Peter Bogdanovich DEAD

VoR

Take it or leave it
Quite the life and career

Directed three all-time movie classics in three consecutive years from 1971-1973 (The Last Picture Show, What's Up Doc?, Paper Moon).

Left his wife/creative partner Polly Platt for actress Cybill Shepherd and burned down both their careers by directing two critically reviled vanity projects around her. (Daisy Miller and At Long Last Love).

Broke up with Shepherd and began dating former Playboy playmate Dorothy Stratten, who was brutally murdered by her ex shortly thereafter. To ease his grief, he married her sister.

Rebounded briefly by directing Cher in the schlocky classic that is Mask.

Directed River Phoenix in the last complete film he made before he also died an untimely death.

He's featured quite a lot (indirectly) on the You Must Remember This podcast, which dedicated an episode on Dorothy Stratten and then did a full series on Polly Platt. Both really interesting.

Quite restraint from Cher. I wonder how Cybil is, they worked together a few years ago on a film I still haven't seen (she had a small part).

“Having Peter Bogdonavich as my first acting teacher in my first film, The Last Picture Show, was a blessing of enormous proportion,” Shepherd said in a statement provided to Deadline. “There are simply no words to express my feelings over this deepest of losses. May Peter live long in all our memories.”

20220107_000036.jpg

You know she's BITING HER TONGUE so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom