Olives - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Do you OLOVE them?

• Total voters
Every aubergine I've ever come across. It's not so much the taste (although that's bad enough) as the texture.

YES to pickled everything including pickled EGG and AUBERGINE

And mega YES to pickled onion vinegar with chips - it's the ONLY way really :disco:

It's not that I've never had aubergine, but I can't recall it's flavour. I expect to like it.

it very much acts like a sponge. in the summer I often serve it grilled topped with lots of chopped mint, chillies, almonds and honey and let it stand for a while to really soak up the flavours. in the winter either in a stew or curry or fried golden and soaked in soy, mirin and garlic

I can't wait for Mr M to come back home so I have a reason to cook again

A sponge that has been left in a puddle. Of phlegm.

what is it called and where can I have it?

http://meinblogland.blogspot.com/2012/10/recipe-of-month-aloo-paratha-potato.html#.XE-A24HfWrV

In the West, Indian breads are normally an accompaniment to a main course (as they generally should be) but on the Indian subcontinent, a particular variety; PARATHAS (or paranthas as Punjabis call them) are the star of the show and are largely just eaten with a bit of pickle and some yoghurt on the side...and if you're very lucky, a big dollop of salted butter! OMG...I am drooling as I type this.

Aloo (potato) parathas are my favourite kind...though cauliflower comes a close second.

Last edited:
Oh and they're generally fried in ghee and are rather unhealthy if you eat every mouthful with butter as I do.

Aubergine pickle doesn't have the texture of the vegetable...the pickling makes it much firmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom