Post a piece of pop culture that traumatised you as a child

I wasn't so bothered by the monstrous looking witch, it was more this that really frightened me. It all felt TOO REAL and chilling in terms of someone abducting you. And the fact he was sort of trapped in the tree.

witches1.jpg

I used to listen to it to go to sleep every night. We must have been very different children.

:basil:

If my parents had popped this on instead of The Muppets Greatest Hits, I probably would have left home.

I was also terrified of Anne Frank, spontaneous combustion, and any height over 50 centimetres at the time, so probably not the most robust individual.

When they had corpses with their eyes open on Miss Marple, when she was played by Joan Hickson.

When I hear the theme tune, my blood runs cold, even now.

I was never find of when somebody got ran over by a car on The Animals of Farthing Wood

The opening to CHOCKY always put the willies up me.

That SCREAM followed by desolate music and finishing up with a creepy whisper is a trilogy of terror.

When I was 11, my friend's older sister was tasked with watching us for the evening but had already made plans to rent Fear (starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Wahlberg) with her mates. She agreed to let us watch it with them and the dog's-head-through-the-door scene kept me awake for several nights.

This was the worst. I'm feeling emotionally wrecked just finding it again. And then Diana cooing over it all later on just finished me off.

land.png
Very much this!
I used to watch this together with my mum as a child and she used to be a big Diana Ross fan. It’s going to make me ugly cry a lot when she goes. Even the opening bars of the song are a struggle.

Autons from old Dr Who. I must have watched it on a rerun in the 80s and it scared the shite out of me
Spearhead_from_Space.jpg

Reactions: COB
Also, my mum probably shouldn't have let me watch 999 with Michael Burke as it has now given me an irrational fear of gas explosions and falling into deep fat fryers.

• Care
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom