Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten

Daily moisture renewal

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Also getting a big chart comeback at the moment thanks to an appearance in a current hit movie (Anyone But You)

In my head I know it was only released a couple of years after Murder on the Dancefloor, but somehow the realisation that this is also almost TWENTY YEARS OLD shocked me much more. I guess because I was already in University when this first became a hit.

I'm always excited to see this song until I remember who sings it. I don't know what it is about her...

I think I’ve heard this song at least once a week since it came out

I do personally prefer Pocketful of Sunshine, but this is clearly her signature hit.

Funny how her actual UK #1 These Words feels so much more forgotten comparatively.

I was so obsessed with this performance at the time. VOX.

Funny how her actual UK #1 These Words feels so much more forgotten comparatively.

A much better song though. I find this one is a bit DRAB.

Happy for her having a bit of success though. I saw her play at a pride event last year and she seemed delightfully unhinged.

Nice but a bit bland. I wouldn’t skip it if it came on but I wouldn’t actively seek it out.
Also much prefer “These Words”.

Reminds me too much of The Hills to separate it as a real song.

The video with the little book is the better one though!

Good pop song imo. It’s woefully cheesy but I can’t deny it’s good pop!

What's the story?

She was always just my most hated popstar. I say that with 2024 eyes and that I was perhaps a BIT MEAN considering I know FUCK ALL about her personally, but her music is absolute DRECK. I can't stand anything she's ever done- maybe apart from the first single, which was bland rather than appalling. The only other person I can think of is that it was like early Katy Perry- I just could not understand how it was so successful when it was all so FUCKING BAD.

It's funny you say that.

In many ways UNWRITTEN may have given birth to FIREWORK.

Can you imagine a Natasha Bedingfield and Katy Perry duet.

The collision of those ANGULAR voices! :disco:

What happened to her TEDDY BEAR brother?
Would you like to hold hands with him on the beach (naked)?

(if you know you know)

oh dear, those endless essays about Daniel Bedingfield filled with sexual innuendos bring back so many memories.

EDIT: though those were nothing compared to the vomit inducing fan fic about SHANE'S HAIRY CHEST

Iconic obviously but not a big fan of her first album singles.
I listened to them all today (don't ask) and I agree basically. Single has aged horribly. These Words is twee. Unwritten has undeniable hooks and the best vocal.

she definitely upper her game big time with Pocketful of Sunshine though. easily her best song, it's weird that her career fully died like one year after that smashed.

I listened to them all today (don't ask) and I agree basically. Single has aged horribly. These Words is twee. Unwritten has undeniable hooks and the best vocal.

she definitely upper her game big time with Pocketful of Sunshine though. easily her best song, it's weird that her career fully died like one year after that smashed.
She seemed to just have a bit of an identity crisis. Pocketful was an obvious hit, but between that, Love Like This, and Soulmate, those could have been three different artists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom