MUNA - Anything But Me + self-titled album

I have just PRE-SAVED

What a terrible experience that is

Wonderful. I was just thinking the other day that it had gone very quiet since Silk Chiffon.

self-titled album out June 24th - cover is the Spotify art above
  1. Silk Chiffon - 3:26
  2. What I Want - 4:03
  3. Runner's High - 3:43
  4. Home By Now - 4:28
  5. Kind Of Girl - 4:06
  6. Handle Me - 3:39
  7. No Idea - 2:54
  8. Solid - 2:21
  9. Anything But Me - 3:33
  10. Loose Garment - 3:10
  11. Shooting Star - 3:52

On first listen I really like. It does feel more of a standard Muna song than Silk Chiffon though.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/muna-silk-chiffon-new-album-interview-1320917/

No Idea sounds like quite something.

Eventually, with the help of a few select reference points (LCD Soundsystem’s “Oh Baby,” Charlotte Gainesbourg’s “Deadly Valentine”) and a new, arpeggiated synth riff, Muna arrived at a finished product for “No Idea,” which sounds like a cross between vintage Daft Punk and the Backstreet Boys circa “Larger Than Life,” with a dash of the Ghostbusters theme song — and not quite like anything Muna have released before.

I see that they are releasing on CD this time too, nice to have the choice of physical formats.

Love this new one! Katie's VOICE :love::love::love:

You're gonna say that I'm on a high horse
I think that my horse is regular-sized
Did you ever think, maybe, you're on a pony
Going in circles on a carousel ride?

A LYRIC.

• Love
Reactions: dUb

So cutting :disco:

I love this now as well.

I really love this now. it's squarely in MUNA's wheelhouse but it's just a great example of what they do so well. the mid-late 90s sonic references in their work feel so organic. today is a perfect sunny day and this is a perfect sunny day midtempo banger.

Anything But Me is BRILLIANT! I just cannot with them. truly the greatest band in the world right now. where is the love?

@AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA @jivafox @Gangsta Nancy Lam @RJN @Tisch @Iguana @funky please commence stanning.
Yes it's brilliant. I expect nothing less from them! I hope they can continue this trajectory forever.

I like that depsite loving everything they do, I still don't actually know them THAT well, so there's still plenty to discover and fall in love with.

“Dig deeper on MUNA and you’ll find songs like the immaculate, EDM-leaning “What I Want” (a track Naomi calls “full cunt”) about dancing while fucked up in the middle of a gay bar, placed mere tracks away from songs like “Home By Now”, with “Winterbreak” levels of longing, albeit with more sonic levity. It’s so shimmering, emotive and excellent that Robyn should re-release Body Talk and add it to the tracklist.”

Meanwhile, Mitski lent her writing hand to “No Idea”. If you ever wanted to know how Mitski’s words would sound on a horny track about gay girl sexual signals that also sounds a bit like a Backstreet Boys song, now’s your chance.

❗❗❗

it sounds like the excellence and joy and will inevitably be. CAN'T WAIT.

Winterbreak is still probably top 2 Muna so that reference makes me very happy

How the FUCK did I miss "Anything But Me"?! :o

It sounds like Shura crossed with Haim. I'm IN LOVE!

new one Kind of Girl out today

much more country than anything they've done before. it's fucking great. they just don't miss...

one-shot video with drag

Yes this is great as usual. The additional country jangle sounds good on them.

I'm pretty confident based on the singles so far this will be a bigger and better album all round than Saves the World. I hope we get the teased club banger as the next single...

Better than the magnificent Saves the World? I would like to see it

NEW SONG

This is the MUNA that many people know and love

hmmm. same mould as Anything But Me (and very About U era) but less great... I'm not totally sold yet. feels like it lacks a proper hook despite the banger production.

Sure, but I meant the first album sound, as you mention.

ah! I'll always be here for their sparkly electro bangers. SHOULD WE DO A TOP 10 MUNA?

01 Around U
02 Loudspeaker
03 Winterbreak
04 It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby
05 Everything
06 Anything But Me
07 Stayaway
08 Navy Blue
09 I Know a Place
10 Silk Chiffon

Mine is something like:

01 Taken
02 Stayaway
03 Bodies
04 Anything But Me
05 Never
06 Who
07 Motivation
08 Pink Light
09 I Know A Place
10 Number One Fan

Must listen to that first album :D
have you not at all? I thought you did but just didn't enjoy. you really must. it's a melodramatic masterpiece!

second was very chill in comparison.

Reactions: LTZ
I loved the first but never did get into the second , despite trying hard in the beginning

• Sad
Reactions: dUb
Home By Now definitely feels very reminiscent of the first album. I do like it though I feel Katie's vocal is a bit gentle for the production maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom