Melodifestivalen 2024: Grand Final (Stockholm)

Actually passed away slightly at M&M getting stuck awkwardly in the middle and Ar Jacq getting that good draw. Could it BE?

1000054430.png

(liamooos nothing song at 10th is worrying me slightly though)

Despite the odds massively favouring M&M, I do think it's quite an open final. Could see a world where any of M&M, Danny, Jacqline or Dotter took it.

(Think Medina's chances got smashed tonight when it became clear older demos would vote them down as well as the juries)

They're still trying to push Danny then?

Slightly surprised at Danny getting the closing slot rather than Medina.

Is it too early to start Moopyfestivalen 2024 already next week btw? I'm happy to run most the heats this year if someone wants to take the relay for possibly Heat 5, the Run-Off Round and Final.

Last edited:
I don't think it's particularly likely to happen, but given the pileup of uptempos we're expecting this year, Dotter would absolutely be the wisest choice Sweden could make to stand out a bit.

Queen JACKIE front and centre I see

• Love
Reactions: dUb
I actually really like Danny's song in studio form :shy:
Same - I think it was @Pingu who was explaining to me that it does that thing where the melody is never resolved? Either way, it sounds like minor key to me and adds another depth to it

I'm ALL for my pop girlies, but I honestly think Marcus & Martinus's song is the only "ooh" moment that makes you actually want to vote. Staging and song-wise, it's probably the best.

Effortless is a stomper of a studio track but I kinda feel like it lacks a live ~moment, so to speak. That being said, they quite clearly gave all the budget to Marcus & Martinus as they're the only one with above decent staging, so is it any wonder that it feels like such a foregone conclusion?

Does anyone have any stats comparing chart positions and streams etc to actual points received from the public over the last few years?

It feels like we’re obsessing over two things which are completely different metrics. I doubt many people over the age of 45 are streaming lots. Which is 3 of the voting groups. Plus the telephone group which is skewed towards the older groups anyway.

I don’t think anyone is obsessing over it. We all know it doesn’t count for everything, but it’s also not nothing either.

I can’t stop thinking about Danny’s artificial Marigolds :(

So far on my first night in Sweden:
I’ve watched Keiinoo have a meal
I’ve seen Elisa and Scarlet perform live
I’ve seen Sanna mime the bollocks off her greatest hits
I’ve danced next to Caroline Af Ugglas who was absolutely arse about face and had her trousers around her ankles the entire time
I’ve seen the Malta 2011 bloke flanked by undiscerning homosexuals and clearly just planning to fire into anything he can get his hands on
I’ve realised her from Gate is quite fit after walking right past her

Having not watched live since week 1, have they sorted out streaming from the app yet, or am I going to still have to do mirroring off my Mac tonight? (Which last time was upside down and I just gave up...)

I have made a last-minute allegiance shift to DANNY.

The lyrics combined with the minor key tick all of my melancholic Scandinavian boxes, and his dedication to acting like Loreen with his nonchalance about the competition and SPIRITUALISM - even a performance where he has arrived at HEAVEN’S GATE make this a conceptina I just can’t deny anymore.

BEAM ME UP, TELETUBBY
7B77303F-AA1C-4458-A892-3611821F5FC2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom