Neon Nights 20

Well I’d still like news of the UK ‘Girl’ vinyl but 20th anniversary editions of Neon Nights are up for preorder. Picture disc vinyl, 7cd boxset, cd/dvd, unreleased mixes, couple of new tracks, T-shirts, cassettes, signatures! A Dannii jamboree.

Last edited:
My bank account right now:

images

I still regret buying the pink and blue vinyls of the last reissue, but feel drawn to the CD box, despite the fact it will get the same zero play.

Went for the Picture Disc and CD/DVD package.

Attractive as the 7-disc looks, I really don't need 35 remixes of Put The Needle On It.

I ordered the vinyl and the 7cd boxset. I have the DVD she put out years ago with all her videos and commentary on it so don’t need that. Considering a tee shirt.

The vinyl and CD/DVD both have the mash up versions of I Begin to Wonder and Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling. The previous NN reissue had some substitutions as well.

Very strange decision to leave off the original version of her biggest hit single

I didn't notice that. I would hope it's a typo. The sequencing on the original Neon Nights is second to none. Crowbarring in those remixes, fab as they are, would really ruin that.

There’s an Initial Talk remix of Don’t Wanna Lose This Feeling out today, sounds very 2001 garagey.

Last edited:
If you’re willing to part with the vinyl I would happily buy it off you!
I could well be convinced. Let me just check it's in decent condition (it should be), and I'll let you know.

The Initial Talk remix is a different take on the track. I quite like it, though the radio mix that follows has noticeably more pop.

Anyone for the Blame it on the Music AMYL MIX? :D

What a self-aware title!

Waiting for my boxset to arrive but enjoying this radio edit of For The Record in the meantime. I guess it may have been considered as a single at some point.

The Queen spent hours and hours signing stuff for the gays of Melbourne today, we were 75th in line and it took us ages to get to her because she makes sure to give a piece of time :eyes: to every fan, apparently she was still there WELL after we had gotten home, signing away.

I tried to convince her to do a CD singles box set for Girl and she said it would be "interesting", and she at least said that "something extra" is coming with the UK Girl reissue later this year so that's nice

My Danielle Jane delivery arrived yesterday there were 2 of the black T-shirts. I was about to send en email to say they’d sent me an extra one by mistake until I saw the contents list and remembered I had ordered a spare one to keep for when I wear out the first one.

The picture disc vinyl looks great, and the singles box set is so comprehensive.

The Queen spent hours and hours signing stuff for the gays of Melbourne today, we were 75th in line and it took us ages to get to her because she makes sure to give a piece of time :eyes: to every fan, apparently she was still there WELL after we had gotten home, signing away.

I tried to convince her to do a CD singles box set for Girl and she said it would be "interesting", and she at least said that "something extra" is coming with the UK Girl reissue later this year so that's nice
Good stuff. Glad to hear ‘Girl’ is still happening. Hopefully she managed to flog a fair amount of merch at the in store.

Good stuff. Glad to hear ‘Girl’ is still happening. Hopefully she managed to flog a fair amount of merch at the in store.

The amount of people there, especially since quite a few would've bought multiple formats, had me genuinely wondering if she might be able to beat the album's original #25 chart peak in Australia (if Kylie could get Impossible Princess into the top 3 based only on a vinyl reissue, it does seem possible...)

Knowing Dannii's luck with charts, Carol will forget to report the sales to ARIA and she'll have to wait for Neon Nights 30 to get another shot

I'm just glad to hear GIRL is still happening here. I thought it had been forgotten but thank fuck for THAT!

Probably not as streaming will be nil, she probably won’t do much major mainstream promo for it and it’ll be pretty much all pre-order sales.

But I’m sure they’ll be happy with this result. For what it is it’s probably a decent success.

#27 now. Still, it had done about 2.3k on the first update, so hopefully around #50 or so should be a very achievable target.

Not bad for a 20 year old album on its 4th issue (there’s been a deluxe cd in the past and then a 15th year vinyl reissue).

it does indicate if she can still chart with a 20 year old album on another re-release then there is room for her and a properly put together and promoted new album should she ever be inclined in the current market. Not sure she’s that interested or how profitable that would be.

Well yeah, the latest single is on over 160k on Spotify now in what, three weeks? As a somewhat similar comparison, Louise’s lead is on 260k after about four months (and the second single just over 100k after about six weeks).

Neither are making any money streaming wise, but I’d certainly imagine from the physicals of a new album and a few concert dates she could at least break even if she wanted to do it.

In the overall chart? :o or just the Aussie artist chart?

The original only made #17 there.

Oh I’ve just checked, shes #17 overall. So I don’t actually know what the original peak was but I’m guessing lower and Dannii gays have already updated Wiki :D

But yeah there’s an Aussie only chart for their own acts which I assume she may be #3 on.

Neon Nights re-charts at #55. #13 on album sales.

Full chart run

8-20-26-37-48-67-76-84-87-46-76 (2003)
89 (2018 reissue)
55 (2023 reissue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom