New Music Fridays 2024

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Normal service has not fully resumed this week but I do like these two songs very much:

Bit of a stormer.

TATYANA's last album was with Joseph Mount and had some great moments too.

I have nothing to report this week. The new Ryan Adams album (his seventh I think in 3 years!) sounds very good, very Springsteen-esque, on first listen, and I'm liking these Noel Gallagher demos, but apart from said dad rock, there isn't much happening.

Next week will be hopefully be big.

And I'm really touched by the new MGMT video which elevates the song. Looking forward to their new album in February.

The last MGMT album had some very good songs but I haven’t got into the new material in the same way yet.

Yeah, I wish they would use more synths again - however first single "mother nature" wears its Oasis inspiration quite well

There seem to be lots of female dancepop features this week but the Hi-NRG synths on this appeal, and it is very relatable:

These lyrics... a fun powerpoppy thing:

An excellent METTE collaboration with a bit of a groove going on and delightful disco handclaps:

does anyone have a personal 2024 / new music playlist?

mine is slim so far, I hope jan heats up soon

New Rachel Chinouriri from her upcoming debut album:

The Hills from last year was a massive grower but this is her most instant big pop song yet I think. All I Ever Asked is still her most gorgeous moment though, I know it is old but would have liked that on the album.

Some smooth hot yacht from the wonderfully named Fabiana Palladino:

I always really like at least one song from Nadine Shah's albums and here we are:

Say you'll stay for a little while and I'll... lift my skirt up

From the new TR/ST EP, which also features a cover of Being Boring with Jake Shears - but I prefer this:

I’ve loved the last 2 Fabiano tracks and I’ve got it on my list to explore more of her stuff. She has the sort of tone I love.

Big new pop collab and I like how this has some Taylor Swift / Haim vibes

Been keeping an eye on this one, havent loved everything but this one has that moody, wintery vibe I want right now. My favourite so far probably

A good week this week! I love it when Sinead takes a break from the pop collabs and releases her understated pop so you can really hear that beautiful voice shine through. She’s so underrated.

Tame Impala certainly in demand at the moment. This goes hard

Another pop collab that leans on a nostalgic Americana sound

I’m really into this mellow alt-pop sound that’s in right now

And not queen of blues rock Miss Brittany Howard giving us a HOUSE track! How can this possibly work? Because it’s Miss Brittany Howard that’s how :disco:

The Justice/Tame Impala is very good. Etta Marcus has a bit of Fade Into You about it - I've liked the previous singles too and there is a mini album out this week I am going to investigate.

The Justice/Tame Impala is very good. Etta Marcus has a bit of Fade Into You about it - I've liked the previous singles too and there is a mini album out this week I am going to investigate.

Thank you I couldn’t put my finger on what the Etta track reminded me of!

Bit of a slower release week but at least Spotify have fixed the issue with track one of playlists being messed up.

Love this synthy Eurodisco remix by Fred Falke:

I keep coming back to this, stunning voice and production:

Nice chilled eighties influenced bop:

I keep coming back to this, stunning voice and production:

Oh @FetchFugly I’m obsessed with this guy, I only recently discovered him but what a discovery. Have you heard this, it’s quite extraordinary… the lyrics, the voice, quite singular. Although there are references to early Antony & The Johnsons

Oh @FetchFugly I’m obsessed with this guy, I only recently discovered him but what a discovery. Have you heard this, it’s quite extraordinary… the lyrics, the voice, quite singular. Although there are references to early Antony & The Johnsons

Yes I saw the album cover and title on Rough Trade and looked up the title track but then went back to Hollywood. There's a big retro soul influence in the production but the voice is quite something andlyrically he is so unique. Very interested to see what the album holds.

Lots of good songs this week. girl in red is back with the lead of her second album and it feels a little more smoothed out and produced but I like:

This goes off, as they say:

A bit of a groove and some deliciously barely there vocals:

Funeral attire on a date night. Big sounding indie electropop chorus on the new Phoebe Green:

Shygirl has a while EP out. I need to go back to it but the SG Lewis track was the only one that really stood out

it's not bad, much like the last album. but her voice is sounding terribly thin and a bit nothingy on both. her vocal was better produced on About Work the Dancefloor etc.

Atmospheric synthiness from Say Lou Lou. They have an EP coming in April, though judging by the length of the last album this may just mean another song:

First single from Alfie Templeman's new album. He says he was listening to Prince and Talking Heads, this seems apparent:

Love this, especially the falsetto response bits then... You're my all night safari :D

I don't really know who this is but it is a bit of a tune:

I wasn't familiar with Cosmo's Midnight before but I saw that on my radar because of Franc. I'm following them now :disco:

I wasn't familiar with Cosmo's Midnight before but I saw that on my radar because of Franc. I'm following them now :disco:

I think I became aware due to the Tove Styrke collab. Borrowed Time from last year is very good too.

Loving the balearic vibes on this, I'll have to put it in my pocket for the summer :disco:

The new one from Rebecca & Fiona is a TUNE:

Kiesza is still going and her new song is rather good too:

Glorious vocal on this one from the Daptone stable:

I'm a bit behind, has this been covered? It's nice, very Goldfrapp, but feels more like a teaser song than a full comeback song...

The Bat For Lashes song is nice but the description of the new album isn't exciting me too much... lots of improvisation and rather less vocals by the sounds of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom