Deltävling Five - Karlstad (2/3/24)

1. Jay Smith - Back To My Roots
2. Elektra - Banne maj
3. Chelsea Muco - Controlla
4. Annika Wickihalder - Light
5. Medina - Que Sera
6. Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable

Great to have Lisa, Clara, Dotter and Cazzi :disco:

Two years on the trot with none of the old school schlager divas on the lineup. :( Not a surprise any more but still sad. We know that Jessica Andersson and Nanne (with One More Time) both submitted.

Lisa Ajax's entry was written by joy vacuum VICTOR CRONE so my hopes aren't terribly high there.

I was kinda hoping for Agnes to appear on this list but sadly no.. will she ever release new music?

Apparently Elisa might have an ABBA schlager song that has been around for some time now.
Really hope so.

According to rumours I’ve just made up, Gunilla Persson - I Won't Shake (La La Gunilla) has many of the same musical qualities as the Christian hymn Amazing Grace by John Newton

Danny says that during COVID he felt suffocated and just wanted to channel his creative ambitions, he didn't want to win. Now he's going for Eurovision and is back with an updated sound in the same vein has his English language hits.

Apparently Elisa might have an ABBA schlager song that has been around for some time now.
Really hope so.
It's by G:Son and his more schlagery collaborators so I certainly hope so.

Lisa Ajax's entry was written by joy vacuum VICTOR CRONE so my hopes aren't terribly high there.
I thought she was a sacrificial lamb the moment I saw she was in a heat with Samir & Viktor plus two acts that finished top 5 last year :(

Honestly, this line up looks GOOD!
I agree, it’s time to add some more playing cards to our deck

I am going to say here though that I am worried about Dotter’s song title. If she’s gone full Sara Bareilles I’m not talking to her anymore.

Early odds

1701435215510.png

Dotter’s song title gives me war flashbacks to Alexander Rybak’s second Eurovision entry :zombie:

Yeah Dotter in the same heat as Danny isn’t getting my hopes up.

• Sad
Reactions: Hak
I thought she was a sacrificial lamb the moment I saw she was in a heat with Samir & Viktor plus two acts that finished top 5 last year :(
I wouldn't be so sure. Lisa said to the press that she wouldn't compete again if whe didn't have a really good song, although she also mentioned wanting to present a more mature image this time. Being in Heat 1 is perfect if she's indeed entering a mature grower.

Samir gives the impression of having jumped on this on a whim after his failed real estate agent career and so this entry might not be as thoroughly planned as their previous ones. SVT always place Samir & Viktor in the first heats hoping for a early chart stopper in case they don't go DTF.

Adam Woods might also be vulnerable as he has chosen to forgo offers from the usual songwriters, instead entering a song written by himself and his friends.

Last edited:
Danny says that during COVID he felt suffocated and just wanted to channel his creative ambitions, he didn't want to win. Now he's going for Eurovision and is back with an updated sound in the same vein has his English language hits.
Well up for that. The first album was great and quite a lot of good stuff on second one too

Reactions: Hak
I would rather Kiana returned than Maria Sur, but hopefully this club pop number is more interesting than her ballad.

So Schlager diva hopes, faint as they are, sit with EVIL ELISA

I'm much more interested in Tokyo than Dandi dansa Danny. I think things starting going downhill once he got rid of the ludicrous hair:

558259.png

God I hope Adam Woods DIES frankly
Is he Swedish? It’s not a very Swedish name. It sounds like he should be selling double-glazing (and NOT in Linköping).

I watched one of her music videos last night and she removed the mask at the end. Was it not actually her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom