Moderation Requests

IMG_3577.jpeg

Very regularly I get dragged to this view when coming to Moopy. If I click the top of the page or refresh it usually clears it but seems to be happening a lot more frequently

Umm.........

where has all the play options gone from the spotify embeds?

Just thousands of pictures across moopy with no play buttons on them

Does it have something to do with Spotify updating their desktop platform? :eyes:

Oh and yeah...

the active user thing is related to bookmarks. You have to re-save your bookmark or it'll keep happening

But - the notifications button is still buggered. Are we not getting a fix on that at all then?

Spotify: Beyond my control

Active User: Good to know about bookmarks, as I've never been able to replicate it and googling it turned up nothing, so everyone having the issue please try that.

Notifications: no idea. I can look at it when I'm back after Eurovision

The play buttons are still on the Spotify imbeds for me? On Chrome on my macbook

Just wondering if there's been any discussion about the Spotify links... it only seems to be happening on Chrome but it's been weeks now. I've tried logging out, clearing cache, etc.

Works on Safari and Edge. Seems to be limited to Chrome.

Just wondering if there's been any discussion about the Spotify links... it only seems to be happening on Chrome but it's been weeks now. I've tried logging out, clearing cache, etc.

Works on Safari and Edge. Seems to be limited to Chrome.
Oh that resolved itself for me and there is a solution about using a different version of the link. Get the URL rather than copy link

Oh that resolved itself for me and there is a solution about using a different version of the link. Get the URL rather than copy link
That's advice for the person posting the link and doesn't change it for funky or the poster trying to view it though, isn't it?

For what it's worth, I use Chrome (on Android) and have no problem viewing any Spotify links, and always use 'copy link' when sharing - but obviously happy to change it if there is a way that we know can cause an issue for some. Not that I'm sure how to do it other than copying the link.

There is next to nothing I can do about Spotify issues. An add-on takes Spotify links and converts them into the html that shows the player, which is itself coded by Spotify themselves.

I've just checked, and we have the latest version of that addon.

My only advice is to go here:

https://open.spotify.com/

And make sure you are logged on. Then make sure your browser doesn't have any add-ons (adblocks etc.) that are interacting with Moopy or Spotify

Hiya

Could these two threads please be merged?

I think it was MY FAULT as one of them was called The Lost Tapes and then I changed it back to just the group name which caused the confusion

But there might as well be just one anyway?

This is also a request for the @Administrator @Moderator to explain why it was closed?

I know it was getting messy in there and I was hating all of it, but surely closing it, for any longer than 24 hours isn't the answer.

Reactions: COB
A new thread has now been opened for the Israel-Gaza discussion. Apologies for taking this long to resolve the issue, but a request has been made to keep the previous topic closed which we've respected, and a new topic has been opened to ensure the conversation can continue.

A new thread has now been opened for the Israel-Gaza discussion. Apologies for taking this long to resolve the issue, but a request has been made to keep the previous topic closed which we've respected, and a new topic has been opened to ensure the conversation can continue.
A request was made?

Are all requests just accepted?

This is also a request for the @Administrator @Moderator to explain why it was closed?

I know it was getting messy in there and I was hating all of it, but surely closing it, for any longer than 24 hours isn't the answer.

And just do it doesn’t seem like I was being rude to you in the other thread, I appreciate that you brought it up again and I was a bit annoyed and frustrated when the thread was not opened this morning.

Appreciated. I'm still baffled, but I don't see any explanation any time soon.

I honestly think it's a terrible shame that the previous thread is staying closed, there was a lot of useful information in there that will just slide further and further down the list forever now.

Since it was apparently the fight between myself and Voodoo that seems to have led to the closure, I'd like to apologise to everyone else who was using the thread for my part in this happening.

The issue is of course if a poster discusses something with mods privately, we are limited to how much we can say publicly.

The thread was originally locked for obvious reasons. Mods then discussed next steps, and at the point we had reached consensus, we were approached with something we thought best to discuss and again reach consensus on.

For such a sensitive topic, we preferred to err on the side of caution, and that meant taking a bit of time too. The previous thread has not been deleted and can still be read.

This seemed like the best compromise of the various issues, opinions, and sensitivies that had to be considered

I honestly think it's a terrible shame that the previous thread is staying closed, there was a lot of useful information in there that will just slide further and further down the list forever now.

Since it was apparently the fight between myself and Voodoo that seems to have led to the closure, I'd like to apologise to everyone else who was using the thread for my part in this happening.
Appreciate that too. I found the whole thing quite unpleasant. I didn't agree with most of what VooDoo was posting about, but it was horrible viewing.

And yes, I know some of Moopy don't care, but I think there is an argument for preserving big subjects within one topic. We have a two decade old forum with so much to look back on and peruse how we've changed. The same applies to news topics. They're a fascinating record of how events unfolded and there's a lot of useful information in that topic.

Appreciate that too. I found the whole thing quite unpleasant. I didn't agree with most of what VooDoo was posting about, but it was horrible viewing.

And yes, I know some of Moopy don't care, but I think there is an argument for preserving big subjects within one topic. We have a two decade old forum with so much to look back on and peruse how we've changed. The same applies to news topics. They're a fascinating record of how events unfolded and there's a lot of useful information in that topic.

By no means do I disagree with you. I like the rich history of Moopy and the flow of some of the massive threads we have had in the past.

I did think it was important to draw a very clear line in the sand though, which post #154 (whatever) on the other thread may not have done adequately. At the very least, maybe we just link to the old thread in the first post of the new thread?

Why on earth is the thread staying closed? So one person gets to choose these things because they don't like it? What about the rest of us?

I don't like the Eurovision: Norway thread, could you close it please?

I don't actually know if there is a Eurovision Norway thread, but close it anyway please.

Is it? Because we don't appear to have been told anything.

Nothing? You've been told nothing at all? OK.

The thread was temporarily closed because we'd received complaints about user conduct.

Whilst looking into it, we had a request to start a new one instead of opening the old one again.

We thought it was a reasonable idea to draw a line under the sand.

A new thread was started.

None of this is new information! And there's nothing more to it.

Honestly, I don't really care either way. If the majority think we should just reopen the old thread, that's what we can do.

I've not seen anyone ask for it to remain closed or support it. I doubt the majority are interested.

Part of my concern was that with the wording of the new topic being quite forceful about what would and would not be tolerated, that there had been an accusation of some of that behaviour in the now-closed topic. I could be wrong and it was just an attempt to cover all bases, but given that there's a history in recent media and political discourse of accusations being made in bad faith (for example supporters of Palestinian liberation being smeared as antisemitic for criticising Israel, something that literally happened to me in the now-closed thread) I'd hate to think there was any attempt to try to shut down or chill discussion along those lines.

And yes that debate wasn't Moopy at it's best, but if we know anything about these sort of topics, the posting will continue and the unpleasantness soon forgotten.

Can't we just merge the new one and old one together?

Part of my concern was that with the wording of the new topic being quite forceful about what would and would not be tolerated, that there had been an accusation of some of that behaviour in the now-closed topic. I could be wrong and it was just an attempt to cover all bases, but given that there's a history in recent media and political discourse of accusations being made in bad faith (for example supporters of Palestinian liberation being smeared as antisemitic for criticising Israel, something that literally happened to me in the now-closed thread) I'd hate to think there was any attempt to try to shut down or chill discussion along those lines.
The first post in the new thread was actually going to be used in the original thread when it reopened.

It wasn’t meant to accuse or comment on any content in the thread itself; it being such a contentious subject it felt necessary to create a set of guidelines moving forwards and to remind the forum of our community guidelines. We absolutely encourage people to post and voice their opinions on the topic but we need to underscore that there’s no place for fake news or the justification of the deaths of innocent people in there. The point about Islamophobia and antisemitism was just a reminder that we will always take action against them, not that any had occurred.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom