Miley Cyrus Singles Survivor (Round FOUR)

You keep making it harder to VOTE TO ELIMINATE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNL

It's pronounced Ginnél
Another four songs AXED:

The genuinely quite lovely 'Younger Now' - a song about accepting your past and embracing change, from an era which Miley disowned shortly afterwards :(

Miley's original DARING REINVENTION to shed her Disney image, which I think is perhaps a little less well remembered because it was blown out of the water by a much more DARING REINVENTION a few years later.

The very SMOOCHY 'Adore You' from Bangerz.

And Dua Lipa duet, 'Prisoner'.

As per usual, vote to elimate.

29. "I Thought I Lost You" (with John Travolta) 95.5%
28. "Ready, Set, Don't Go" (with Billy Ray Cyrus) 90.9%
27. "Real and True" (with Future featuring Mr Hudson) 86.4%
26. "Start All Over" 68.2%
25. "Breakout" 63.6%
24. "Inspired" 59.1%
23. "Don't Call Me Angel" (with Ariana Grande and Lana Del Rey) 54.5%
21. "Fly on the Wall" 50%
21. "Hoedown Throwdown" 50%
---
20. "When I Look at You" 76.5%
19. "7 Things" 58.8%
18. "Angels like You" 52.9%
17. "Who Owns My Heart" 47.1%
16. "The Climb" 41.2%
---
15. "Younger Now" 55.6%
12. "Can't Be Tamed" 50%
12. "Adore You" 50%
12. "Prisoner" (feat. Dua Lipa) 50%

oh I love Prisoner. shame. Adore You is sensational too.

We Can't Stop
Malibu
On a Roll

Party In the USA is fun sometimes but I never choose to listen to it

Slide Away and Mother's Daughter are so nothingy to me

this festival perf of Mother's Daughter really is everything. let her make top 10.

I don't think I know any of these apart from Wrecking Ball and Flowers (both fabulous) but she appears to have a personality and a bit of an edge - unlike dead-faced Friends fan and all round crashing bore with dreadful hair Taylor Swift (truly the therapised Debbie Gibson of our times, although I'm always here for Out Of The Woods and All You Had To Do Was Stay because I'm gracious like that) :) - so I might even give them a listen :disco:

She has a great personality and I think she's the current popstar who cares most about LGBTQ people

I've never seen anything about her that puts me off. The infamous Robin Thicke performance was years ago, and her part was kind of iconic, despite the horror of it all.

I've never seen anything about her that puts me off. The infamous Robin Thicke performance was years ago, and her part was kind of iconic, despite the horror of it all.

Wasn't nice, was it (:D:disco::D)

miley-cyrus-robin-thicke-vmas-650-430.jpg

She has a great personality and I think she's the current popstar who cares most about LGBTQ people
Well of course she does. Think of the $$$ :disco:

Also nobody with a great personality likes Friends. I've had acquaintances run over for less

Anyway we shall just have to agree to disagree as I'm saving my scraps for the Madonna chats :disco:

What has she said about Younger Now to disown it?

"Adore You" is fab. I also have a massive soft spot for "Can't Be Tamed". It wasn't really what the GP wanted or needed from her in 2010. But it makes more sense as the bridge between "Party in the USA" and "We Can't Stop" in retrospect.

This round I voted for:

Party in the USA - massively appreciate it for the iconic pop hit it is, but i never voluntarily play it myself
Wrecking Ball - same as above really
On a Roll - heard this once and it was cute but nothing that needs to stay over the others

I'll join the appreciation for "Mother's Daughter". It's one of her best videos and a massively underrated song. It shouldn't leave yet.

Disown was my EDITORIALISING, but she definitely distanced herself from it a little:

Yeah it must be why she binned those two EPs as well. Didn't make sense after the breakup. Wish she'd just release them as a rarities set or leak them though.

I was watching her Zane Lowe interview from the Younger Now era, and she did seem quite different from where she is now. Has she vocally disowned any of her other albums yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom