Mighty Hoopla 2024

I am definitely wanting to go this year as I was meant to last year and it annoyingly fell through.

Would you recommend doing both days? Or one?
One is enough for me - particularly since the Sunday lineup has much more appeal personally - but if there's acts you want to see across both days, I'm sure both would be fun!

Last year I just did Saturday and it did feel uncomfortably RAMMED at points. Friends who went on Sunday said it was much more chilled then.

The lineup (thus far) if anyone's missed it:

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.04.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-14 at 09.04.11.jpeg

Yeah just Sunday for me this year. Two days is too draining anyway, but that Sunday one is right up my alley :disco:

Well I got a Saturday ticket months ago and can't be arsed with it now. Sunday is where it's at!

We do both days and Sunday is a totally different vibe- far busier Saturday generally, but actually, the most jammed I saw anything was the second stage on Sunday, which was so busy for Vengaboys- Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Saturday feels more “let’s fucking party” and Sunday is more chilled, for me anyway.

I’ve never been to a proper festival before as they really don’t appeal to me though if there was one I would go to it would be Hoopla, but I think I might be a bit old for it now, and not sure I could drag any of my friends along.

It is a fairly decent line up but apart from Agnes there isn’t anyone I’m desperate to see. I’ve seen Louise before and after her performance at the S Club gig I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to see Rachel mime through her 20 minute set.

Kim Petras can do one.

Yes, and no you have not

Want to buy my Saturday ticket off me though? :beer:

Why aren’t you going? I’d have to go to both nights. I’ve seen Jessie thrice now but never in a festival setting

Why aren’t you going? I’d have to go to both nights. I’ve seen Jessie thrice now but never in a festival setting
I only want do to do the Sunday!

En Vogue????

Have tickets already gone on sale? Have I missed out?
Who is even in En Vogue these days? Is it like Sister Sledge with one original member but most people don’t know as long as they know the songs?

Why is Kim Petras billed so highly? I thought I’d read Girls Aloud were shoe ins. So many questions. It has put me in the mood to play Nelly Furtado though.

En Vogue is a three piece with 2 of the original 4 and Sister Sledge have 3/4 original members, the other being dead, so perhaps we can forgive her.

Why do we happily talk about girl groups as if the members are entirely interchangeable? Is it misogyny or racism?

Imagine the absolute carnage if Hoopla was a camping overnight type of festival :D

En Vogue is a three piece with 2 of the original 4 and Sister Sledge have 3/4 original members, the other being dead, so perhaps we can forgive her.
I saw Sister Sledge last year and it was just Debbie and some of her kids and their cousins. Most of the casual audience seemed oblivious as it was a multi act affair. En Vogue I’ve lost track off and was genuinely asking if your post is aimed at me.

I kinda follow En Vogue on and off and it is actually hard to keep up as they have reunited a couple of times over the years, once for a new record deal that went sour very quickly and once for some public appearances to celebrate their anniversary of something and they did a brief tour together.

The newer member always graciously steps aside whenever the original 4 are together and comes back for the majority of the time. The last 2 or so albums have been just the 3 of them, and they also made a Xmas movie as a trio.

In fact, the trio have now been together longer than the original 4, which is quite a frightening prospect. But all the performances I’ve seen of the 3 have been as flawless as they were as a 4. I’d still love to see them live.

Now where can I find a homosexual who would bin off B*Witched, Cher Lloyd and all that crap and come see Hercules & Love Affair and Maya Jane Coles with me instead?

DOES ANOTHER SUCH PERSON EXIST?

I’ve never been to a proper festival before as they really don’t appeal to me though if there was one I would go to it would be Hoopla, but I think I might be a bit old for it now, and not sure I could drag any of my friends along.

It is a fairly decent line up but apart from Agnes there isn’t anyone I’m desperate to see. I’ve seen Louise before and after her performance at the S Club gig I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to see Rachel mime through her 20 minute set.

Kim Petras can do one.

You’re not too old, the crowd is a wide range of ages, and a lot of the acts are aimed at a more mature homosexual age so it isn’t just youths running riot.

How much is a Saturday ticket, there is literally NO ONE I want to see on that list except Luann but I’m still considering it?

How much is a Saturday ticket, there is literally NO ONE I want to see on that list except Luann but I’m still considering it?
£70-£80 depending on whether you want to turn up by 2pm or not

You can buy mine if you want xx

Bought 2 trombolises for Sunday. I hope I don't regret getting the pre-1pm package as it sort of makes going out on the Saturday a bit of a liability. Cannot believe this will be my first time seeing GALA live.

Well I for one am excited about both days and will be there the whole weekend - I bought a two day ticket back in June when I felt gutted at not going this year and thinking 'BUY EVERYTHING READY FOR POST-CANCER LIFE'. :D

I wish there was just ONE OTHER act I was interested in so I could justify going! Hopefully Luann will coincide the trip with a west-end CABARET SHOW.

I am really weighing up which day to go, I cannot do two days on the trot like I used to so really need to make an informed choice! :disco:

Well I for one am excited about both days and will be there the whole weekend - I bought a two day ticket back in June when I felt gutted at not going this year and thinking 'BUY EVERYTHING READY FOR POST-CANCER LIFE'. :D
I know I didn't actually have cancer in the end but I'm currently snapping everything up. Tumours - expensive but fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom