Olivia Newton-John DEAD

Fascinating reading the reports about her, than UK, Australia and US all seem to claim her.
As you'd expect, she now has multiple entries on the iTunes singles and album charts in all 3 territories.

Playing Physical at the gym this morning is a vibe

All the tributes really are lovely :(

I think it was a bit of a flop but The Rumour is still quite the tune, at least once Shep got his mitts on it:

Wow, very rare to get an actual statement from those two. Shows what high esteem she was held in, clearly.

Other than them all doing Eurovision, is there a particular connection? Or is it just a case that they must have crossed paths a lot over the years given their careers peaked around the same time?

I forgot about the Grease Megamix which of course had an pivotal role in Gavin and Stacey.

Wow, very rare to get an actual statement from those two. Shows what high esteem she was held in, clearly.

Other than them all doing Eurovision, is there a particular connection? Or is it just a case that they must have crossed paths a lot over the years given their careers peaked around the same time?
I think the latter - they were on a couple of TV specials together in America and so on. Olivia had said recently that they became friends.

They did a show together. Lolly posted it above.

Olivia posted this on Frida's birthday last year. I doubt they were best friends or anything (but what do I know), but I think from this and Frida's words there was obviously respect, friendship and affection.

ITunes

#10 Hopelessly Devoted To You
#14 Xanadu
#32 You're The One That I Want
#39 Physical
#57 A Little More Love
#67 Summer Nights
#82 Take Me Home Country Roads
#90 Sam
#92 Suddenly
#93 I Love You, I Honestly Love You
#95 If Not For You
#98 Banks of Ohio
#99 We Go Together
#100 Magic

The two Grease number 1s were such mega hits. I think You're The One That Want had 9 weeks at no.1 in the UK. Until recently and the great streaming disaster, the were both the top 10 biggest hits ever.

Then of course she went to no.1 when Xanadu as well.

We should offer one too. Have a little bidding war.
The UK or Moopy? I think the Zsa Zsa Gabor Memorial Cemetery is well established enough now that we could branch out into celebrity funerals.

I don't think we really have the right to claim her. Of the three countries in contention, wasn't the UK her least successful market (yes I know she was born here, was technically half British and started her career here)?

ITunes

#10 Hopelessly Devoted To You
#14 Xanadu
#32 You're The One That I Want
#39 Physical
#57 A Little More Love
#67 Summer Nights
#82 Take Me Home Country Roads
#90 Sam
#92 Suddenly
#93 I Love You, I Honestly Love You
#95 If Not For You