• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kala

Call the police
Pronouns
He/Him
SInce the running of A Song For Moopy was a SPECTACULAR success thanks to @Ag - I've decided now is a good time to launch another. ASFM didn't really have any rules as such, but I would have liked to do things a little differently, hence having a different name for the contest (I may add, I did NOT create the name, that is thanks to @Win_the_game)

So things are going to work SLIGHTLY differently. There will be a few eligibility rules for the contest. Every person will be representing a country from ANYWHERE in the world, but the only restriction is that either the ARTIST or BAND or SONGWRITER(S) MUST have some link to that country. Whether that be they were BORN or LIVED there or they have some connection to the country eg their ANCESTRY. And THAT is the ONLY rule there is. It might seem restrictive but I think you'll all be able to find something.

The UNITED KINGDOM will be split into the four nations, and I would be willing to look at splitting the US States into separate states, and possibly for the other big countries too, but this can be discussed.

The reason for this is to make things a little bit diverse and not have 80% English songs and 50% from US or Sweden etc.

As with ASFM there will be YouTube and Spotify playlists and your song PREFERABLY should be on both of these platforms, the former you can add yourself if needed and having it on Spotify is an advantage for sure.

Here is how it will work

1 The application period will open. Everyone has 72 hours to register interest by saying YES in a poll.
2 Once the application period ends, the list of those saying YES will be randomised. This is kept secret for now so that people cannot work out who has selected what.
3 Everyone will be sent a PM in turn in order to select their nation. I will advise which nations are already taken in the PM, so you know where you stand. This will be done during a certain period of say one evening so everyone should aim to be online. So it doesn't take DAYS for the allocation period to end.
4 Everyone has 7 days to select their song and send via PM, detailing how the song fits the rules for that nation
5 Songs will then be randomised into 2 semi finals.
6 Semi 1 will start with Semi 2 a few days later. Each semi lasts 7 days. The top 10 will qualify for the final. (Number to be confirmed, depending on the number of entries)
7 The Final of 20 songs (tbc) will then start.

Last edited:
I think option 1, that sounds much more fun. Make us work for our win!

*gets Iran*

Only issue with 1 is that WHAT countries do you choose? The usual US, UK, Oz, France, Sweden, Germany etc? I mean if someone found a SHIT HOT pop song from Laos, they wouldn't be able to enter it!

Only issue with 1 is that WHAT countries do you choose? The usual US, UK, Oz, France, Sweden, Germany etc? I mean if someone found a SHOT HOT op song from Laos, they wouldn't be able to enter it!

If it's that shit hot, they can enter it in the next round of ASFM instead!

I'm thinking of doing a random draw of all names, recording my screen to show I am not cheating and post the list of names and then everyone has to post the country name they want in the thread. Then we go down the list one by one. So those at the bottom have less to choose from. BUT I think it seems the fairest way and, I think could be quite exciting.

Then everyone has a week or so to find their song, and we do 2 semis depending on numbers etc. A week for each semi with both running concurrently, and then the final.

Only issue with 1 is that WHAT countries do you choose? The usual US, UK, Oz, France, Sweden, Germany etc? I mean if someone found a SHIT HOT pop song from Laos, they wouldn't be able to enter it!

There goes my dream of debuting and bringing a St. Lucia BANGER to this. :(

I'm thinking of doing a random draw of all names, recording my screen and then everyone has to post the country name they want in the thread. Then we go down the list. So those at the bottom have less to choose from. BUT I think it seems the fairest way and, I think could be quite exciting.

I'm not averse to this, although I think people should PM you so we don't know who has which country?

If I DO go for option 2 the other question is, do we want to keep the allocation secret? Or are we happy with everyone knowing who sent what? If the former then everything would be done via PM, if the latter, it would be done in a special thread.

If I DO go for option 2 the other question is, do we want to keep the allocation secret? Or are we happy with everyone knowing who sent what? If the former then everything would be done via PM, if the latter, it would be done in a special thread.

The draw in itself would be exciting, but you'd have spunked that particular load for the rest of the competition, and I think voting is more fun when it's anonymous.

If we do Option 1 and random draw, could we consider then having some of the users nominating countries they want in? Obviously, they won't most likely have the country they suggested but then eventually if whoever the other players who got one of those countries someone suggested could contact that person for ideas of singers/songs from them.

I'd say option 2 to start with because it's easier, with option 1 kept for a possible future round when we're all feeling a bit braver.

Oh wait, this hasn't been decoded yet? I just emergency messaged Kala my choice.

Loving the chaos that could ensue. Can't wait to read the passive aggressive posts in the results thread from whomever was left with submitting their entry from the Tunisian Madonna.

Thinking about it, Option 2 could take an age because people might have their turn and take a while to decide their song meaning the other 20 people are still waiting.

Maybe first come first serve is better.

If the aim of this is to properly emphasise discovering music from new places, I think certain countries (at least UK, USA, Sweden) should be excluded entirely. Otherwise the people who end up with those (in whatever methodology) have too much of an advantage.

Wait, did you just vote for option 2, Kala? I thought you didn't know, why are you giving us options when you prefer one of them? This is your game and you should be a dictator :disco:

How is 2 easier than 3?
3 would be irritating if you submit your song quite late only to be told that Lesbania is gone and you have to go and find something else. I'd like to know which country I have at the start of the selection process and not have it able to be taken away from me.

I am happy with any of the rules. If you want to allocate me with a country then it will make me WORK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom