Perrie Edwards - Forget About Us

Better than Jesy and poor Leigh-Anne?

• Total voters
Perrie ATE. Girl can SANG without sounding like the usual basic marbles gargling clone. Bussy is CLENCHED for a Jason Nevins remix.

Perrie ATE.
The meal:

1000056686.jpg

I do think JADE would fare better though. I mean isn’t she universally understood to be the favourite of the 4?

Last edited:
I feel like people are severely overestimating Jade Thirwall's upcoming solo ouvre.

I think it's high time we all just admit that Jesy was peak solo Little Mix.

I feel like people are severely overestimating Jade Thirwall's upcoming solo ouvre.
Jade will be aiming for the GAYS rather than the MUMS. Which probably means more critical success rather than sales, but I don’t think she will care.

The problem with Perrie’s song is that it all feels a bit contrived and workshopped to the n-th degree. It’s pleasant enough if unexciting.

this is not really for me but it does sound tailor made for radio. once the beat comes in it does become pretty catchy.

whether it will be a hit, my instinct is... not. however it may tap into that Becky Hill market?

I’m into this. Really like the chorus, and it’s clever that the song starts with it

But yeah it’s very Asda Mum

this is not really for me but it does sound tailor made for radio. once the beat comes in it does become pretty catchy.

whether it will be a hit, my instinct is... not. however it may tap into that Becky Hill market?

Mainstream dance very much still a thing but very clear that this is pitching for people that like Becky Hill but are also into the emerging country / folk sound that all over the charts recently.

With that said, this honestly sounds like a recent DELTA GOODREM offering that would be all over Radio 2.

I'm indifferent to the song really, it's musical wallpaper for the mums and Fiat 500 huns, but I do think it's important that it flops. We seem to have finally removed the inescapable, #1-with-everything solo artiste head of the Ed Sheeran hydra, but the songwriter is still there, drawing up twee shite lyrics for others about stealing hoodies from flats etc.

I wonder if this was just a mid-2010s Sheeran leftover actually, Perrie's delivery is really similar sounding in places.

Debuts at #15 on UK Spotify with just under 250k streams. That's pretty good, isn't it?

Dua Lipa #11 with 334k

Just checked, and Jesy debuted three places higher, but with 5.5k fewer streams.

This is absolutely made for Capital Radio isn’t it (‘and speaking of Ed Sheeran here’s the new one from another human speedbump, Perrie’ - repeat on the hour every hour).

It’s not bad but it is so Sheeran-coded that it’s hard to enjoy.

This is absolutely made for Capital Radio isn’t it (‘and speaking of Ed Sheeran here’s the new one from another human speedbump, Perrie’ - repeat on the hour every hour).

It’s not bad but it is so Sheeran-coded that it’s hard to enjoy.

Human speedbump! :D

Falls 19 to #34 on day two Spotify UK.

By comparison, Dua falls 6 to #17, and Sabrina Carpenter climbs 2 to #10.

And Jesy fell 7 to #19 on her day two.

Dips from 15-34 on Spotify, which isn't too bad for a day two. She's off to a stronger start than Leigh-Anne, whose Don't Say Love opened at #54 and dropped straight out on the second day.

It'll obviously now depend whether it can stabilise or if it just goes into complete freefall.

I can't believe people had the nerve to bring THIS into Dua's thread. It's such a white girl wasted anthem...which I can still 'stan' in its own thread from afar.

DUA UNBOTHERED.

I don’t know if that’s more a good sign for Perrie or a damning indictment of how rapidly Dua Lipa’s career is unravelling. :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: dUb
Apparently the physicals haven’t been dispatched yet?

She’s been #1 on iTunes for 48 hours and given first midweeks only include one day of streaming, that will be why she is #7. I assume she will manage a good few physicals and that’ll keep her top ten.

I give it a 6. Catchy enough but nothing I would be playing over and over.

I bet we’ve got a Sheeran duet version coming to boost those streams soon :zombie:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom