Attachments

• 1626664846909.png
    1626664846909.png
    21 KB · Views: 49

Economic Left/Right: -1.0​

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.41​

1C38880A-6031-45C6-B9B5-8D163F6CDA7C.png

Strong and stable centre :ChiaraWink:

I swear when I was 18 and first did this, I was about where Iguana is. I thought we drifted right as we got older, not left?

How is it even possible to get that high on the libertarian side? It would be like living in chaos. :greta:

How is it even possible to get that high on the libertarian side? It would be like living in chaos. :greta:
It's social libertarianism. One of my issues with political compass is that it doesn't measure your support for state intervention very well, lumping it in with economic left right, as I would end up very pro intervention because Free Markets are evil.

Last edited:
It's social libertarianism. One of my issues with political compass is that it doesn't measure your support for state intervention very well, as I would end up very pro intervention because Free Markets are evil.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess state intervention vs free market is on the left/right scale.

But even social liberties need regulations (and protection) or else we end up with chaos and people taking those liberties away from us.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess state intervention vs free market is on the left/right scale.

But even social liberties need regulations (and protection) or else we end up with chaos and people taking those liberties away from us.
The problem is it asks "do you support the death penalty?" (no) and "should prisoners have the vote?" (yes), "should the gays have sex?" (only if I can watch), but doesn't get into things like restorative justice, and the purpose of the criminal justice system. I am by no means actually a social libertarian, the state of course has a role to play in upholding the values I see as important, but then a two axis diagram is always going to be super simplified.

Though I do think using the word libertarian there should probably be looked at.

The problem is it asks "do you support the death penalty?" (no) and "should prisoners have the vote?" (yes), "should the gays have sex?" (only if I can watch), but doesn't get into things like restorative justice, and the purpose of the criminal justice system. I am by no means actually a social libertarian, the state of course has a role to play in upholding the values I see as important, but then a two axis diagram is always going to be super simplified.

Though I do think using the word libertarian there should probably be looked at.

Agreed, that’s why this compass doesn’t really work. I tend to avoid the ”strongly” option which I guess is why I end up more in the middle, but I would have prefered an even more middle option where you neither agree nor disagree.

Oh, is this the point where I rant about this question?

1626680961722.png

Of course that specifically is a significant advantage of a one party state! But I do not support one party states. So do you answer the exact question asked, or do you make an assumption on what the question is actually asking, and answer that?

Oh, is this the point where I rant about this question?

View attachment 3540

Of course that specifically is a significant advantage of a one party state! But I do not support one party states. So do you answer the exact question asked, or do you make an assumption on what the question is actually asking, and answer that?

The correct thing would be to answer the question; ie of course a one party state has a significant advantage (look at China, Singapore…) but I guess most people ”strongly disagree” because they’re against a one party state.

Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.85​

1626682871058.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 09.29.19.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 09.29.19.png
    277 KB · Views: 44
On the isidewith UK version, I was like 80% SNP :disco: To think I used to semi-stan the coalition and was against Scottish independence but now I have all of Queen Nic's albums!

I remember back in '10 a aged queen telling me never to trust the Tories (I voted Lib Dem that year), and I was very "that's a very old fashioned POV babe". Cut to me ten years later wishing death to the Tories and making a blood oath to myself that I will always vote against them in any configuration in the future.

I don’t know how I could get Libertarian though considering I voted againt privatising the NHS and railroads?

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210719_100013.jpg

I also agree with the previous comments about 'libertarian' being used here. I strongly believe in state intervention, busting monopolies, and a strong social safety net, but I'm classed as a libertarian because I think women should have access to reproductive rights and gays should be able to marry? I rebuke this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom