Mare of Easttown

What if it’s the other brother and he’s fucking with his brother and trying to make him to be the murderer? So Mare will go in suspecting the wrong brother.

That’s interesting! There’s something about him, especially on this episode that seems suspicious.

What if it’s the other brother and he’s fucking with his brother and trying to make him to be the murderer? So Mare will go in suspecting the wrong brother.

I definitely believe this is the case

Billy gone knocked her up but John killed her when she threatened to reveal who the father is. or maybe it was all an accident during a heated argument between the three. we know that the bullet ricocheted. then John made Billy dispose of the body which would explain the blood on him

I've got the best friend's husband with the big grey beard down as the killer, possibly in tandem with the younger guy that's on screen with him (his son?).

CALLED IT! :disco:

It's all quite Sarah Lund season 1 of The Killing isn't it. Mare going off to them fishing without waiting for back up, and with that GIANT RED TACKLE BOX in tow is going to end in disaster.

I'm assuming Mare shoots and kills the WRONG ONE, the other escapes and is eventually caught, and Mare ends the season is DISGRACE :D

There's so much going on in this town! :D I really can't keep up!

How many people have died in the 48-72 hour period the last couple of episodes seem to have encompassed?

The strangest this about this town is the accent. Is this how they speak in semi-rural Pennsylvania?

Well this was a satisfying finale. I expected a twist was coming when it was resolved within ten minutes.

The plot got a bit sketchy but the emotional moments between Kate and Julianne Nicholson were so fucking good.

Kate tremendous again in the finale, especially in those scenes between Mare and Lori but also the one at the custody mediation. Agree that there were some stretches in getting to the whodunit outcome but it didn't matter too much.

I found this really rather contrived on the whole, and rather dull. Some great performances though obviously, and a pretty satisfying finale.

Also I’m sure the scene with the fishing brothers at the start was greenscreened!?

I can't say I loved the plot twist (it seemed a little unlikely) but I enjoyed that it gave Kate and her bf some emotional scenery to chew on. Overall, I think the series peaked the episode that Evan Peters died.

Yeah, I mostly thought it was pretty ludicrous TBH, and it left so many gaping plot holes.

I actually LOL'd at the little boy seeing Mare at the football field and immediately intuiting that SHE KNEW. Like, she's his mother's best friend and they live in a small town. Wouldn't he see her around MOST DAYS?

Also WTF was going on with the teenager who was originally thought to be the father of the murdered girl's baby? I get that he was one of the red herrings, but was there just no explanation whatsoever for all of his shifty/outright villainous behaviour in the preceding episodes?

And how the hell did Julianne Nicholson end up getting custody of that baby so easily?!

I probably over-think these things, but nothing in that final episode felt like it made any sense whatsoever.

Reactions: dUb
It definitely doesn't stand up to SCRUTINY at all :D

but everyone on Twitter is convinced they've watched some masterpiece prestige drama so that's nice for them!

Reactions: VoR
The finale was a weird one for me, it really was a twist too far - and as a result I think it quickly glossed over the two brothers/incestuous relationship with Erin element of the show which would have been far more interesting and just as emotional for the cast to act out.
I think they really missed an opportunity by not making more of the fishing scene at the start of the show too, if they'd given it more time it could have been a truly memorable set-piece.

THAT SAID I still really enjoyed it, and I quite like how most of the episode felt like an epilogue for a lot of the characters that you'd grown to know over the past few episodes. I still don't really understand the lesbian daughter or why she was in the show though, she stuck out like a sore thumb in the end :D

And as mentioned, the Evan Peters death/Silence Of The Lambs episode is one of the most thrilling pieces of TV I've seen since The Bridge was last on screen.

Reactions: VoR
Oh and I kind of love that Julianne Nicholson played the disastrous JENNY in Ally McBeal :D
BRUTALLY written out of the show with no real explanation after a few episodes because everybody hated the character :D

julianne-nicholson-ally-mcbeal-boardwalk-empire-tv-photo-GC.jpg

I watched one episode and thought it dull, so gave up on it. Mr L stuck with it though and loved it. And I see people praising it all over social media, so I don't know if the first episode was just a bit weak, or if I got it horribly wrong.

I agree with everyone else here that the finale was a bit of a let down. I watched it in three parts because I couldn’t sit through it all at once. The acting, especially Kate’s, is sublime and the whole town drama I found quite lovely (even though they’d all be Trump supporters irl) but the mystery just peaked before the finale and the plot twist was therefore unnecessary.

I’ve just caught up with this and I loved it, despite it basically being a US remake of Happy Valley. I’m glad Mare went up into the attic again. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom