• Farida – “Heartache”
Semi-Final Three

• KEiiNO – “Damdiggida”
  • MIIA – “Green Lights”
  • Annprincess – “Save Me”
  • Thomas Jenssen – “Take Me To Heaven”
  • Mista – “Waltz of Death”
  • Vidar Villa – “MER”
Lots of former MGP winners (KEiiNO, Alexandra Berger, Super Rob is Gaute Ormåsen who was one of the Subwoolfer wolves, one of Mista is Benedicte Adrian who was part of Dollie de Luxe in 1984) and quite a lot of prior entrants too. Gåte are a pretty big name in Norway as well.

Last edited:
I'm pretty disappointed with the KEiiNO song, "Monument" is my most placed song of the decade so far and this feels not even as good as lot of their general single releases :(

This is such a strong collection of songs. Norway have really stepped up in recent years.

Margaret, Keiino or My AI would all be fabulous Eurovision entries, but I'm also very fond of this quintessentially me-coded bland bop.

Day one Spotify impact

#37 KEiiNO
#50 Vidar Villa
#68 Margaret Berger
#94 MIIA
#95 Super Rob & Erika Norwich
#109 Gåte
#141 Woman Show
#180 Myra
#183 Farida

#183 Farida

Omg is she in it?

IMG_5077.jpeg

I don’t normally pay attention to the Norwegian heats beyond the odd banger but I might watch at least this week’s semi- is it way watchable via an SVT app style thing or can you only do it on shonky internet link?

In previous years I've been able to download the NRK app on my phone and cast it to my TV, so it should work this time too - you will have to make a (free) account though.

In previous years I've been able to download the NRK app on my phone and cast it to my TV, so it should work this time too - you will have to make a (free) account though.

Thank you! I’ll do that.

This starts tonight, and with all due respect to Malta et al, this feels like the first event NF of the year :disco: Running order:

1. Mathilde SPZ feat. Chris Archer & Slam Dunk – “Woman Show”
  2. Fredrik Halland – “Stranded”
  3. Myra – “Heart on Fire”
  4. Gothminister – “We Come Alive”
  5. Ingrid Jasmin – “Eya”
  6. Margaret Berger – “Oblivion”
3 go to the final. Margaret is surely one of those!

There's going to be an illegal but of good quality stream on YouTube. The channel's name is ESC Europe Live.

Why did no one alert me that Margo was back?

Keiino is fun for 1998. AND IT IS FUN.

I know it's sacriligeous but I can't help but feel I'd enjoy Oblivion even more if it was sung by Moyka who co-wrote it.

I know it's sacriligeous but I can't help but feel I'd enjoy Oblivion even more if it was sung by Moyka who co-wrote it.

I wouldn't go that far but it does feel very much in Moyka's style. I am sure Margo will turn in a strong performance.

Right I haven’t seen anyone mention this song yet on here but the Gen Z Twitter lot seem to have having an absolute meltdown over the content that has culminated in them registering their disgust with the artist directly and him deleting his account.

It’s competing this Saturday:

Right I haven’t seen anyone mention this song yet on here but the Gen Z Twitter lot seem to have having an absolute meltdown over the content that has culminated in them registering their disgust with the artist directly and him deleting his account.

It’s competing this Saturday:

What are they saying? I haven't picked up on anything untoward in my entire two listens

What are they saying? I haven't picked up on anything untoward in my entire two listens
Apparently it’s glorifying abuse, toxic behaviour and misogyny, and anybody who likes it is a massive red flag. :eyes:

I mean I just looked up the lyrics, this ISN’T GREAT!

“You know, I would never hurt you, baby
Unless you try to leave me, then maybe”

I mean I just looked up the lyrics, this ISN’T GREAT!

“You know, I would never hurt you, baby
Unless you try to leave me, then maybe”
:ToneNervous:

I should clarify that what I found tiresome was the discourse snowballing rather quickly from “I don’t like this song, it makes me uncomfortable and gives me the ick” to “if you do enjoy this song, it’s a window into the darkest recesses of your soul and there is something wrong with you.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom