Martha Wainwright - I know you're married but i have feelings too

That is a WONDROUS album title.

I liked her last album but it was one that I never really played as much as I should.

I LOVED her last album and I've been waiting waiting waiting for some news on her new album to crop up. I'm muchos excited about this. FABULOUS title too :D

Better than her disgusting, ugly talentless flamer brother. But then who ISN'T. How DARE he ruin JUDY for me.

He's no LOUDON, who at least got to sue Robbie Williams for plagiarism.

Oh i've been meaning to download her last album for a while. She just seems like someone i'd like.
About halfway through and so far so good! "These Flowers" seems to be the best song so far.

Album has leaked already!

and it is, unsurprisingly, brilliant. loving "you cheated me" and "comin' tonight" so far. her voice is flawless.

Last edited:
I've got her debut and it's ok but not special enough to draw me back to it too often. She's got one of those voices that works to great effect as a backing singer or co-vocalist but doesn't always stand out as well on it's own.

I got the album this week and on first listen I was seriously underwhelmed. A couple of plays later and it definitely has grown, though it does tail off a bit at the end.

Favourites are You Cheated Me, So Many Friends, In the Middle of the Night and especially Comin' Tonight:

We haven't spent the night together in this town since 1979...not such a long time...

Shame that the song is followed by Tower Song, which I'm still finding very hard going. OOHHHHH... SHUT UP WOMAN.

So I seem to be a year behind with martha. After "bloody...." popped up on random I realised i'd not downloaded the new one. I'm listening now!

I actually haven't listened to this in ages. a great album nevertheless. I saw her live last year, amazing voice and good at interacting with the audience. the highlight must've been the group of female pensioners screaming 'bloody motherfucking asshole'.

Has anybody bought the Piaf record yet? I love Martha's voice, so am tempted...but does it make sense without much knowledge of the original material?

The first album was brilliant, I thought. Raw and heartfelt, fucking amazing vocally. The second had some great moments, but was far too polished for my liking. Still looking forward to what she has lined up next. And as has been mentioned, she's terrific live also.

I like both her first two albums but I have no interest whatsoever in the Piaf stuff I'm afraid.

I have the 2 albums, not crazy about them but they are solid albums.

She released a cover of Edith Piaf songs Sans Fusils, Ni Souliers, à Paris: Martha Wainwright's Piaf Record, here's the tracklist:

"La Foule"
"Adieu Mon Cœur"
"Une Enfant"
"L'Accordéoniste"
"Le Brun et le Blond"
"Les Grognards"
"C'est Toujours la Même Histoire"
"Hudsonia"
"C'est à Hambourg"
"Non, La Vie n'est pas Triste"
"Soudain une Vallée"
"Marie Trottoir"
"Le Métro de Paris"
"Le Chant d'Amour"
"Les Blouses Blanches"

Last edited:
I havn't been able to find it anywhere so far :(.

I just found this on a torrent which also contains the other albums

# Martha Wainwright-Ground floor-1997
#

* 01 - don't forget.mp3 5 Mb
* 02 - hate you too.mp3 4 Mb
* 03 - the car song.mp3 3 Mb
* 04 - door.mp3 4 Mb
* 05 - precious smiles.mp3 3 Mb
* 06 - laurel & hardy.mp3 5 Mb
* 07 - gone-to-sea.mp3 4 Mb
* 08 - wandering eyes.mp3 4 Mb
* 09 - question of etiquette.mp3 4 Mb
* 10 - wanna wanna.mp3 4 Mb

anyone know anything about that?

she has a new album out in october :disco:

img.php

I Am Sorry
Can You Believe It
Radio Star
Proserpina
Leave Behind
Four Black Sheep
Some People
I Wanna Make an Arrest
All Your Clothes
Everything Wrong

i wonder if it's a "new sound", considering the cover :disco:

Martha Wainright featuring Calvin Harris.

Has anyone been able to find that Piaf album? I even looked for it when I Eason Canada and couldn't find it.

she's released a new song, Proserpina

I believe it's one of her mum's songs. it's very Wainwright-y alright! it's lush

I had no idea either! it also turns out I've had no idea that she's put another three albums since I Know You're Married :square:

I'll get to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom