NEW Kim Wilde thread: Pop Don't Stop greatest hits tour, vinyl, DVD etc.

Oh but you must! The box set is essential and a Cherry Records masterpiece.
There's even a Q&A with Kim Wilde in the booklet.

Most of which wasn’t replicated in the vinyl.

But I would never play it…

I've thrown the Pop Don't Stop vinyl on this morning after this thread and I know it's been said before, but fuck me, LOVE IS HOLY really is TRANSCENDENT.

I've thrown the Pop Don't Stop vinyl on this morning after this thread and I know it's been said before, but fuck me, LOVE IS HOLY really is TRANSCENDENT.
I often (as in, every time I play Love Is Holy) wonder Belinda made of it all :eyes:

Love Blonde is great- it just didn’t fit with anything else on Catch and so often gets dismissed, I feel.

That's sad. They met working on "Tommy" in 95/96, so they must have been married for 25 years or so.

Ricky Wilde reliving his popstar youth in a duo with Nina. Includes a Dollar cover as well as Lovers on a Beach by Dame Kim:

It is a decent cover, though Nina can't help but sound a bit of a blank slate by comparison to Kim's more emotive performance.

Kim features on backing vocals on this:

I wonder if we'll get new material from Kim this year. The mooted unreleased album doesn't seem to have come to anything.

Holiday Sidewinder supported Sophie when I saw her last year, and I rather enjoyed her, so I was intrigued when I saw Kim had a feature on her new single. But they really are only backing vocals, and not particularly prominent ones at that. Song is pretty average, as well.

Kim features on backing vocals on this:

I wonder if we'll get new material from Kim this year. The mooted unreleased album doesn't seem to have come to anything.

If only. She’s still touring this year, but no UK dates that I’ve spotted, though she’s bound to do the usual festival circuit I’d have thought.

Holiday Sidewinder supported Sophie when I saw her last year, and I rather enjoyed her, so I was intrigued when I saw Kim had a feature on her new single. But they really are only backing vocals, and not particularly prominent ones at that. Song is pretty average, as well.

I think she has toured with Sophie quite a bit.

I was also a little disappointed at Kim's vocal being rather buried but Cliffhanger has grown on me quite a bit.

Her first album is great, and that sound probably suited her vocally a bit more than the new material. She does a good Kokomo too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom