Random Kylie 2024 stuff

The added kicker that the wine was only served at Renee's party as a JOKE :basil:

I can understand a random Gen-Zer not knowing Kylie but when you’re supposed to be a music artist, even a generic pop star, then you clearly FELL into the industry via nepotism, social media or an aggressive stage mom.

You have the easiest job in the world, you could at least LEARN about it :)

She's clearly not AU FAIT with the GAYS either if she completely missed the PADAMIC.

I still somehow quite like her though even though I haven't heard a JOT of her music.

She's 24, American, and not a gay man. Doesn't seem that surprising.

There’s a collab with Sia coming next month but given I’ve sat on this news for over a day and no one else here has mentioned it, you can decide for yourselves what a thrilling prospect that appears to be.

Can we split into a 2024 thread from @VoR's first 2024 post, please? Or at least take the year out of the thread title, please. @Moderator

Reactions: RJN
Kylie Minogue is set to receive a Brits global icon award at this year's ceremony.

Taking place on 2 March, Kylie will be recognised for her five decade-spanning career.

Kylie has also been confirmed to perform on the night.

Speaking about the announcement, Kylie said: "I am beyond thrilled to be honoured with the global icon award and to be joining a roll call of such incredible artists.

"The UK has always been a home from home so the Brits have a very special place in my heart. I have some amazing memories from the awards over the years and I can't wait to be back on the Brits stage."

The Brits icon award is the highest accolade given by the award organisers and is "reserved for truly exceptional artists".

So will we get a new expanded Tension? Or a new compilation ( :D)?

Whos doing the BST Hyde Park gig in July?
I want to but I am going to Shania the week after and may be away Kylie's weekend. I may wait for a tour, if that happens

I did her last BST gig and it was fantastic, so definitely going to try for this one...

I was thinking of coming it, but I’m seeing a lot of comments from friends online that that Hyde Park is an absolutely horrific venue, especially if you are in the main standing area because it’s likely that you’ll be watching her on a screen. @Sheena did you find the venue okay?

I was going THROUGH IT when I saw Kylie in Hyde Park 9 years ago and in the midst of a mental breakdown. I basically spent the whole of the set SOBBING for various personal reasons, and some Kylie gay came up to me and asked ‘Omg do you love Kylie so much you’re crying?!’

I was thinking of coming it, but I’m seeing a lot of comments from friends online that that Hyde Park is an absolutely horrific venue, especially if you are in the main standing area because it’s likely that you’ll be watching her on a screen. @Sheena did you find the venue okay?

For Celine and Pink I was pretty much watching it on a screen further back. Unless you get there early and want to spend the day not going to the bar or toilet, this is really the only option.

I've splashed out for Golden Circle for Kylie though, as want to be able to see the show properly. Especially as a proper Tension tour looks increasingly less likely by the day.

It’s more of a fun festival vibe in Hyde Park, so it feels less important to be UP CLOSE and have a good view FOR ME.

Me enjoying the ‘fun festival vibe’ at BST in 2015.

IMG_5424.gif

Last edited:

We were gold circle so it was fine but it’s a huge, stadium style gig, so yeah, it ain’t worth it if you’re going for an up close experience.

It’s more of a fun festival vibe in Hyde Park, so it feels less important to be UP CLOSE and have a good view FOR ME.

I’d agree with that. Had no issues with being up the back for Elton John last year.

Thanks for the replies. Just checked the prices for Gold Circle and they are £250. I’ll ponder it over the weekend. I have an Amex so I get access to the presale.

I've been to a couple of Hyde Park gigs as well, and I'd also agree with Lucille. I didn't enjoy it any less - but it was different.

I saw MDNA in Hyde Park and then also Kylie at Radio 2, yes its vast but I quite like the more festival atmosphere - its just a different experience than an arena gig, although for example, if the seats are not great at the o2 I end up looking mostly at the screens anyway!

I have to factor in travel and accommodation so it could be north of £600. Hence why I’m not sure it’s worth all that to watch it on a screen.

I have to factor in travel and accommodation so it could be north of £600. Hence why I’m not sure it’s worth all that to watch it on a screen.

Kylie might apologise to you, on screen, though - that may make it worth it?

I wouldn't be found dead seeing a gig at Hyde Park. too big!

she'd better fucking do an arena tour. absurd if not.

I was near the front of the Gold Circle for BST Kylie in 2015 and still barely saw anything because of tall men putting their daughters and girlfriends on their shoulders :angry: no matter how bloody far to the front you are, if you’re under 6’3” there’s just no chance :(

It was fine for Chic and Grace Jones, but when Kylie came out I was just watching the whole thing through other people’s phones.

It looks like she might be recording with Mark Ronson in LA. Some loons have extrapolated this theory based on their recent interactions on social media.

I am quite intruiged to see what they will go with tomorrow. I am guessing a medley, and guessing the obvious CGYOOMH/Spinning Around/Padam with maybe an OLDIE but a GOODIE too? :disco:

Kylie had a wonderful night, won a Women in Music award and then performed with Madonna

Also:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom