Perrie Edwards - Forget About Us

Better than Jesy and poor Leigh-Anne?

• Total voters
Does Perrie have physicals as well, and do we know if they are counted in the midweeks yet?

She's down to #41 on Spotify today, Dua Lipa holding at #18, and Sabrina Carpenter up to #4, with 100k+ more streams than Dua and Perrie combined.

I can't believe I've only seen this playlisted in ONE list out of all 10 that usually appear in my feed, perhaps it's just buzz?

Does Perrie have physicals as well, and do we know if they are counted in the midweeks yet?
Apparently only the CDs have started being released so I don't think they'll have been included yet.

No cassettes or 7" yet (presumably holding off to shore up the second week drop)

Apparently only the CDs have started being released so I don't think they'll have been included yet.

No cassettes or 7" yet (presumably holding off to shore up the second week drop)
Interestingly according to her website the CD has a release date of last Friday, whereas the 7" and cassette just say 'Spring 2024' and that it's on pre-order and will be despatched 'in line with the advertised release date'. Presumably a plan to release those when it suits. Or potentially not bother at all, I suppose.

She's down 3 to #44 on Spotify UK today. Dua Lipa up #1 to #17, Sabrina Carpenter up 1 to #3.

She's going to have to work those physical formats to avoid a big fall next week.

Interestingly according to her website the CD has a release date of last Friday, whereas the 7" and cassette just say 'Spring 2024' and that it's on pre-order and will be despatched 'in line with the advertised release date'. Presumably a plan to release those when it suits. Or potentially not bother at all, I suppose.

She's down 3 to #44 on Spotify UK today. Dua Lipa up #1 to #17, Sabrina Carpenter up 1 to #3.

She's going to have to work those physical formats to avoid a big fall next week.

That is unless it starts to cross over with lots of airplay. It’s generic enough to play well with certain audiences. I bet airplay is huge this week but that might also drop after the initial curiosity.

It does all seem very front loaded and time will tell, but then to me so does Dua Lipa. I’d say out of the two Perrie has more crossover potential.

Dua is obviously doing much better on global.

#6 Sabrina Carpenter
#9 Dua Lipa
#10 Perrie

Let's hope those CDs aren't counted

#44 still isn’t bad at all, but it needs to stabilise around here to have some legs.

I’d assume physicals aren’t counted as if they are they must be minimal, as given even Leanne could make #11 with much worse streaming (like non existent) with hers then it would be very odd if Perrie couldn’t top that given the stats.

Down to #57 on Spotify though, and that's before the new releases hit. And #25 on Apple, but she was holding better there and was #11 yesterday.

Interestingly she's gone back up to #1 on iTunes though.

I see there’s like instrumental versions etc there as well, she seems to be pushing on social media to stay top ten.

I’d imagine somewhere around #25 next week? Unless the vinyls and cassettes are released and she may stay low top 20?

Changed my vote for this polite adult contemporary semi-banger from a 7 to an 8

RISE UP PERRIE RISE

Yeah, I've been humming this all week long even tho some of the lyrics are .. well, I guess they needed lines and words.

Straight in at #1 on the airplay chart.

That’s pretty next level goodwill to enter right at the top.

The video suits the song I think

I am finding the way she sings "pourfect" quite annoying though

The video is absolute shit. The song is so fucking bland, and I just don’t see any srar quality coming from her as a solo popstar. Just like Leigh Anne.
I like that you didn’t include Jesy!

She managed one place better than Leigh Anne, with an Ed Sheeran song and all that radio support. Not the best result, is it?

Music Week

Meanwhile, Perrie (Edwards) – veteran of 45 hits, including 19 Top 10 entries and five No.1s with Little Mix – debuts at No.10 (25,915 sales including 1,283 CDs) with her first solo single, Forget About Us.

Looks like it would have been #11 without the CDs.

Leigh-Anne's sales equivalent was 20,888, but signed 99p CD singles were 8k of that.

Perrie was charging £2.99 and they weren't signed, at least when I looked on Monday or Tuesday.

I really like the song but her positioning is a bit OLD isn’t it?

I really like the song but her positioning is a bit OLD isn’t it?
Yes, she’s only 30. She should be having more fun with her first solo material.

At least Jesy was living it!

It feels very 2002 marketing/campaign/getting-a-hit-on-paper rather than genuine, natural appeal.

I just can’t get over how nothing all of it is. The song, the video, her presence.

At first I just accepted it as a beige song but I actually think (and possibly this is a delayed response) I’m starting to go into shock and denial over it all?

Maybe I need go to touch some grass

This is playing on French radio as I'm writing! Can't remember of them ever playing Jesy or Leigh-Anne :o

#24 in the first full midweeks.
So that's down from #19 on the first look chart - but does that include all streaming?

Down to #119 on Spotify. Obviously it (like everything else) collapsed under all the Taylor Swift tracks on Friday, but it's fallen another 31 places since then.

Todays update includes sales until Sunday midnight and streaming for Friday and Saturday (always a day missing as they estimate Thursday streams on the Friday as they compile the chart).

The fact it has dropped so much more since Taylor is not a good sign.

It's all just too late, isn't it? Makes you wonder how much of a clamour for a reunion there might actually be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom