Madonna - Crave ft. Swae Lee

Jark

User
This has leaked ahead of Friday. I'm listening now.

It's extremely mellow. Almost a bit Music-esque in places. Much better than I Rise :disco: but it's lovely rather than brilliant like Medellín

Is this the one that's getting the video treatment, or the 4th track?

Is this the one that's getting the video treatment, or the 4th track?
Video was shot this week, it's supposedly the second single. There's already a video for Killers in the wings

Why don’t people ever get the videos ready for the debut?? SO ANNOYING

Well not really but it’s sloppy

i'm so out of the loop. what is a swae lee?
One half of hip-hop duo Rae Sremmurd, responsible for this huge hit from a couple of years back

and featured on this iconic Ellie Goulding smash

Black Beatles was THAT song, good to know sometimes Madame MdOlla$ has good taste :disco:

black beatles is good but it's all about sativa when it comes to anything rae sremmurd related for me.

good to know she's still chasing the kids for a hit.

i read an interview with her the other where she said she was being punished for turning 60. i like that she thinks her flopping has more to do with her than with teens dictating the charts.

Judge Jarkette finds Madame X stone cold GUILTY of creating another really good song with this one. Her voice is so much richer in tone than it has in a while.

Hmm. The germ of a really good song is there- I like the chorus a lot. It just doesn't get going and there's absolutely no need for the rent-a-rapper.

Saying that I like the middle eight and in my opinion the rapping is very subdued and fits the song well - shame she's still singing about banalities.

I don't hate it, but it doesn't sound like a complete song to me; more of a 30 second loop with an insert.

Okay, its growing.

And even if it's only really bordering on a 7, I think this is the first time since Confessions that I've gone three tracks into a Madonna album and not found at least one track downright risible. So I remain rather optimistic.

Okay, its growing.

And even if it's only really bordering on a 7, I think this is the first time since Confessions that I've gone three tracks into a Madonna album and not found at least one track downright risible. So I remain rather optimistic.

here's hoping Bitch I'm Loca brings back old memories :beer:

Am I the only one who thinks that this sounds nothing like Madonna?!

I literally did a double take at Spotify when the vox came in

Anyway I like this, it sort of sounds like a trip so I suspect it’d be better when we’ve all seen Ag’s dealer in the supermarket car park

I like this, she sounds great and the bridge part is gorgeous. I think Swae's contribution is fine, even if the transition from him into said bridge is a bit abrupt.

Much better than I'll Rise.

Am I the only one who thinks that this sounds nothing like Madonna?!

I literally did a double take at Spotify when the vox came in

It doesn't sound like her AT ALL in the verses, even the diction is weird.

On first listen I thought she was attempting a Drake song with a mix of Hard Candy vibes.

It's grown on me - still not overly impressed with anything since the lead single tho.

I’m not overly enamoured with any of the songs so far but am thinking they may all sit better as part of an album than as individual standouts. Or maybe I’m hoping.

Everything so far is sounding so much better than Rebel Heart. They aren’t some glorious return to peak form, but they’re high quality and her voice sounds more ‘full’ again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom