Record Store Day 2024

Kim isn't like the usual SAME OLD OVERPRICED DAVID BOWIE TOOT "LIMITED" TO 50000 COPIES that they try to con everyone with every year :D

You're right I don't think they are on vinyl. Maybe I am underestimating the demand of Kim, even if it is remixes by Matt Pop and co.

I messaged Bending Sounds (my closest RSD participant) for you yesterday Shee luv and he said he sold his two copies very quickly. I was going to ask him to hold a couple over if he had them.

I messaged Bending Sounds (my closest RSD participant) for you yesterday Shee luv and he said he sold his two copies very quickly. I was going to ask him to hold a couple over if he had them.

THANKS PETAL. It does seem to be one of this year's GENUINE holy grails.

@FetchFugly - I presumed she'd be the same sort of level as the Belinda Remixes album a couple of years ago and I found that easily enough...

I also do think that silly ebay price over the weekend has had a dramatic effect- no shop that knows that is going to list one at face value, are they? They'll surely hold on and see if they can punt it out at a much higher price...

Interestingly, I've been keeping an eye on the Discogs sale page for Kim to see if there was any movement there when 8pm came. Not seen a UK listing all night, but all the US copies I mentioned have now gone- there were 7 copies for sale earlier today and a few have been listed as well but the only one left is a vastly overpriced Australian copy. I guess people were waiting for the 8pm online tussle to see if they could get one before shelling their cash out.

Having said that, they’ve just let me add 10 copies to my basket, so I’m not entirely convinced :D

Having said that, they’ve just let me add 10 copies to my basket, so I’m not entirely convinced :D
Interestingly I've just been looking at other stuff a friend asked me to keep an eye out for, and that's listed as collect in store only, not available by mail order. So 🤞

Interestingly I've just been looking at other stuff a friend asked me to keep an eye out for, and that's listed as collect in store only, not available by mail order. So 🤞

Kim was earlier- they changed it, but if you look, the stock says zero and it’s still letting you order. I expect I’ll be getting a “sorry can’t fulfil” email but thanks nonetheless for your good vibes!

@Sheena I had no luck with Kim either apart from the same site you got yours from, I suspect they haven’t put a quantity on their database and they don’t actually have any in stock. If I do get it and you don’t, you can have mine.

There’s obviously demand for it so I would not be surprised if a few months down the line they release it as a non-RSD version, they’d be silly to miss out on the sales.

I managed to get the Delia Derbyshire box set from Resident at 8pm. Their website went down within a minute but I got there in the end. Long time since I've seen someone issue a vinyl box set and then do the CD edition for RSD but there you go. A pal got the Fall LP from there too but I already have the CD of that and I don't want to encourage such behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom