Pink - Trustfall (new album out Feb 2023)

I’ll give it a spin. I can’t even remember what the last album was.

Listening to Beautiful Trauma and it's actually quite nice. "Whatever You Want" should have been a hit.

Oh God not HER again :manson:
We're all gonna start a fiGHT~~~!!!!111

ab67616d0000b273a342edc8d90ae68d99333bab

Pink Top Ten - 2022 Edition

1. Who Knew
2. Try
3. Most Girls
4. U + Ur Hand
5. Just Like a Pill
6. Lonely Girl
7. Don't Let Me Get Me
8. Cuz I Can
9. Whatever You Want
10. Catch Me While I'm Sleeping

Never Gonna Not Dance Again is currently #1 on the UK Airplay charts.

I feel it was a mistake to release so close to Christmas, she's going to get totally crowded out by the seasonal tracks in the next week or two. But still impressive for this stage of her career.

Never Gonna Not Dance Again isn't really doing anything in America. And it only has 6 million streams globally, which is objectively terrible. I was going to say this is slightly surprising since "Just Like Fire" was so big, but I see it's already been five years. :o

I don't think a hit is out of the question at this point, but I find NGNDA kind of nothingy. She has plenty of time to release a second single or make NGNDA a tik tok smash, or whatever.

Pink is an odd one. Five years ago, I would have said that she won the 2000s war - having effectively outlasted almost all of her contemporaries as a hit-making force. But you look at her now, and you compare her with Beyoncé, or even Christina, and realise that her continued success at radio with middle America was a curse, in that kept her in a very narrow lane. These days, flopping is the new slaying.

Pink is an odd one. Five years ago, I would have said that she won the 2000s war - having effectively outlasted almost all of her contemporaries as a hit-making force. But you look at her now, and you compare her with Beyoncé, or even Christina, and realise that her continued success at radio with middle America was a curse, in that kept her in a very narrow lane. These days, flopping is the new slaying.

On what planet is Christina's career in a better position?! :D

Finishing Hurts 2B Human. What a terrible album. :(
I loved Can We Pretend and still think it bops. but there's no What About Us in there.

musically she's been in a rut but she's still releasing when she doesn't need to, so I think the passion is there. she's not Shakira. I agree she's not beyond getting a hit.

I imagine Pink will still be a formidable touring act for some years regardless if this flops or not.

I loved Can We Pretend and still think it bops. but there's no What About Us in there.

musically she's been in a rut but she's still releasing when she doesn't need to, so I think the passion is there. she's not Shakira. I agree she's not beyond getting a hit.
I was gonna add “Miss You Sometime” also kind of bops.

Baby boy
I’m FALLIN in your LUV

A lot of the uptempo stuff has already aged poorly but the ballads just draaag.

I imagine Pink will still be a formidable touring act for some years regardless if this flops or not.

She'll tour the big venues until she dies at this point (if she wants to). She's long since paid her dues and built up a fanbase who'll follow her for life.

It's true that her music definitely lands in a certain comfort zone, which is slightly at odds with the spiky persona that she started with. It's been a while since I truly loved anything she did, but she does what she does well and it's sort of comforting to still have her around after so many of her contemporaries have faded from view. Obviously she's not Beyonce though. Weirdly, I'd think of her as something closer to a next generation Celine Dion. Never cool, but always popular and even the haters have to respect the talent and hard work.

As for Ms Aguilera, let's face it, if she hadn't landed a couple of backing vocal features in the 10s, her career trajectory would essentially be more comparable to Taylor Dayne than Pink or Beyonce.

Also it is hard to overstate her popularity in Europe. That Cover Me In Sunshine song followed me EVERYWHERE when I was travelling through France and Italy this year.

Pink Top Ten - 2022 Edition

1. Who Knew
2. Try
3. Most Girls
4. U + Ur Hand
5. Just Like a Pill
6. Lonely Girl
7. Don't Let Me Get Me
8. Cuz I Can
9. Whatever You Want
10. Catch Me While I'm Sleeping
01 I'm Not Dead
02 Sober
03 Who Knew
04 U & Ur Hand
05 Try
06 So What
07 Long Way to Happy
08 Trouble
09 18 Wheeler
10 Family Portrait

11 Get the Party Started
12 What About Us
13 Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
14 Cuz I Can
15 Please Don't Leave Me
16 Don't Let Me Get Me
17 Just Like a Pill
18 Catch Me While I'm Sleeping
19 Last to Know
20 God Is a DJ

she had such a fantastic singles discography until the Funhouse era and quite a solid run of albums too. but I almost never listen to her anymore. I really burned out on P!nk but still have a lot of love for her

Last edited:
She'll tour the big venues until she dies at this point (if she wants to). She's long since paid her dues and built up a fanbase who'll follow her for life.

It's true that her music definitely lands in a certain comfort zone, which is slightly at odds with the spiky persona that she started with. It's been a while since I truly loved anything she did, but she does what she does well and it's sort of comforting to still have her around after so many of her contemporaries have faded from view. Obviously she's not Beyonce though. Weirdly, I'd think of her as something closer to a next generation Celine Dion. Never cool, but always popular and even the haters have to respect the talent and hard work.

As for Ms Aguilera, let's face it, if she hadn't landed a couple of backing vocal features in the 10s, her career trajectory would essentially be more comparable to Taylor Dayne than Pink or Beyonce.
Not Taylor Dayne :D

I would compare her to Cyndi Lauper as far as commercial success goes. “Beautiful” and “Genie” are always going to be part of the fabric of pop music like “Time after Time” or “Girls…”, but I’d wager that the Gen Z’ers don’t really see her as anything more than a nostalgia act. She hasn’t had lead vocals on anything resembling a hit since 2007. She was obviously prolific from ‘99 until then. But I don’t think she can really be in the same conversation as Beyonce, Pink, or Britney who have all maintained some degree of influence and profile into the 2010s and 20s.

I was gonna add “Miss You Sometime” also kind of bops.

Baby boy
I’m FALLIN in your LUV

A lot of the uptempo stuff has already aged poorly but the ballads just draaag.

Miss You Sometimes had to be a single, such a bawp.

Oh come on, I don’t like Aguilera so am biased, but that bitch literally hasn’t been relevant since Candyman. Has she genuinely had a solo hit since?

I don’t love the new Pink one, the disco sound just doesn’t suit her, but she’s perfectly fine in the background and has earned her position so keep on keeping on Queen :disco:

1. Don't Let me Get ME
2. U & Ur Hand
3. Just Like A Pill
4. You Make Me Sick
5. So What
6. Sober
7. Who Knew
8. Family Portrait
9. Most Girls
10. What About Us

Yes at Most Girls. Who on earth put You Make Me Sick on her GH over that?!

Pink is a successful and well-liked touring act, Beyoncé is Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera has been making music too ahead of its time for some people for at least a decade, and Britney is teasing her tuppence passive aggressively at Selena Gomez on instagram. They're ALL successful at what they do. We don't need to bring one of them down to lift another up.

1. Just Give Me A Reason
2. Is This Thing On?
3. U + Ur Hand
4. Glitter In The Air
5. Who Knew
6. Dear Mr. President
7. So What
8. Please Don't Leave Me
9. Just Like A Pill
10. Try
11. Beautiful Trauma
12. Beam Me Up
13. I Don't Believe You
14. Funhouse
15. Good Old Days
16. Sover
17. Raise Your Glass
18. God Is A DJ
19. Fucking Perfect
20. Stupid Girls

My most played by her. I wouldn't call myself a fan really but thats a solid list

Anecdotally, my coworkers in their 30-50s LOVE her. I'd say she's more popular than Christina or almost any 2000s popstar

I suppose it's unfair to compare Pink to Beyoncé.

She has some great songs, but I just wonder if she is capable of more than what she's given for the last decade.
  1. Just Like a Pill
  2. Who Knew
  3. Glitter in the Air
  4. Try
  5. Please Don't Leave Me
  6. What About Us?
  7. Most Girls
  8. Just Give Me a Reason
  9. Lady Marmalade (but mainly for Christina)
  10. 18 Wheeler

She really is a prime example of somebody who mellowed out when she became a mother. Her personal life seems remarkably stable, she's been with her husband for over 20 years now, her kids seem happy and healthy - is it any wonder she doesn't have much to say creatively?

She really is a prime example of somebody who mellowed out when she became a mother. Her personal life seems remarkably stable, she's been with her husband for over 20 years now, her kids seem happy and healthy - is it any wonder she doesn't have much to say creatively?

How stable can she be really? She's always getting in fights.

She's really annoying on social media.
And not in a kooky way like Madonna is.
But more like sanctimonious and up her own arse.
Get over yourself, like.

I dropped off the P!nk bus after ‘The Truth About Love’ album but I’d happily go and see her live and think she seems a “good” person so I’d say on the whole I’m still pro-P!nk. I might not listen to the album though.

Pink at her best was the next generation Marie Fredriksson, and Don't Leave Me was a gorgeous atypically layer from her. The rowdy wall-punching party anthems did get out of hand though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom