ROYAL CHAT + Prince William affair + pegging rumours

GET IT DOWN YOU GIRL!!!

camilla-drinking-champagne.jpg

Loves you all need to join @Tisch and I on the PRINCESS DIANA MEMORIAL PAGE FACEBOOK GROUP

There are SO MANY FUCKING PICTURES

Imagine if any us had photos uploaded EVERY TIME we got pissed!

There are SO MANY FUCKING PICTURES

Imagine if any us had photos uploaded EVERY TIME we got pissed!
We have the late night drunk moopy thread instead :eyes:

I was just thinking about covid and then thought through what are the ERA DEFINING events of my lifetime, and narrowed it down to coronavirus, 9/11 and Princess Di’s death. Then I got depressed when I realised @Soldi wasn’t even ALIVE for two of those.

Oh and the Berlin Wall I suppose but I still think it’s mad that was in my lifetime.

I was just thinking about covid and then thought through what are the ERA DEFINING events of my lifetime, and narrowed it down to coronavirus, 9/11 and Princess Di’s death. Then I got depressed when I realised @Soldi wasn’t even ALIVE for two of those.
I was alive for 9/11 love!

Brexit? Obama?

Notable events I can recall…

Obama winning
Iraq War
Terrorism around 2015-2017, most notably the Manchester bombing, I wasn’t living there at the time but it was the first time I genuinely felt scared about it all. My dad was in London during 7/7 but I don’t recall anything.
The Bataclan Massacre (I know that’s the same point as above but that in particular felt different, especially the reaction afterwards)
Brexit
Trump
Coronavirus

Brexit? Obama?

I feel like Brexit has been overshadowed by Covid, and isn’t really a WORLD EVENT (I suppose Diana wasn’t either but definitely feels like the biggest event of the 90s, after Geri leaving the Spice Girls) Also I feel like Obama was a moment at the time but was never more than a COMPETENT president, which stands out amongst the ROT America has largely had, but Trump/Trumpism will no doubt have a bigger impact on history I reckon.

I feel like Brexit has been overshadowed by Covid, and isn’t really a WORLD EVENT (I suppose Diana wasn’t either but definitely feels like the biggest event of the 90s, after Geri leaving the Spice Girls) Also I feel like Obama was a moment at the time but was never more than a COMPETENT president, which stands out amongst the ROT America has largely had, but Trump/Trumpism will no doubt my have a bigger impact on history I reckon.
Brexit was the moment we realised as a country how utterly split and broken we are. It felt like such a horribly decisive and decisive moment.

Obama was an OK President, but a black man in the White House was one of those moments you'd never think you'd see in your lifetime. Actually the same with gay marriage. I'd probably add that as a low key but hugely significant ongoing event of our lifetime.

I think it’s a bit extra to say we’d never see a black president in our lifetimes when we could possibly live for another 50 years!!!

I think it’s a bit extra to say we’d never see a black president in our lifetimes when we could possibly live for another 50 years!!!
Easy to say now it's happened! This is America after all. Before it happened, I felt it was entirely likely to not happen.

I guess if something has never happened, there's no guarantee that it ever will, especially after 8 years of Bush. I thought it was hugely significant, regardless.

I think Brexit just started a HUGE political crisis that I don’t think is CLOSE to ending. I mean, we wouldn’t have Boris as PM, a landslide Tory majority and GB FUCKING NEWS without it.

It basically just lead to the rule book being torn up when it comes to politics too. No one really bats an eye when someone breaks electoral law. I mean the only time people seemed to care (away from my left winged social media bubble) was when Boris prorogued parliament.

I get that, I wouldn’t be surprised if I never see a black prime minister in the UK.

As for another black/POC president, surely Kamala is in with a shot within the next four/eight years?

I’d have thought AOC would give it a go too. Albeit I can’t see her coming close to winning the democratic nomination never mind the election.

As for another black/POC president, surely Kamala is in with a shot within the next four/eight years?
My main worry with that is she's not a very appealing candidate!

I felt a woman was more likely than a POC and I still think its likely within my lifetime, but again it's never happened. Although it would be far less landmark, as its so overdue.

Kamala will be president if she can run in 4 years but the tide will probably turn against her in 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom