Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COB

The ⭐ 👹
I think this looks like a lot of fun:

In the Comanche Nation in 1719, a fierce and highly skilled warrior named Naru learns the prey she is stalking is a highly evolved alien with a technologically advanced arsenal.
I'm quite surprised that it isn't getting a theatrical release, instead going straight to Hulu in the US and Disney+ in the UK :shock:

Reviews seem pretty positive and the director’s last film (Cloverfiled Lane) was quite good so I interested. Shame they skipped theatrical all together.

also apparently there’s an option to have the movie play in the Comanche language which in my opinion makes it better.

Reactions: COB
Very enjoyable. I liked that the majority is shot in daylight so you can see what’s happening and when the climax happens with the neon green it felt special. Lots of beautiful vistas.

I’ve never seen a Predator movie before, just bits here and there and this felt like such a fresh tale.

The brother was distractingly hot.

This was amazing, I loved it so much and can't believe they spunked it out as a streaming movie :o Absolutely beautiful cinematography at points (definitely agree with you @Phoenix about the use of the neon blood near the end). It definitely deserves an Oscar for BEST DOG, also.

What a GOOD BOY :disco:
coco-prey-top.jpg

This was GREAT. i love the way it was shot like an arthouse western.

This was amazing, I loved it so much and can't believe they spunked it out as a streaming movie :o Absolutely beautiful cinematography at points (definitely agree with you @Phoenix about the use of the neon blood near the end). It definitely deserves an Oscar for BEST DOG, also.

The other thread reminded me I saw this at the mother in law's as she has Disney+ (and answers the question that no, it did not get a cinema release!)

I agree after seeing it I'm shocked it's only streaming. This screams theatrical, and surely the previous ones did well enough to justify it? I guess there was more up front guaranteed $$ this way but it feels like a waste.

I REALLY liked it rather than loved, but that was such a fresh take and made all the difference. It looked beautiful, the lead was super likeable and I loved the high stakes drama factor of an Indian warrior taking on this insane high tech alien. I had no idea how it was going to pan out but it scared the shit out of me just thinking about it.

And that dog was beyond adorable. Apparently it had no training either which I feel you can sort of tell but it made it 100% more authentic looking?!

Best film since the original and highly recommended even for non horror types as it touches on many themes and stories.

• Love
I loved the sort of historically appropriate twist with:

The French invader/settler group killing all the tribe's buffalo and their immensely satisfying downfall

Not even shoehorned in to make a point, it felt entirely believable. Same with the

Flower/plant being the key yo escaping the predator, possibly a little obvious and far fetched but it worked

Probably should have given it a 9, but I always get annoyed by (even though it happens in almost every film) the amount of times a character is saved from certain death by sheer luck and chance and there was a lot of that :kim:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom