Melodifestivalen 2024: Deltävling Two (Göteborg)

C7C3BEAA-0AA1-4C80-85E4-47000A1E3EF1.jpeg

If this isn’t the face of sheer evil

"Miss Filth hit her horse and then face slapped herself in frustration after her catastrophic third rehearsal" :(

Will you lo-lo-lo-ve me when I'm gone.

Get it Maria, congrats on not being boring this year. There were some dodgy notes here and there, but I'm all here for her going all out dance. Already better than last weeks competition!

Well it’s hardly a HEAT FOR THE AGES is it?

I like Maria and Dear Sara so far, so it's already doing better than last week!

LIAMOO easily has the best vocal control of this nights batch, he feels like an obvious DTF.

It all just a bit boring

Maria and Dear Sara nice enough

Liamoo competent I guess

The other two awful

One to go

I guess, LIAMOO and Fröken Snusk DTF - if there's any justice Maria and Dear Sara will go to Andra chansen, but I feel like those two might take each other out.

I guess, LIAMOO and Fröken Snusk DTF - if there's any justice Maria and Dear Sara will go to Andra chansen, but I feel like those two might take each other out.

This should be the way it goes but who knows with the Swedish public

I can’t watch yet because drunk in Birmingham :disco: but I did feel a touch DEFLATED after seeing the live snippets so I’m guessing the performances weren’t that inspired?

ARJA SHOULD'VE WON!!!!

Also, Lotta was 23 when did Fyra Bugg och en Coca Cola lol

Surely Snusk is going to get massacred by the older demos.

I wasn't impressed TBH, the vocals really weren't great and the masks stripped a lot of the potential joy out of it.

Maria's song was a let down too though TBH. The clip seemed like it was building to something, but actually it turns out they just used the best bit?

Dear Sara surprisingly the best, not sure why her reviews were so poor?

God they need to kill this results announcement format off, it's so boring.

So far it's looking like Maria, Fröken Snusk and Dear Sara will all advance, phew.

God they need to kill this results announcement format off, it's so boring.
There's just so much of it, for something that, in the scheme of things, means very little.

Announcing the two DTF's and realising the scores in one hit for people to peruse after the event (if they choose!) makes much more sense.

Reactions: VoR
Maria DTF, Dear Sara and then Fröken Snusk to Andra Chansen. Fröken did worse than expected, but will obviously be streamed to death on Spotify.

There's just so much of it, for something that, in the scheme of things, means very little.

Announcing the two DTF's and realising the scores in one hit for people to peruse after the event (if they choose!) makes much more sense.
The way they used to do it (First DTF at random, two AC announced and the last DTF) worked fine!

Pleased for Dear Sara, but a really underwhelming heat for me.

Hopefully next week will kick things up a notch with Clara K, Cazzi and LA GUNILLA :disco:

Maria's song was a let down too though TBH. The clip seemed like it was building to something, but actually it turns out they just used the best bit?

It was the only one I watched tonight and it was disappointing. It was so NOTHINGY for what was supposed to be a DANCE-POP BANGER.

I really like how they do the reprise in the audience rather than just the same performance again

I've only watched since 2018, and even then on and off, sometimes dragging Mr RoM into it like last night, and we both thought that was pretty dire from start to finish. The show felt so stilted too (probably didn't help that I was struggling to put subtitles on).

The songs and performances were just...there? Maria's was a lot of smoke and mirrors. It's like they threw everything at nothing. Really average vocalist too, I don't need to see a third chance from this one.

Fröken Snusk weirdly just as boring as Maria. Not much going on there when the gimmicks are removed, but at least the song had a bit more life to it.

Dear Sara easily the best so I'm glad she lives to see another day. All came across like a perfectly acceptable Anna Bergendahl entry. I suspect she would've sunk in many other years. But let's not get excited, it was a PLEASANT song and performance, the fact that was the best of the night is worrying.

I still love this show for bringing the budget and stage quality, but that was not one for the ages...

Just watched this and it's really odd how Melodifestivalen just feels boring this year - I ended up fast-forwarding past everything that wasn't the songs or results which I don't think I've ever done before. Liamoo's song is his least appealing yet, it was all a bit Break A Broken Heart. Dear Sara & Maria Sur were my favourites from this heat.

I thought the song quality was a bit higher overall than Heat 1. But then I'm a sucker for that sort of Maria fluff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom