Madonna Deep-Cut Survivor: The 2000s (Round 5 - VOTE TO SAVE)

VOTE TO SAVE (up to 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES THIS ROUND

madonna-cowboys.gif

38. Imagine
37. Cyber-Raga
33. History
33. Spanish Lesson
33. It's So Cool
33. Ring My Bell
32. Super Pop
28. I'm So Stupid
28. I Love New York
28. Fighting Spirit
28. Incredible
27. Candy Shop
26. Heartbeat
24. Dance2Night
24. Voices
23. Beat Goes On
21. She's Not Me
21. Mother and Father
19. Push
19. Like it or Not
18. Intervention
16. X-Static Process
16. Amazing
15. How High
14. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
10. Runaway Lover
10. I Deserve It
10. Nobody's Perfect
10. Isaac

Only saving 3 is very hard. Gone is a sigh of perfection (those backing vocals!), the strident thrust of Nobody Knows Me is left off only because it never got a definitive studio version to match its throbbing prowess in a live setting and Time Stood Still lives up to its name vocally and as a souvenir of a vocal range she no longer has access to.

Much more difficult than the vote to evict rounds.

Time Stood Still
Gone
Easy Ride

Wanted to go for Forbidden Love but couldn't decide what to swap it out for so it got left unloved.

I had no idea Gone was so loved. I file it alongside Easy Ride as deadly boring if rather pleasant

Easy Ride is up there amongst her best ballads. and the best usage ever of the lyric "round and round" after H.A.T.E.U.

Easy Ride and Gone are sublimely brittle and fragile. Moments where the bravado is dropped and you get a peek behind the curtain.

I've never taken to Easy Ride. Maybe that's because I do want one. Should've took the opposite route and made it a banger called Hard Ride clearly.

I want to let go
Of all disappointment
That's waiting for me

What I want is to live forever
Not defined by time and space
It's a lonely place

The push/pull of being driven to achieve something, yet knowing you will not be made happy by it when you do. Such a fine, fine lyric.

Future Lovers is making me think of doing a playlist of Moroder inspired dance pop numbers. There must be some rather fetching ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom