Miley Cyrus - SHE IS COMING [new EP]

Iguana

If I only could...
This 6-track EP is out today and it's QUITE GOOD on first listen.

It does however include a gross RuPaul track 'Cattitude' which I think is trying to be her 'Read You Wrote You' but Ru's EXPLICIT lyrics make me feel a bit ill

Yes the Ru Paul track really is a misfire

Party Up The Street and Mothers Daughter are the most instant for me on first listen

I like this, but as with most of her stuff, the rubbish choices in production (designed for people who can't sing as well as she can) hides her vocal talent. I imagine like all of her stuff, it sounds better live.

It's a good EP (the dreadful Cattitude aside) but it does sound like a Dead Petz retread, even if the songs themselves are really good. It's just a bit weird that she's going backwards.

I genuinely think if she worked with a producer like Dave Cobb, T-Bone Burnett or even a whole album with Mark Ronson, she has the potential for an album with Adele like success.

Yes the Ru Paul track really is a misfire

Party Up The Street and Mothers Daughter are the most instant for me on first listen
These are my favorites. "Party up the Street" sounds exactly like something and I can't put my finger on it. It's a MOOD

These are my favorites. "Party up the Street" sounds exactly like something and I can't put my finger on it. It's a MOOD

Like every other Swae Lee song?

I love the whole thing, I think she's done a great job. Actually looking forward to the next two EPs!

It's a good EP (the dreadful Cattitude aside) but it does sound like a Dead Petz retread, even if the songs themselves are really good. It's just a bit weird that she's going backwards.

No-one bought Dead Petz tho'. People streamed it on Soundcloud once, cursed The Flaming Lips and forgot about it. I think it was only ever "released" on some ridiculous limited edition or somesuch (?).

Dead Petz is on streaming services.

I gave it a listen the other day and it's actually not bad, if anything it's a bit bland. I think the video for the single put everyone off, it was gross.

She's such an embarrassingly UN-gifted pop star.

All the visual she keeps releasing has me thinking she REALLY wants to be like Madonna/Beyonce.

And Cattitude is trying hard to be a vogue anthem, except this bitch isn't anywhere near as inspired as Madonna and severely lacks the credentials.

She should stick to Disney and weed.

I actually really like this EP minus Cattitude (a song even Eureka O'Hara would turn down).

There's a song on one of the 2 upcoming EPs featuring both Ariana and Lana :o

Am I mad or is 'On A Roll' performing a lot better than this EP? People seem to be aware that OAR is actually OUT :D

Well, it's from a hugely popular television programme! I mean, I hardly watch any television but I watched "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too". I wonder if they'll add it to the next EP or something?

Did she chart as Hannah Montana in the UK?

She's clearly the new Jonathan King.

The collab with Lana and Ariana is soundtracking the new Charlie's Angels film, you can hear some of Ari's parts in the trailer

Her Glasto set has received extreme rave reviews - here's Wrecking Ball and Party In The USA/Old Town Road with Billy Ray, plus Mother's Daughter at Tinderbox last week

She also did On A Roll at Glasto which was :disco: to the max (and Charlie Brooker was there bopping with Konnie Huq in tow - the simulation keeps glitching)

In addition to the Ariana/Lana track (on EP 3), EP 2 contains a duet with Dua Lipa which will apparently be the single.

Last edited:
Her Glasto set was AMAZING! Back To Black with Mark Ronson and the crowd was pretty emotional too, alongside above highlights mentioned (Ashley O :disco: )

Lil Nas X appears to have come out as a homosexual following Miley’s set too, which feels very fitting :disco: (ALSO SERIOUS: quite monumental for a rapper to come out as gay at the peak of their success!)

Amazing how I don’t care for her music select tracks aside, but I’m here for her live :D

I mean there was hardly any DOUBT about Lil Nas X but it certainly is momentous and I'm happy to give Miley all the credit for it :disco:

Not so keen on the way she just talks through ‘Party In The USA’ but love her making (or at least trying to make) a MOMENT of the Britney line.

Also, not really loving the way she just SHOUTS as a way of creating a climactic moment e.g. the end of ‘Wrecking Ball’.

But yeah, I hope she properly focuses on being a pop star and doing these sorts of gigs because she has a lot of potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom