10 Toy Soldier
08 Hot as Ice
09 Ooh Ooh Baby
09 Perfect Lover
06 Why Should I Be Sad

04 Outta This World
08 Everybody
09 Get Back

The scores for Outta This World in this thread are completely disgusting. Get taste. Moopy said: if it doesn’t have its fist deep up my bum I don’t want it.

Last edited:
so much to unpack after listening to this album on repeat 3 TIMES in a row thanks to yesterday's event, cause yes, it was an event.

I did stream a supposed Deluxe Edition found in Spotify with a horrible alternate cover tho and some remixes tacked on in the end along with Get back & Everybody but no Outta This World.

- this album will always NOT BE uninteresting just for the fact is supposedly made up of random demos Britney managed to record while going through one of her worst downwards spiral yet turns out to be one of her finest when it comes to production and delivery. Were these songs made up from demo vocals? Demo vocals as in she didn't bother to re-record them properly? If so, kudos to Danja and Bloodhsy & Avant, his work really shines through and through.
- even though there more producers added to the mix, it's one of her most cohesive sounding albums. The Neptunes can fuck off giving her what may be the worst track found here.
- I am AGOG they had enough material to gather up bonus tracks :disco: Get Back deserved to be an album track but honestly, it just sounds like a Break The Ice rewrite and perhaps that's why it was lef out?
- I would have bumped Radar bit further down the tracklist (to maybe Track9) and it would have exterminated the whole human gay race in 2007 with those first 8 tracks.
-This really showed why Danja and Jim Beanz were at the top of their game :disco: First the 1-2 punch of Loose & FutureSex/LoveSounds and then this. My syncopated rhythm loving heart could only take SO MUCH. No wonder everybody wanted to collaborate with them, even Bjork called them up and then Madge invited Danja to collaborate in Hard Candy ((and what a ROLLERCOASTER of emotions that album is, and I don't mean it in a good way!). Mariah just settled for one track with him but what a track :disco:

If memory serves me correct, I believe much of the album was recorded right before the downward spiral. She just had her second baby and Danja always talks about how professional she was and how quick everything came together.

On a Blackout-related note, album cover photographer Ellen Von Unwerth just posted this on Instagram :disco:

EWJfMGtWoAAGnok

why has nothing she's ever done since come close to this album?

THIS BOTHERS ME SO MUCH.

also, this thread prompted me to stream both Timbaland collaboration albums released yonks ago which I even owned in physical format. I forgot how good they were and how versatile he was when it came to blending his signature sound with hip hop, r&b, pop and rock.
Can you imagine a complete album with either Jojo or Miley? No wonder I started to bald in 2007 thanks to this motherfucker :disco:

There's plenty to love on Circus and Femme Fatale, I think (particularly the former). The direction on those is certainly more pure-pop oriented, but I think Blackout is a lightning in the bottle kind of moment. I also think there was such a concerted effort to make her "normal" and "safe" again post-breakdown that anything other than damage control Max Martin/Dr. Luke pop was off the table and her team wasn't going to let it happen.

Last edited:
Is there a Britney Instagram thread? I don’t know.

Anyway the latest post of her sultry dancing to Justify My Love is literally the darkest thing I’ve ever seen.

12 Gimme More
11 Piece of Me
07 Radar
10 Break the Ice
13 Heaven on Earth
08 Get Naked (I Got a Plan)
08 Freakshow
10 Toy Soldier
08 Hot as Ice
06 Ooh Ooh Baby
05 Perfect Lover
06 Why Should I Be Sad

10 Outta This World
08 Everybody
08 Get Back

Only Holly V gets close to how utterly utterly this album is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom