6 - Black Eyes, Blue Tears
7 - I Won’t Leave You Lonely
8 - I’m Holding On To Love
9 - Come On Over
7 - You’ve Got A Way
8 - Whatever You Do! Don’t!
11 - Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
7 - Love Gets Me Every time
10 - Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
10 - That Don't Impress Me Much
9 - Honey I'm Home

How do y'all think Up! compares to Come On Over?
A good album with some great highs, none of which touch the highs on Come On Over. In general it's just too lightweight and silly compared to this album. The creative partnership with her husband was not rolling at FULL STEAM but there are still BOPS APLENTY

A good album with some great highs, none of which touch the highs on Come On Over. In general it's just too lightweight and silly compared to this album. The creative partnership with her husband was not rolling at FULL STEAM but there are still BOPS APLENTY

Interessant! I love both but I was a little late to the party with Come On Over whereas I really LIVED Up! and I love it just as much if not a little more!

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
10 - From This Moment On
9 - Come On Over
7 - You’ve Got A Way
9 - Honey I'm Home
6 - If You Wanna Touch Her, Ask!

I remember during the Up! era she said something like she felt she was a bit out of ideas now and didn't know if she'd do a follow up for a very long time if ever. I thought she was JOKING

8 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
9 - From This Moment On
9 - Black Eyes, Blue Tears
8 - I Won’t Leave You Lonely
9 - I’m Holding On To Love
8 - Come On Over
7 - You’ve Got A Way
9 - Whatever You Do! Don’t!
9 - Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
9 - Love Gets Me Every time
11 - That Don't Impress Me Much
9 - Honey I'm Home
6 - Rock This Country!

The production across the album is utterly PRISTINE and her vocals are simply glorious and a total delight to listen to across sixteen songs. She's in command at all times. I really believe she was a world-class vocalist then and doesn't get a tenth of the credit she deserves.

I remember having a few arguments with my dad as a kid when he insisted that Shania Twain was NOT country and had SOLD OUT, whereas I believed and still maintain that Come On Over is most definitely a country album and just happened to be appealing to a pop audience as well because it's wall to wall GREAT SONGS.

I prefer the track order of the UK tracklist (and the artwork) but the original instrumentation on the '97 edition album, so I always listen to that version. In many ways I think it might be the album that got me into MUSIC, as it was well and truly hammered in our house at the turn of the century. It's a very special record in my heart.

08 You’re Still the One
08 When
08 From This Moment On
09 Black Eyes, Blue Tears
09 I Won’t Leave You Lonely
09 I’m Holding On To Love
08 Come On Over
07 You’ve Got A Way
09 Whatever You Do! Don’t!
10 Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
10 Love Gets Me Every time
10 Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
11 That Don't Impress Me Much
07 Honey I'm Home
08 If You Wanna Touch Her, Ask!
08 Rock This Country!

average: a not-at-all loony 8.69 :disco:

The production across the album is utterly PRISTINE and her vocals are simply glorious and a total delight to listen to across sixteen songs. She's in command at all times. I really believe she was a world-class vocalist then and doesn't get a tenth of the credit she deserves.

I remember having a few arguments with my dad as a kid when he insisted that Shania Twain was NOT country and had SOLD OUT, whereas I believed and still maintain that Come On Over is most definitely a country album and just happened to be appealing to a pop audience as well because it's wall to wall GREAT SONGS.

I prefer the track order of the UK tracklist (and the artwork) but the original instrumentation on the '97 edition album, so I always listen to that version. In many ways I think it might be the album that got me into MUSIC, as it was well and truly hammered in our house at the turn of the century. It's a very special record in my heart.

08 You’re Still the One
08 When
08 From This Moment On
09 Black Eyes, Blue Tears
09 I Won’t Leave You Lonely
09 I’m Holding On To Love
08 Come On Over
07 You’ve Got A Way
09 Whatever You Do! Don’t!
10 Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
10 Love Gets Me Every time
10 Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
11 That Don't Impress Me Much
07 Honey I'm Home
08 If You Wanna Touch Her, Ask!
08 Rock This Country!

average: a not-at-all loony 8.69 :disco:

:disco: :disco:

I am an unashamed Country music fan girl and rate this as one of the most consistently strong albums EVER. Like when people go on about the Beatles and Elvis and all that stuff I genuinely think stuff like this is in the same lane. It’s more than a classic.

10 - You’re Still the One
09 - When
10 - From This Moment On
09 - Black Eyes, Blue Tears
7.5 - I Won’t Leave You Lonely
8.5 - I’m Holding On To Love
09 - Come On Over
08 - You’ve Got A Way
09 - Whatever You Do! Don’t!
10 - Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
08 - Love Gets Me Every time
10 - Honey I'm Home
08 - If You Wanna Touch Her, Asssssssssssk!

08 - Rock This Country

YES. Yes to all of that.

I may have missed (more than) half but this was a great sync listen. Now I'm down the Up! rabbit hole :D

Right I'm listening to this tomorrow and I might take Dame Jark's advice and do the country version/tracklisting. That's the vinyl we have and it's always seemed completely bizarre to me. Lead single track 13, WUT?

Right I'm listening to this tomorrow and I might take Dame Jark's advice and do the country version/tracklisting. That's the vinyl we have and it's always seemed completely bizarre to me. Lead single track 13, WUT?

Oh. Sounds like I'll be hearing them tomorrow anyway

@SDF I'm waiting on your final rate :evil:

OH SORRY I was sure I hit reply, I really shouldn't have had those shots at the bar

ANYWAY thanks for coming to my party guys, what we lacked in people we sure as hell made up for in good music.

Despite being 16 songs, there isn't anything that's unlistenable on here. It really is quite a tight affair. And she not only sounds great on this record, but she genuinely sounds like she is having the time of her life recording it. It's just a joy to revisit.

9 - You’re Still the One
7 - When
10 - From This Moment On
9 - Come On Over
7 - You’ve Got A Way
9 - Honey I'm Home
9 - Rock This Country

:disco:

I love you @Jark

I might listen to the 97 version tomorrow, and I'll report back x

Listening now.

Party for one again? :eyes:

I listened to the "international" (proper) version this morning and I'm going to stick my vinyl (shit version) on later. I thought playing them one after the other might be a bit overkill. :eyes:

I didn't notice a difference with Man! I Feel Like A Woman

I thought I'm Holding' On To Love was better but Don't Be Stupid loses a bit of oomph

I can't bring myself to listen to the blue version after one traumatic dip into many moons ago :D

I still occasionally go back and listen to Ka-ching! and marvel that there was ever an environment in which it was a hit.

Don't get me wrong, I adore it, but Jesus Christ :D

From This Moment is really not as good as a duet, is it?

I'm loving this album in both versions though

When and Whatever You Do! Don't! are really coming through for me this morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom