1996 Evita
2000 The Next Best Thing
2002 Swept Away
2002 Die Another Day
2005 I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
2006 Arthur and the Invisibles
2008 I Am Because We Are

Ellie said:
I only like 6 of them out of what I've seen. Take a guess!

Jonfessions said:
:|
1985 A Certain Sacrifice - haven't seen
1985 Vision Quest aka Crazy For You - haven't seen
1985 Desperately Seeking Susan - FABULOUS
1986 Shanghai Surprise - SHIT
1987 Who's That Girl - FABULOUS
1989 Bloodhounds of Broadway - haven't seen (owned the DVD for a two years, still not got round to it...)
1990 Dick Tracy - GOOD
1991 Truth or Dare aka In Bed with Madonna - FABULOUS, though so FAKE
1992 Shadows and Fog - haven't seen (again, own the DVD)
1992 A League of Their Own - WONDERFUL
1993 Body of Evidence - AMAZING :D
1993 Dangerous Game aka Snake Eyes - LOAD OF SHIT
1995 Blue in the Face aka Brooklyn Boogie - she's only a cameo
1995 Four Rooms - BORING
1996 Girl 6 - haven't seen
1996 Evita - OVERRATED
2000 The Next Best Thing - I have a SOFT SPOT for this. It really is crap, but I like it.
2002 Swept Away - I actually found this quite nice. Underrated.
2002 Die Another Day - haven't seen
2005 I'm Going to Tell You a Secret - not half as fun as Truth or Dare, but I think it shows the REAL MADONNA a lot more. This may not be a good thing, however.
2006 Arthur and the Invisibles - haven't seen
2008 I Am Because We Are - not yet released

:geek:

Jonfessions said:
:confused: Ellie...
Desperately Seeking Susan
Dick Tracy
Truth or Dare
A League of Their Own
Evita
Die Another Day

?

Toyah said:
DSS and A League Of Their Own are the only ones I can suffer. Maybe because she's in a supporting role.

POP! said:
Truth or Dare, Who's That Girl?, and A League of Their Own are my favorites.

loomer said:
:zombie:
Ugh

A Certain Sacrifice has a better script than A Body Of Evidence. I like that. :basil: I think I only have two on DVD. The less said about her "acting" the better.

That said, DSS is one of the best films of the 80s and her presence enlivens it. I love Vision Quest. Dick Tracy is OK, but she is so monotone in it. A League Of Their Own is alright except for that disgusting bulldyke Rosie O Donnell. I liked Shanghai Surprise :D Who's That Girl was carcrash awful and might have been tolerable were it not for THAT voice.

Evita she's great in, but NO, she's not Oscar nom worthy.. maybe she can replace Kristin Scott Thomas I dunno, but that was one of the strongest years ever.

VoR said:
Evita - I used to be obsessed with it when it was out. Now it's just OK. She SO wasn't Oscar worthy despite what the LOONS will tell you. Nice for her to pick up the Golden Globe though.

The Next Best Thing - Watchable in a rubbish sort of way. Certainly not a car crash, just very mediocre and made for TV-ish, some fuck awful dialogue. :D

loomer said:
Well obviously Truth Or Dare is the best as well, yeah.

Ellie said:
Dick Tracy
Truth or Dare
A League Of Their Own
Girl 6
Evita

OK, 7 if you include Die Another Day, which is average.

Vision Quest is BORING. I can never stay awake long enough to even get to Madonna's appearance.

VoR said:
Was Evita the same year that Courtney Love got a Golden Globe nom too? Cos she actually DID deserve an Oscar Nom....

POP! said:
I own Shanghi Surprise on DVD (:manson:), however in the past couple years that I've owned it, I have not been able to get past the first 30 minutes or so.

How did Vision Quest/Crazy For You do at the box office?

loomer said:
I think so, VoR.. and Glenn Close in 101 Dalmations. I love The People Vs Larry Flynt (Norton again) but she was playing herself.

lolly said:
I still LOVE Evita for what it is. But then I'm a big old HOMO for a musical.

A League Of Their Own and Dick Tracy would be my favourites. I can't really compare Truth Or Dare.

loomer said:
:D
I do remember ice botox queen Nicole Kidman was VERY frosty towards Madge when giving her award.. which she must have won for To Die For which many still consider her best performance? the previous year. Tom Cruise must be the Madge fan. :disco:

VoR said:
I like the songs in Evita and I love the story. I just can't stand the fact that EVERY LINE OF DIALOGUE has to be sung.

"Colonel Peron"
"Eve Duarte"
"I've heeeeard, so muuuuch, about youuuuuuu" :zombie:

Also the presence of Jimmy CUNTING Nail is a bugbear.

loomer said:
Oscars 1996/7

Best Actress in a Leading Role

Winner:
Fargo (1996) - Frances McDormand

Other Nominees:

Breaking the Waves (1996) - Emily Watson (I)
English Patient, The (1996) - Kristin Scott Thomas
Marvin's Room (1996) - Diane Keaton
Secrets & Lies (1996) - Brenda Blethyn

GGs

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama

Winner:
Secrets & Lies (1996) - Brenda Blethyn

Other Nominees:
Breaking the Waves (1996) - Emily Watson (I)
English Patient, The (1996) - Kristin Scott Thomas
Marvin's Room (1996) - Meryl Streep
People vs. Larry Flynt, The (1996) - Courtney Love

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical

Winner:
Evita (1996) - Madonna (I) :bad:

Other Nominees:
101 Dalmatians (1996) - Glenn Close
Fargo (1996) - Frances McDormand
Mirror Has Two Faces, The (1996) - Barbra Streisand
Mother (1996/II) - Debbie Reynolds (I)

Hmm.. weird year I suppose. I love the fact that Kristin Scott Thomas is fluent in French. I KNEW I recognised that face somewhere when I saw Tell No One.

Toyah said:
She's the 21st century version of Jaqueline Bisset.

loomer said:
Damn acceptance speech is taken off youtube. :gross:

VoR said:
STREISAND WOZ ROBBED! :evil:

Toyah said:
I just can't fucking STAND Lloyd Webber musicals!

loomer said:
:disco:
Ah, a Sondheim man!

VoR said:
I'd actually LOVE to see Barbra Streisand faking happiness at being beaten by an upstart like Madonna. :D

loomer said:
I wonder if it's possible there'll EVER be another Streisand/Hepburn-like tie at the Oscars. Streisand voted for herself. :D La Cotillard was beaten by 3 votes by Julie Christie at the National Board Of Review.

Toyah said:
SEND IN THE CLOWNS!

Jonfessions said:
:gross:
Originally Posted by POP!
I own Shanghi Surprise on DVD (:manson:), however in the past couple years that I've owned it, I have not been able to get past the first 30 minutes or so.

Me too - on Region 1 AND Region 2. :D

I desperately wanted to see it for its reported car crash value and couldn't wait for the R2 release. I must get round to putting the R1 on eBay...

My MADGE DVD COLLECTION :disco:

Shanghai Surprise R1
Shanghai Surprise R2
Who's That Girl
Ciao Italia
Bloodhounds of Broadway
Dick Tracy
The Immaculate Collection
In Bed with Madonna
Shadows and Fog
A League of Their Own
Body of Evidence
Dangerous Game
The Girlie Show - Live Down Under
Blue in the Face
Four Rooms
Evita
The Video Collection 93:99
The Next Best Thing
Algo Casi Perfecto (The Next Best Thing Spanish DVD - it has a making of interview :shy:)
Drowned World Tour
Swept Away
I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
The Confessions Tour

loomer said:
Madge and Babs are mutual admirers. They were going to be doing a duet of "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" in the early 90s but it was scrapped. They first met in 1983 at a meeting about her part in Vision Quest :disco:

Check this clip

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJu5_IJWlPM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJu5_IJWlPM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Jonfessions said:
Oh I love Sondheim. ALW really is a useless cunt.

loomer said:
I loved Sweeney Todd, his words are so much more better than ALW, but he lacks his common touch. You'll love this video, Toyah! :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoVccXgAy6U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoVccXgAy6U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I would get Madge "movies" from LoveFilm, if I felt the need. I'm not that much of a loon! I recently rebought all the musical stuff though which I had on video.

Oh, she was very good in Dangerous Game which is a shit film, but there's a GREAT review of that on Imdb I need to dig up.

Toyah said:
Oh I SO want to see HATTS! :D

POP! said:
Well I don't have THAT MUCH, but I enjoy more of a bootleg than anything:

Virgin Tour (VHS)
Shanghai Surprise
Who's That Girl?
Ciao Italia
Dick Tracy (VHS)
The Immaculate Collection (I got this on VHS, it came with my Royal Box)
A League of Their Own
The Video Collection 93:99
Drowned World Tour
Die Another Day
I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
The Confessions Tour

Bootlegs:
Virgin Tour Live in Detroit DVD
Blonde Ambition Tour Live in Nice, France
American Life era mix of TV appearances
MTV performances DVD
Re-Invention Tour Live in Paris

Jonfessions said:
I love that clip. Madge, Myers and Roseanne really didn't have a clue that was going to happen!

loomer said:
OK, Imbd review.. avoid if you don't want "spoilers" :bad: It's SHIT and I only just managed to make it through the end

Quote:
The joke's on Madonna..., 13 May 2002

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

(SPOILERS)

Well, well, well, finally someone got the better of her. If you compare the similarities between real the movie and the story (Madonna's label Maverick produced this, and she's considered a non talented bimbo actress in the independent movie circuit. In the story her character get to be in the movie only because that way the director can finance it, and he despises her for being a commercial piece of sh#$) you'll see that Madonna mocked herself in the movie, but she didn't realize this until it was too late. It's even captured on film the exact moment she understands this. When the director Israel is rehearsing with her (him reading the lines from the other actor), when she can't get in the right attitude, he starts ad-libbing insulting her big time. He taunts her saying she's a commercial piece of sh$%, and reminds her that he doesn't need her, she needs him (she WANTS to be in this movie) and as he angers her immediately encourages her to say her lines, and at first Madonna looks REALLY puzzled and, as Israel says "do the lines, you commercial piece of sh$%, do the lines...", suddenly she looks as she realized something, and gets really pi#"$% off, and after hesitating for a second, says her lines real good. Well, I think that was Madonna not acting, but realizing that all those insults were directed not at her character, but at herself personally (the director Israel played by Keitel obviously represents the actual film director and writer Ferrara) because that's what most likely Ferrara and Keitel think of her as and actress.

I know, sounds too elaborated, but think of this: she's not a good actress, so that reaction (looked way to real) must have being real, not acted out. And all the similarities between her character and herself are too many and too obvious to be coincidence, and all the insults were dead on. So Ferrara and Keitel gave a piece of their mind (also Russo for that matter) and got away with it. If she wants to be in an artsy film, she has to take it up the @$$, again as her character takes it from Russo and many others according to their home movies.

Madonna talked like she felt she was kicked in the stomach by the director or something and that may have been because she was describing how she was raped in NYC in her early days which she later revealed in a 1995 NME interview, it was way too in depth and real to be scripted, it seemed all improv. She said it only made her tougher. She basically had the camera on her and was being naturalistic without knowing. Others have said she's too self-aware and nervous and blinks too much.

But I just think she has no *natural* acting talent. If she ever wanted to do it, she would need serious training like any other acting student, but even then I only think she'd get up to the level of competence. It's something that you're born with and for all the technical greatness and pyrotechnics of someone like Streep, they clearly were born with that gift.

I'm gonna copy all the youtube Virgin stuff and make a DVD of it. The bootlegs are too fucking expensive. I've saw it like once on VHS. I tried to buy the betamax in the early 90s but John Menzies had sold out.

loomer said:
This thread reminds me of THIS

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y33cQHO5up0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y33cQHO5up0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Toyah said:
How CRAP do you need to be when you couldn't get a role on Fame? Even Janet Jackson managed it! :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wsm2I0vfKR8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wsm2I0vfKR8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

loomer said:
:zombie:
That just makes me CRINGE and shows how talentless she is. All she had is confidence. She's reading the part of a completely different character and again, being herself! She's supposed to be this naive insecure girl.

Her first acting coach HATED her and said she thought she knew it all. Quelle surprise. It's heartbreaking that John Schlesinger director of the godlike Midnight Cowboy, was reduced to The Next Best Thing. Some speculated she brought on his death with her demands, but he was FUCKING OLD as well.

She also LIED about her age. :D 21 my ass.

I think she might do well in a David Fincher movie - supporting obv. Many fans have said she's been his muse in a lot of his female characters and look at the videos they did together.

But in general, thank FUCK she gave it up. Lourdes to win an Oscar and write a Mommie Dearest book! :D

At the time, she said she thought she WOULD get an Oscar nod for Evita. Silly bint. Then there was the famous fit of pique fringe hairstyle performance of YMLM.

POP! said:
There was some great videos from the time of the Virgin tour on youtube awhile ago that had a bunch of news footage from the different cities.

Jonfessions said:
Has anyone got a decent DVD of Blond Ambition ripped from the Nice or Yokohama laserdiscs?

There are also a few DVDs of one of the Houston gigs (or a combination of both, I'm not sure), all with the same artwork. I'm not sure whether it's leaked professional footage or simply a fan's bootleg...

Toyah said:
You REALLY don't want the Yokohama concert. Who knew the Japanese could be sucjh a fucking souless audinece, plus the weather doesn't help matters much either. The only good thing about it is that her voice is pretty much top notch, well considering it was the start of the tour, not like the raspy vocals you get in Nice.

loomer said:
Yes, I've heard this is some of her BEST EVER live vocals.. particularly The Look Of Love, think some is on youtube. Open Your Heart is good as well. At the end of a concert leg she sounds like shit, at the beginning, well she's great.

I dunno. There are some bootleg sites but they're expensive and my RIT NYC one skipped! :al:

I just wish that your avatar was the REAL album cover. If only they cropped out her vadge. She really has EARNT that nickname by haters now. :zombie:

POP! said:
I like the Nice concert because of the curley hair. The Barcelona show is kind of amusing to watch cause of the mistake(s) and her funny looking hair she had that night.

loomer said:
I'm wondering whether Walmart will even stock the album with that cover.

Toyah said:
I think you're getting mixed up with the WTG tour, she never did The Look Of Love in the BA concert. :angel:

loomer said:
Oops. Yes I am. Well the Japanese version of THAT is meant to be great. Sorry, I skim read a lot. :toyah:

But Re: BAT, she sounds at her WORST EVER there, she wrecked her voice on that and Rescue Me, resulting in the weak as hell vocals of Erotica, but then that was in her belt it out days.. I heard the Sooner Or Later Japan version (also on youtube) was meant to be definitive, but come on, it's no Oscars!

Toyah said:
She's like Dierdre Barlow in Barcelona and Nice with the way the veins in her neck bulge when she's straining to hit the notes in those concerts! :D

loomer said:
How did I get that wrong. I knew he meant BAT, that I saw. I just was thinking of the Japanese/best vocals.

A lot of people say that the Virgin/WTG tours are best in terms of vocals - for one: at least they're all LIVE, including the band, well Virgin was more band backing tracks. But BAT is where the lipsynching started.

I missed the DWT sadly, and it looks awful on TV, I would've died with the lack of hits, but bless the fact that for once she actually had an actual LIVE VOCAL in the opening. I get sick of her lipping the first song, then you hear the real, rougher voice.

Jonfessions said:
How much of BAT was mimed?

Is any of DWT?

Apart from Sorry, what about Confessions? Some people say Future Lovers was lipped.

I love Liz Rosenberg's ridiculous assertion that RIT was entirely live. :D

Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day for starters...

loomer said:
Where's The Party was totally mimed.. Express Yourself partially/sung over a backing track, the Dick Tracy bit almost totally, apart from S&L probably. I'll need to look out Encylopedia Madonnica - the best ever Madonna book. :disco:

Some have claimed that on some dates she sung bits of Vogue live in Portugal or whatever over the backing track at the RIT. That song has NEVER been done live and the Kylie loons had a field day when she did it with HER Burning Up as a segue. :daf:

A little bit of DWT is lipped supposedly. The bit in Sky Fits Heaven. But even THAT version of WIFLFAG is LIVE. Flawless. I was astounded. I assumed it was lipped cause she NEVER sounds that good.

This book sadly only goes up to the BS era and 1994, but it's one reason why I never got any bios.. I can read chunks it for hours and know most off-by-heart now, which is why I know so much about her. I love reference books.

I knew the email of this guy and I think he has a blog - Matthew Rettenmund. He was a contributor to alt.fan.madonna which was trashed terribly, so I left there and joined dot.

Quote:
For the record, Madonna sang audibly over her own pre-recorded vocals on songs like "Express Yourself," lip-synched almost completely on "Where's the Party," and as she woud in the future, totally lip-synched "Vogue.". Madonna is unable to sustain high notes for any length of time, a situation complicated by a throat ailiment that haunted her throughout BA. Her vocal sweetening did not detract from a performance that can only be described as legendary.

I agree, I listened live on Radio 1 with the controversial turn the air blue and F- word 30-odd times. This will ALWAYS be her best concert. And as this book says, Madonna's greatest achievement as an artist/entertainer.

Joseph said the Donna/Nikki free version of "Rain" at the Girlie Show sounds awful. :bad: An article in The Rolling Stone Files (another essential book) said that Donna DeLory was hired by Pat Leonard to sweeten Madonna's vocals.

But I don't care what the haters say, I will always defend her voice.. I wouldn't like her if I thought she couldn't sing - she is not Janet and is the best dance/pop singer of that type. Vocally live, sure she's dodgy, but she has enough "wow" moments to make it worthwhile.

Jonfessions said:
Oh I love her voice too. Love love love it. She has a brilliant pop voice.

That book sounds really interesting.

There's loads of BA Japan on youtube, I've been having a FRENZY :disco:

The merfags in Cherish are ALMOST TOO MUCH :D

Sheena said:
Originally Posted by VoR
Evita - I used to be obsessed with it when it was out. Now it's just OK. She SO wasn't Oscar worthy despite what the LOONS will tell you. Nice for her to pick up the Golden Globe though.

ABSOLUTE POPPYCOCK. Well kinda. She absolutely deserved a nomination. The fact you forget it's Madonna you're watching shows it's an ASTONISHING piece of work. Yes, I'm a loon, but I'm also not a SUEDEY level of loon...and "Evita", whilst being the only one of her films in which she is BRILLIANT, is thoroughly deserving of every accolade she gets...

titty titty bang bang said:
Originally Posted by Jonfessions
I love Liz Rosenberg's ridiculous assertion that RIT was entirely live. :D

Vogue, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day for starters...

i may be COMPLETELY delusional, but i could buy NKM and DAD as being live... :confused:

Christian said:
Don't get me started on "Evita" AGAIN.

Oscar nom worthy MY CRUSTY MINGE :evil:

Sheena said:
GET THE FUCK OUT

THE GIRLIE SHOW frm Japan is great, apart fom the crap audience and the giggling japanese girls applauding for the wrong parts, shes in top form

Christian said:
*bats eyelids*

*smears vaseline on lense*

*sings everything in a lower key than its written in*

*whispers lines that should be belted*

SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTS

Sheena said:
Oh SHUT UP. She made it her OWN rather than doing an Elaine Paige CARBON COPY. She adapted it for the screen rather than just putting a musical performance in, which would have been ENTIRELY wrong.

I repeat, she absolutely OWNS that film.

Christian said:
Actually, I do agree on that front. You can't BELT to the back of the balcony when the camera is 10 inches from your face.

BUT STILL :evil:

funky said:
I still haven't seen Evita :D :D

and also :manson:

Loufoque said:
I love Evita

The Next Best Thing contains the WORST LINE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA

'DADDY are you a FAGGOT?'

There are not :gross::manson::zombie: ETC IN THE WORLD

Christian said:
Lovefilm REFUSE to send me The Next Best Thing even though it's been on Priority 1 for about 6 MONTHS

I didn't realise they had a QUALITY CONTROL policy in place. They certainly send Mr C enough SHITTY US GAY ANGST DRAMAS for me to think OTHERWISE :evil:

Donna Summer said:
Some QUEEN is obviously KEEPING HOLD OF THE ONLY COPY

I of course have NOT seen it but I do like 'American Pie'

I've always been a sucker for ENNUI in songs

Sheena said:
I don't hate "American Pie" QUITE AS MUCH as the world does either.

And "ennui"- THANK YOU Donna. I was trying to explain yesterday a style of singing I DO ENJOY and that was IT. I used "kinda lazy, weary...erm, not really interested"

Now I can look INTELLIGENT :disco:

loomer said:
Shee, have you seen all the Oscar nominees of that year? I'm pretty new to being a cineloon and have also become obsessed with the Oscars. Even the mighty film buff La Toyah thinks Madge should have been in, despite his distaste for the film.

I remember the Rolling Stone review saying that Parker would never allow her to allow to *act* - i.e the deathbed scene, which is contrary to what the fans like Joseph have said. She made me cry several times, but I haven't seen it since its cinema release, have it on DVD so need a rewatch, but not exactly top of me list! I'm very influenced by reviews (sheep-like) and Vox or whatever said along the lines of "sodomy and nipple piercings are glorious acts compared to this shitfest" [when comparing it to Sex]. :basil: However, I liked it myself, but felt Banderas gave the better performance.

I recorded a DVD of Marvin's Room cause it was on Film 4 recently. GG's gave it to Streep, was Keaton actually better, VoR? They must have been tired of her being the default nominee or some shit.. I think the most she's gone without a nom is less than 5 years. Patrick would probably say that Kristin Scott Thomas deserved to be in, but like I said Courtney Love was great but was just playing herself.

Anyway, frankly she has nothing on the top 3 - McDormand who she mistifyingly beat at the GG's (why the fuck was she in "comedy"?!), Blethyn and especially Emily Watson in BTW which is about my fave performance of all time.

Sheena said:
The only one I haven't seen of the Oscar nominees is Diane Keaton...

And I maintain that she wasn't better than McDormand, fair enough, or Blethyn, but certainly the equal of Watson and I see no one else who should have been nominated either, well not from memory anyway.

The Oscars shouldn't just be about great performances (which "Evita" is, I maintain) but also about the stretching of the artist in question- for Madonna to go from her usual level of acting to what she did in "Evita" shows what a truly astonishing performance it is. And as I keep saying, it was a MAJOR thing that you forget you're not watching Eva Peron on the screen when it's the most famous woman in the world portraying her...

loomer said:
Unless I'm imagining it, I actually think Madge was one of the original choices of Breaking The Waves. No shit. :o Can you imagine her with a Scots accent? :D

I think she would have worked well with Von Trier. Look at the acclaim Bjork got. And the naturalistic style worked well in Dangerous Game which was a mess otherwise, but probably her best performance, Evita and DSS aside.

loomer said:
Originally Posted by Sheena
And "ennui"- THANK YOU Donna. I was trying to explain yesterday a style of singing I DO ENJOY and that was IT. I used "kinda lazy, weary...erm, not really interested"

Now I can look INTELLIGENT :disco:

I forgot about that word. It's one of my faves. :su2: :basil:

I dislike AP much - more cause of the casio keyboard - but though she sounds listless and bored, her voice is very smooth and nice toned on it at least.

Dr Lecter said:
I love Desperately Seeking Susan cos its so part of its time, and i remember my sister getting it form the video shop.

Shanghai Suprise i think i saw once and it depresses me

Whos That Girl is FABULOUSLY shite..i remember being obsessed with it and Murray the Cougar

What else, Dick Tracy is ok, she would have been better as a Batman slut

Body of Evidence is shockingly amusing

Evita, well its on Sky right now, and its fab, i saw it at the cineman and remember the girl next to me in floods of tears at the end....she did deliver here i think

The Next Best Thing - ugh, alternate accents; 5 years later and the same hairstyle (same as nowthen) just a bit shit but not that bad...prob cos i went to the premiere and saw her there it made it seem better

Swept Away - Depressing

Well THAT TOOK A WHILE :|

This is the legendary scene from Dangerous Game I referred to above.. that review is spot on.

This is definitely ad-libbing, real and not acted.

Maverick Films did make that movie so she was the one who funded it.

She literally took it up the ass. But this is one of the few times the director - played by Keitel - gets a truthful, raw performance out of her.

Otherwise she's deadpan, and yes.. she blinks way too much! This Eureka moment is absolutely rivetting to watch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2N2rBolXLo&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2N2rBolXLo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've not seen Dangerous Game (1993). Or at least can't remember it. Posting here to remind myself to get a move on with that.

I’ve never seen Swept Away (WHO HAS?) but this clip has been doing the round and Madonna’s ’body’ falling off the boat is absolutely sending me. :D

Guy laughing in the DVD commentary because an actor he cast, David Thornton, is married to Cyndi Lauper really sums him up.

Madonna's problem with acting is her voice - if she drops the candlelight suppers Madonna-Bucket nonsense, the husky Truth or Dare skits show where she should have tapped into more.

I just noticed that Swept Away has a 5% rating on Rotten Tomatoes!
That (fake?) tan and hairdo in the movie did her no favours either, another reason to not like Guy Ritchie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom