No More Nails Friday

octophone

Prole Art Threat
Morning! Short day for me today and, therefore, can't be bovved.

Decided to spend the day in Bath. Pretty drenched before getting on the train.

It was absolutely hammering down here last night but it's dry now, even a bit sunny.

I've just had the weirdest phone call from one of my close friends. His wife, also a close friend, had a fall and hit her head on Tuesday.

She's lost the last 2 years of her memory. Literally cannot remember a thing, can't remember her cat dying, his mum dying, the book she's reading, even the new cat they've got that she adores.

She can't understand why food prices are so expensive, why different shops have closed in our town.

I cannot even imagine how that must feel.

I've just had the weirdest phone call from one of my close friends. His wife, also a close friend, had a fall and hit her head on Tuesday.

She's lost the last 2 years of her memory. Literally cannot remember a thing, can't remember her cat dying, his mum dying, the book she's reading, even the new cat they've got that she adores.

She can't understand why food prices are so expensive, why different shops have closed in our town.

That's wild.

Imagine when she discovers that most the royal family are dead.

Does she think we're in Lockdown?

Oddly, the only things she can remember are related to glass.

She remembers going to the fused glass workshop with me.

She remembers her husband buying a similar item of fused glass at Christmas.

And she remembers turning her dad's glasses (he died) Into a glass Christmas bauble a year ago.

The stupid baby has caught bronchiolitis so I won't be seeing her this weekend. Was supposed to be seeing her on Sunday and now I'll have to wait till next Sunday. It's like she's been constantly ill since she started going to nursery in January, filthy buboe-ridden babies and toddlers. :D

Children do seem to be sick at least 300 days a year.

Moreso now. Convinced we’re still playing Covid catchup. I only have to be with my nephew for 5 minutes and I end up with a cold or a cough

It certainly feels to me like the minor colds, coughs and sniffles you'd often get pre-covid feel more like illnesses which wipe you out for a few days now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom