Votes: 2 8.3%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
I loved Rachel Stevens in this era but this one never clicked with me.

it's a GOOD SONG but I seem to remember feeling it was a TOUCH overrated at the time, and still think so. it did give her career an entirely needed lifeline though.

it's certainly no NEGOTIATE WITH LOVE! :disco: couldyouturnupthetrackalittlebitplease.

It remains one of life’s most RIDICULOUS POP MYSTERIES to me that Rachel Stevens’ second album wasn’t choc full of UBER HITS but let’s not go THERE again today.

RACHEL STEVENS TOP TEN HIT LIST

1. So Good
(*GASP*)
2. Negotiate With Love
(THE CASE IS CLOSED)
3. Sweet Dreams My LA Ex
(D’YA THINK I GIVE A DAMN?)
4. Nothing Good About This Goodbye- Creepy Demo Version
(IF YOU ARE THE ONE, THIS REGRET WILL LAST FOREVER)
5. Some Girls
(YOU MADE A PROMISE TO MAKE ME A STAR)
6. Breathe In, Breathe Out
(AND I DON’T WANT TO BE WITHOUT)
7. I Said Never Again But Here We Are
(I LET YOU IN MY BACK DOOR)
8. Crazy Boys
(I KNOW NOT WHAT I DO!)
9. Queen
(QUEEN!)
10. Funky Dory
(YOU’RE A WORK OF POP ART)

Shee your listen is missing the DARK MAJESTY of FUNNY HOW but otherwise, yes.

night got COLD
it's almost THREE
TAKE THESE FOOLS
away from ME!

:disco:

I forgot Colin Jackson was in the video. You'd NEVER GUESS he was hiding something :o

I wish that Tom Neville remix of Negotiate With Love had been released. It’s fucking amazing and such a faff finding my IPOD to listen

So Good remains a perfectly crafted pop song. Ends at just the right moment, too - never outstaying its welcome, leaves you wanting more.

A clear 10. This is the Goldfrapp knockoff right? I love it either way

Rachel top 5

1. Nothing Good About this Goodbye
2. Negotiate With Love
3. I Said Never Again
4. Sweet Dreams my LA Ex
5. Some Girls

It's a 10, Sweet Dreams is a 10 and the three singles from Come & Get It are all tens, but I will forever wish they'd been given to a more interesting performer. She was so fundamentally boring and passionless, it's little wonder she didn't attract a loyal long-term fanbase.

1. Negotiate With Love
2. Nothing Good About This Goodbye
3. Sweet Dreams My LA Ex
4. Funny How
5. So Good

Sweet Dreams My La Ex is such an AMAZING song title/lyric. the perfect solo launch single.

but yes she was too boring to sustain it. not that I know who else those tracks should've gone to.

I don’t really know what y’all talking about

Rachel elevated these songs with her charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent

This has alerted me to the fact that there is only one Rachel Stevens song on Australian Spotify. What a TRAVESTY.

That video. She's so Heat magazine when the song deserves Italian Vogue. An 11, but I Will Be There is her peak for me.

the Come & Get It album was POP perfection, releasing only 3 singles from it was shit (presumably because she was selling fuck all) but this was My Future Nostalgia of the 2000's

I never get the whole “no personality” thing. Sure, she was DULL in interviews, but so’s KYLIE, and whilst Rachel never sold a song like she did, she was entirely COMPETENT.

Of course it's a 10/10 moment even though at the time I was annoyed that it was shamelessly Goldfrapp-lite. And yes Come & Get IT is pop perfection and may I also add that "DUMB DUMB" is in my Rachel top 10 (hasn't been mentioned in this thread THUS far.)

I never get the whole “no personality” thing. Sure, she was DULL in interviews, but so’s KYLIE, and whilst Rachel never sold a song like she did, she was entirely COMPETENT.
I agree. I always thought it was because of her singing voice. It's perfectly serviceable but there is nothing unique about it.

1. Negotiate With Love
2. Sweet Dreams My LA Ex
3. So Good
4. It's All About Me
5. Secret Garden
6. Nothing Good About This Goodbye
7. Some Girls
8. Crazy Boys
9. I Said Never Again (But Here we Are)
10. I Will Be There

but what I don't understand is why would she want to turn DOWN the track a little bit please?

So that she can hear herself better - she's talking to the producer and/or engineer and referring to the voice/music balance mix in her headphones. Why they kept it in is anyone's guess.
Why, to reiterate to everyone* that Rachel Stevens is a Strong Independent Female!! :disco:

* Approx. 39 internet gays and 1 female, as of 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom