Yes of course a lot of it was for the wrong reasons but as with Madonna she's always divisive.

Until 'La Isla Bonita' overtook it recently it was also her most viewed video on YouTube.

I listened to this the other day on a playlist of SOPHIE produced songs. It's quite bad.

How can the gap between 'I actually quite like it' and 'TERRIBLE' be two?

I love it when we have a poll where every score gets chosen. And we're already nearly there.
We need someone to give it 4.

That being said I think if there was a -1 option in the poll it would probably be more skewed ...

On that note: I found his latest episode really good, that interview with Donna.
Yes it was pretty good if not especially revealing - she'd already guested on another Madonna podcast and had given similar accounts. That being said I found her own story of how she crashed and burned with her label around 'Just A Dream' quite interesting.

It's not awful. But at some point, a bitch's legacy becomes too big for her to be messing around with novelty tracks like this. And the fact she continues to make them is kinda sad.

fun for a night out I suppose, but hopefully she leaves it out of her forthcoming shows!

Iā€™ve always been fine with it as a song, Iā€™d say I like it but I donā€™t like it as a Madonna song for someone of her repertoire and status. Having said that it was on a pre-drinks playlist when I had people round before going out (in the old days when you could do stuff like that) and two said ā€œoh thatā€™s good for herā€ so my intensive survey suggests itā€™s not that bad. Or it mightā€™ve been the vodka.

Also you scored it 6/10 which is hardly what I'd describe as 'terrible'!

I thought it was obvious. Itā€™s obviously technically TERRIBLE and EMBARRASSING but I donā€™t hate it.

I was LOLā€™ing at you just being UNABLE to hate anything she does :D

I thought it was obvious. Itā€™s obviously technically TERRIBLE and EMBARRASSING but I donā€™t hate it.

I was LOLā€™ing at you just being UNABLE to hate anything she does :D
There's tonnes of stuff I hate. B'Day Song, SEX, Holy Water, GAYLUV etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom