Post a Eurovision performance that SHOULDN’T WORK but somehow DOES

Moldova clearly blew the budget in VOTE RIGGING in 2021 and had barely anything left for the staging :(

Moldova might just rival Belgium for biggest contributor in this category:

Probably the best example for me, in as much as I have no desire to listen to the song, just watch the performance.

I always thought the semi final performance was tighter and more accomplished than the final. The little details were better.

Plus, blue guy's doppelganger was 😍

In what universe shouldn't this performance work? It's phenomenal and elevates an okay song to a Eurovision classic.

I'd disagree with DoReDos's inclusion in that there's no way that concept WOULDN'T have worked provided it was pulled off (which, admittedly, is the mindbendingly impressive part)

Reactions: D5K
Fine. I can admit it through GRITTED TEETH

You were doing so well hun :(

TQ6VrOsf_400x400.jpg

This was my INITIAL THOUGHT!

Even at the time I remember being utterly REPELLED by the styling, especially of Nicola HERSELF who is giving Nicki French's lady-loving younger sister with a penchant for SCARLET!
The performance is so fussy with the OUTFIT REVEALS and ENORMOUS VINYL RECORDS and DJ! For a song that was actually quite "cool" AT THE TIME for a Eurovision song, everything about it was VERY CBBC-goes-to-the-club.

but yet despite the absolute and utter lack of ANY TASTE it sort of pulls together in something that ended up being rather charming??

I guess this ALSO from Romania I'd shuffle into the same deck.

A bunch of CRUSTIES with TIN CANS fronted by Romania's answer to Kat Slater in a LIME GREEN SILVER STONEWASH JEAN outfit of VOMIT doesn't exactly scream COHESION, but it somehow works SO WELL!

But that said I'd also argue that the song is just INCREDIBLE, and Luminita Anghel may BELLOW a little, but BY GOD does she sell the shit out of it :disco:

Last edited:
Is it TOO EARLY for this??

Accidentally won its National Final by 1 point, utterly over-styled to the FRILLY SLEEVES of his life, SLIGHTLY messy song - and fun time gay uncle and noted fan of hats GUSTAPH isn't exactly the GO-TO obvious pick for a Eurovision frontman.
Yet the whole package KIND OF WORKS, and it's become a clear fan fave from this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom