Moopyvision Karaoke Contest 2020

I have the finished video so early because I want to upload it this afternoon and let it sit for a little while, just in case YT decides anything else in it is a copyright violation and tries to mug me off :ghost:

Guess what? There is still a copyright violation :basil: I know what it is though, so it's getting sorted. A warning to one of the entrants who submitted audio-only - your video will be slightly obscured, but I don't think it'll detract from the performance!

Guess what? There is still a copyright violation :basil: I know what it is though, so it's getting sorted. A warning to one of the entrants who submitted audio-only - your video will be slightly obscured, but I don't think it'll detract from the performance!

Are you pitching them up an octave? :o

Thankfully it's the video and not the audio, so I'm throwing all sorts of effects onto it to try and stop it triggering the system. No luck so far, but I'll keep trying!

How did you decide running order COB? I'm sure you've already told us - random or for an 'interesting' experience? :D

I made a copyright-friendly version of the entry that was causing trouble, rendered the whole show video again and uploaded it... now suddenly one of the other entries (that was FINE before) is being blocked :goodgrief:

If I had hair I'd be tearing it out!

I'll make it once I have the full show uploaded and scheduled, which WILL happen tonight if it fucking kills me :kim:

I will also be exclusively revealing WHICH countries each performer will be covering their songs from, to drive people mad speculating :disco:

Uploading stuff to youtube is such a nightmare, you never know what they're gonna block, sometimes a whole song is ok, but you're not allowed to use THREE SECONDS of another one.

I don't understand this at all. I uploaded the exact specific part that it's saying is blocked earlier and it is fine, but when it's part of the whole thing it doesn't let me use it :(

I've contacted the entrant, I'm hoping we can come up with an alternative bit of footage or an image to put in there or something. It's frustrating because I really want this to be a SPECTACULAR, though obviously I understand that they have to respect copyright claims and all.

Is it still the video? That's what I can't understand, because usually just altering it a little bit it's fine. Did you try to make the images of that part of the video smaller, like 50% of the screen? That's a trick lots of people use to upload stuff.

I don't understand this at all. I uploaded the exact specific part that it's saying is blocked earlier and it is fine, but when it's part of the whole thing it doesn't let me use it :(

What if you stuck the one that's problematic out on its own and create a playlist with that a one video, and the rest of the show without it? Or is that too disruptive to what you've made?

Uploading stuff to youtube is such a nightmare, you never know what they're gonna block, sometimes a whole song is ok, but you're not allowed to use THREE SECONDS of another one.

Trust - I do reaction videos on YouTube and it is a NIGHTMARE. It's so unpredictable from show to show as well.

Sorry it's been such a pain COB - I'm sure it will all be worth it! Appreciate the amount of work you';ve put in :)

Omg well done @COB

looking forward to hearing all your wonderful voices xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom