Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky + Plastic Hearts (the new masterpiece record!)

I wouldn't call positions pop!

Miley's team have pulled off an absolute blinder of a single campaign in the UK with this track. another week or 2 top 5, collab with the #1 female popstar in the world to come imminently and then the album which will surely sell like hotcakes over December in the UK.

Quite impressive considering what a stop-start mess and sequence of bad choices her career was circa 2017-19.

Well I’ll be buying and I have NEVER purchased a Miley Cyrus record before.

:emoji_arrow_lower_right: TRACKLIST REVEAL :emoji_arrow_lower_left:

01. WTF Do I Know
02. Plastic Hearts
03. Angels Like You
04. Prisoner feat. Dua Lipa
05. Gimme What I Want
06. Night Crawling feat. Billy Idol
07. Midnight Sky
08. High
09. Hate Me
10. Bad Karma feat. Joan Jett
11. Never Be Me
12. Golden G String

:emoji_peace:

Several of these songs leaked already and are various shades of good to great, especially Angels and Night Crawling. VERY EXCITED. High is produced by Mark Ronson, along with Bad Karma (a Joan Jett feature has been added since it leaked). She says Prisoner is her favourite track on the record.

TWO WEEKS!

and... Midnight Sky spends a 9th week top 10 today.

15-19-17-10-10-11-7-8-6-5-9-7-5

Last edited:
there's also a full colour version of the artwork on her online store which is so much nicer

Billy Idol and Joan Jett... She's all in on that eighties rawk.

Looking forward to this.

Reactions: GNL
Midnight Sky sales chart run updated

2 - 4 - 5 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 6 - 3 - 3

Streaming chart run

39 - 39 - 29 - 21- 20 - 22 - 17 - 14 - 13 - 12 - 12 - 10 - 9

It's leaked but I ain't listening 'til Friday. It's going down quite well though. Lots of ballad adjacent moments apparently.

Fingers in ears until Friday

is there a listening party planned for this??

Yep!

I can’t believe how invested I am in Miley Cyrus :D

2012 me is saying WTF

2020 me is saying catch up you fool, pop stars are KILLING IT right now :disco:

I like "Midnight Sky" and "Prisoner" but nothing has wowed me so far like "Malibu" or "Slide Away" or any of the stronger stuff on Bangerz. Will of course give the album a fair shake though.

Half way through my first listen and really enjoying it all so far! It's pretty much exactly the kind of sound I want from her.

Yep, just finished my first listen and it's pretty much instant love for me. Really strong songs throughout. It's not for the bop-lovers I suppose, but if it's just really good music and vocals you're after, it's all here!

OMG. CAN'T WAIT. I'm going to be GOOD and not indulge in anything other than Prisoner (WHICH IS SO GOOD!) before Friday morning.

Prisoner still on track for a top 10 debut on Friday. her first back-to-back top 10 singles since We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball. we love a big pop girl!

I’m definitely not going to pre listen. I want to bring all my ridiculous excitement and hyperbole straight to Moopy’s doors

you have been warned

*hates every song*

I like "Midnight Sky" and "Prisoner" but nothing has wowed me so far like "Malibu" or "Slide Away" or any of the stronger stuff on Bangerz. Will of course give the album a fair shake though.

I agree with this but I'm still excited for the album (and Steps :D). I feel like this may be the album that finally combines her ART and her POP in equal measures

Yep, just finished my first listen and it's pretty much instant love for me. Really strong songs throughout. It's not for the bop-lovers I suppose, but if it's just really good music and vocals you're after, it's all here!

This properly excites me you know and I’m a Miley virgin.

This year has been great for pop music, hasn’t it?

I'm halfway through this.

not sure it's an album Moopy will be queening out over... :eyes:

we'll find out 7PM TONIGHT FOR THE ELASTIC BUTTERTARTS SYNC LISTEN
:disco:

first listen scores

07 WTF Do I Know
08 Plastic Hearts
09 Angels Like You
10 Prisoner
08 Gimme What I Want
09 Night Crawling - this is delicious :disco:
11 Midnight Sky
09 High
07 Hate Me
07 Bad Karma
07 Never Be Me
08 Golden G String

the two opening tracks being a random early/mid-00s emo pop-rock throwback vibe is not what I expected, and doesn't fit at all with what comes after. :D gets really strong in the middle, falls off a bit in the back third. High will bloom into a career highlight I reckon, and Joan Jett is a great addition to Bad Karma.

All I have to say about this album after listening to the first half is

I'm a rock chick, not a full on pop chick.

she dethroned folklore as AOTY and i'm only on track seven.

by far, my absolute favorite popstar of her generation. an updated 100s joannecritic rate is coming tonight. you fags best keep this thread CLEAN from any Younger Now shade or i will stop being adorable.

The album sounds great. She's really settled on a style that works for her hasn't she? Must be a good day to be a SMILER

Why is the cover so shit though? Could have been much more striking/iconic

Am I the only one waiting for the listening party later? Am I going to be listening ALONE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom