Madonna Survivor: The 2010s and 2020s (Round 4 - VOTE TO SAVE)

VOTE TO SAVE (up to 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

POP!

Let the light in
Down to the final six, VOTE TO SAVE THREE.

Animated GIF

18. Batuka
17. Future
16. Back That Up to the Beat
15. Bitch I'm Madonna
14. Give Me All Your Luvin'
12. I Rise
12. Levitating (The Blessed Madonna Remix)
11. Dark Ballet
10. Turn Up the Radio (26 votes)
9. Hold Tight (22 votes)
7. I Don't Search I find (20 votes)
7. Crave (20 votes)

I know its my own fault for forgetting to vote, but Crave is one of the best!

LFL is a tough one not to save. I think it's highly underrated, but vocally she's kind of tapped out. The performances were very good though. How the mighty have fallen, etc.

Considering Living For Love made the top 30 in the UK, I wonder if Ghosttown would have done any better. It's pretty much universally loved here and is absolutely the better song (and the better video for that matter). Or maybe that's the best we could have hoped for for a Madonna single by that point.

I don't dislike Living For Love at all, by the way, I just think Ghosttown is far better.

Girl Gone Wild is better than Medellin. FIGHT ME but at least the former oozes self awareness and knows it's SHIT :D :disco:

The room is spinning
It must be the tanqueray
I'm about to go astray, my inhibition's gone away
I feel like sinning
You got me in the zone
DJ play my favorite song, turn me on

Sure, Jan.

The room is spinning
It must be the tanqueray
I'm about to go astray, my inhibition's gone away
I feel like sinning
You got me in the zone
DJ play my favorite song, turn me on

Sure, Jan.
It needs the emphases clearly marked, it really makes it :disco:

It must *BE* the tanque*RAY*
I'm ab*OUT* to go as*TRAY*

erferlykesinnigg

I've learned to love GGW, especially the MDNA Tour version which seems sped up, maybe she couldn't wait to get it over with.
Masterpiece is fine, I wouldn't hang it in the loo, but I wouldn't save it in this round either.
LFL on its own is a 6/10, but the mashup with What is Love is a 12/10.
Ghosttown is one of the only RB songs I still listen to, it's lovely.
Medellin... sorry, I don't know her, it does nothing for me.
God Control - still my favourite from Madame X.

Ghosttown
Medellin
God Control

easy. Masterpiece is fucking rubbish. Living For Love very underbaked, needed more time in the OVEN.

A video for Masterpiece would have been wonderful. Imagine if it was incredibly elegant and then... a shot of Madge actually on the loo at you know when. Classic madge - a sequel to the chip chewing shot from WIFLFAG.

Girl Gone Wild is interesting. It was arguably her most embarrassing single at that point, though objectively the better song than its predecessor. I like it a lot more now than I did at the time, probably cause I've gotten over it being a load of old NONSENSE and because it sounded cheap and beneath her at the time, but fuck me, there's been worse that has happened since...

Girl Gone Wild is interesting. It was arguably her most embarrassing single at that point, though objectively the better song than its predecessor. I like it a lot more now than I did at the time, probably cause I've gotten over it being a load of old NONSENSE and because it sounded cheap and beneath her at the time, but fuck me, there's been worse that has happened since...
I agree with every aspect of this

Girl Gone Wild is joining Into The Groove, Frozen and other legendary tunes in the final.

I hope you’re all thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

:kim:

Girl Gone Wild is joining Into The Groove, Frozen and other legendary tunes in the final.

I hope you’re all thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

:kim:

DARLING, read the rest of the list here and tell me what else should very much be up with those songs?

BECAUSE I JUST DON'T SEE IT!

Blame the format

It's a bit like having a poll for best British PM ever, and having to throw Theresa May into the mix because of who we were comparing her to.

DARLING, read the rest of the list here and tell me what else should very much be up with those songs?

BECAUSE I JUST DON'T SEE IT!

I thought you’d be bothered that it’s in there in place of Masterpiece!

I thought you’d be bothered that it’s in there in place of Masterpiece!
I love it, but it's still HALF BAKED compared to the classics.

I'd argue only Ghosttown is worthy of inclusion in the true pantheon of Madonna greats and even then it's ARGUABLE.

The real question is which perverts will not vote to eliminate Girl Gone Wild in the first round of the final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom