Melodifestivalen 2022: THE FINAL - Friends Arena

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
FNO1wyDWQAgPgyP

1. Klara Hammarström - Run to the Hills
1600px-Klara_Hammarstr%C3%B6m_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt, Julie Aagaard, Anderz Wrethov, Klara Hammarström

2. THEOZ - Som du vill
1600px-Theoz_61e6121283430.jpg

Text och musik: Tobias Lundgren, Axel Schylström, Tim Larsson, Elize Ryd, Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt

3. Anna Bergendahl - Higher Power
1599px-Anna_Bergendahl_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Anna Bergendahl, Thomas G:son, Bobby Ljunggren, Erik Bernholm

4. John Lundvik - Änglavakt
1599px-John_Lundvik_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Anderz Wrethov, Elin Wrethov, Benjamin Rosenbohm, Fredrik Sonefors, John Lundvik

5. Tone Sekelius - My Way
1600px-Tone_Sekelius_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Anderz Wrethov, Tone Sekelius

6. Anders Bagge - Bigger than the Universe
1600px-Anders_Bagge_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Anders Bagge, Jimmy Jansson, Peter Boström, Thomas G:son

7. Robin Bengtsson - Innocent Love
1600px-Robin_Bengtsson_%282022%29.jpg

Text och musik: David Lindgren Zacharias, Victor Sjöström, Victor Crone, Viktor Broberg, Sebastian Atas

8. Faith Kakembo - Freedom
1599px-Faith_Kakembo_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Laurell Barker, Anderz Wrethov, Palle Hammarlund, Faith Kakembo

9. LIAMOO - Bluffin
1600px-LIAMOO_%282021%29.jpg

Text och musik: Jimmy ‘Joker’ Thörnfeldt, Sami Rekik, Dino Medanhodzic, Ali Jammali

10. Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer
1599px-Cornelia_Jakobs_%282022%29.jpg

Text och musik: Isa Molin, David Zandén, Cornelia Jakobsdotter

11. Cazzi Opeia - I Can't Get Enough
1600px-Cazzi_Opeia_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Bishat Araya, Jakob Redtzer, Cazzi Opeia, Paul Rey
12. MEDINA - In i dimman
1600px-Medina_2022.jpg

Text och musik: Jimmy "Joker" Thörnfeldt, Sami Rekik, Dino Medanhodzic, Ali Jammali

Last edited:
Robin and John Lundvik the only real weak links for me :disco:
Even if I'm not mega keen on a couple of others (Anders and Faith), I can at least see their reason to be there (and the final minute of Faith is actually pretty ROUSING!)

Would be happy with (in order of preference) Cornelia, Klara, Medina or even Theoz as a winner :disco:
Liamoo seems to have fallen down the back of the sofa in terms of interest, poor love :(

My prediction

Cornelia storms the jury, finishes 2-3 on televote but it's enough
Klara wins the televote, but juries do to her what they did to Wiktoria in 2017
Anders surprisingly (to everyone but me) finishes around 5th with voters, 7-9th with juries.

John or Faith finish dead last.

Anna Bergendahl has the best showing from AC, but only thanks to the juries. Tone gets a great televote but the juries murder her.

No one seems to care about Faith so I see last place with the public for her, but maybe a bit better with the juries.

I think we'll have really quite different vote splits, with Klara, Theoz and Tone all over-performing on the televote, but being savaged by the juries.
Cornelia I think will top the jury, but I'm unsure about her televote - but I agree with VoR that it's most likely she will sneak the win.

Yeah, for Theoz the big triumph was getting a hit and getting to the final. He's probably nailed on for next year's pimp slot with something more Eurovision-competitive in English (unless Cazzi gets the nod as the traditional chosen breakout comeback)

Reactions: VoR
I'd entirely forgotten that Medina finished below Klara in the heat. I can still see them beating her potentially though if the running order goes in their favour. Does that happen very often in the final? A runner-up finishing higher than the winner of the heat they were in?

After playing it last night I definitely want Cornelia now. It's pure magic and with only a few entries left, it does sound like winner material.

Medina is fun and safe and I'd be happy with that too.

Klara is even more fun but too messy and therefore risky.

It's GOT to be one of those three though surely

*John Lundvik wins and everyone dies*

I'd entirely forgotten that Medina finished below Klara in the heat. I can still see them beating her potentially though if the running order goes in their favour. Does that happen very often in the final? A runner-up finishing higher than the winner of the heat they were in?
I'd be surprised if Medina beat Klara, as I imagine the juries will be quite cool on it (historically they never really have time for Swedish language stuff). It'd need the juries to really do to her what she does to her evil twin!

I don't think it's that unusual. And probably more likely this year as the heat winners were purely based on number of votes, while the final scoring is on a different basis (jury plus public vote in categories).

Not sure why it’s taking them so long to decide the order! Robin to open, Medina to close, pop all the favourites somewhere between 6-11 and put some filler in between them. Done.

Reactions: D5K
I'm sure they'll leave him to the end to keep the TV viewers hooked, but for Anders' sake it would be nice for him to get his performance out of the way early.

Not sure why it’s taking them so long to decide the order! Robin to open, Medina to close, pop all the favourites somewhere between 6-11 and put some filler in between them. Done.
Maybe now that Christer has gone they’ve realised there’s not actually any need whatsoever for them to lock themselves in an office and miss the after party just so a few internet gays can pore over the running order.

Maybe now that Christer has gone they’ve realised there’s not actually any need whatsoever for them to lock themselves in an office and miss the after party just so a few internet gays can pore over the running order.
True - but it literally takes ten minutes!

Christer wouldn’t miss the after party. He did his homework and presented the running order 10 minutes after the AC was finished.

This year the project leader Anette “didn’t know” and couldn’t answer how the draw was going to be presented when the journalist asked just a day before the AC show.

It’s Karin Gunnarsson that’s contest producer this year. She’s done a few mishaps:
  • The finalen draw should be presented live after AC so that fans can loon over the draw for a week.
  • 3rd placers should be seeded into AC and acts from the same Semi should not meet again in AC.

Other than that she’s done fine, I quite like her different takes on running orders.

Last edited:
Christer wouldn’t miss the after party. He did his homework and presented the running order 10 minutes after the AC was finished.

This year the project leader Anette “didn’t know” and couldn’t answer how the draw was going to be presented when the journalist asked just a day before the AC show.
I remember their being a couple of years when they revealed the order during the Andra Chansen results.

Reactions: Hak
What difference does it make to 'looning' having the draw out midweek...?

It's not like having acts from the same semi made much difference - both the ones that came 4th in their heat qualified over the ones that came 3rd!

What difference does it make to 'looning' having the draw out midweek...?

It's not like having acts from the same semi made much difference - both the ones that came 4th in their heat qualified over the ones that came 3rd!
It’s also that they rest of production has to wait to plan certain things before they’ve got the running order, it should be out asap.

In years when the semi group stage happen to become unbalanced it makes a huge difference. Because of this it’s standard procedure to separate qualifiers from the same groups at the next step in international competitions.

I presume, given they're running it, that it doesn't make much difference to their own production to not release it on the night and to just wait until Monday/Tuesday...it's not like Eurovision where the artists have to book to be there for different days for rehearsals depending on which semi they're in!

I can’t believe I’m even humouring the “sabotaging their own production by not releasing the running order yet” argument, but don’t forget that in most years, the next couple of days would be focused on actually moving the production to Stockholm.

They don’t have to do that this year so that does free things up a bit.

If only they'd had seeding in the second chance round and just released the final running order immediately after...maybe they could have averted it :( :( :(

This was a happy Anette on Christer's side scolding Reinada just 4 years ago.
5300e7c8-745c-409c-841c-3de4269cb7e2

Last edited:
Is Melodifestivalen 2022 going to be like Eurovision 2017 where we find out after the event quite how much of a disaster it was behind the scenes?

Mock me all you want but it's all downhill from here. You'll hear my I told you so's in 10 years time when Sweden shares last place with the UK :oi:
We’ll be onto our second win of the decade by then ;)

• Sad
Reactions: Hak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom