RPDR S5 E6

Sheena

ROMANCE
Seriously, when are they going to retire the Snatch Game? Bar the all winners All Stars, when was the last time we had a good one?

For such a stacked season, it was a pretty poor Snatch Game. Especially from Kate Butch! She gave the character an accent and thought she didn’t have to do anything else!

I thought the standard was pretty high compared to what I've come to expect, and Michael Marouli really should've been in the top. The switch of the Catherine Tate characters was the funniest thing.

Never warmed to Vicki so quite happy to see the back of her.

I don't think it was a BAD Snatch Game, but as Miss Bev says, it feels like it should have been so much better. I'm pleased Ginger won, but that was not the master class Ru claimed it was.

Cara Melle is feeling more like a queen beginning to circle the drain than one challenging for the win at this point.

Dedelicious is clearly the weakest left but deservedly won the lip sync, and I have warmed to her over the last two episodes.

Ru not getting Kate's jokes about elephant and about rear of the year is brain melting. Just let Alan do Snatch Game.

Weirdly finding myself starting to route for Didi after wanting her out for weeks.

I thought the snatch game was great, well above much of what we’ve been delivered across any franchise recently.

Ginger, Michael, Cara and Kate all had lol moments. Tomara wasn’t bad, don’t think it deserved a high placing though but still decent.

Kate’s cloudbusting/elephant reference was A+ only beaten by Ginger’s dentures joke which was rofl funny

The Snatch Game was... fine. I thought Ginger was a bit overpraised - it was a lot of waffle and one really good joke at the end.

I liked the IDEA of a Kate Bush as a cockney harridan, but she didn't really take it anywhere. If you're going to do that, why not wheel out the 'Ooh I've just come!' moment?

Kind of loving Dede as the surprise slayer of the frontrunners now. I never really warmed to Vicki so no major loss in my eyes.

I also found Snatch Game quite lazy since the vast majority of them went for low-hanging Fruit (lol) in terms of sexy innuendos. The all-time classic Snatch Game performances were always a cut above that.

I feel like I watched something different! I thought it was rubbish- I didn’t laugh once and it was made worse by Burke and Vorderman both mugging laughter at literally everything that was said. Even Ru didn’t laugh much.

I like that there was less of Ru wondering around the workroom telling them to change everything about their characters because he didn't know them.

I like that there was less of Ru wondering around the workroom telling them to change everything about their characters because he didn't know them.
A BLESSED RELIEF

I thought Snatch Game was decent enough. Better than most of the others I've seen recently, but given the calibre of queens this season (and how funny they are) still a let down, despite some strong choices.

Also: WHY ARE QUEENS STILL PICKING COMEDY CHARACTERS TO DO IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2023? At the very best it's a good tribute act! The joy of Snatch Game is sending up real life people and you CANNOT SEND UP A FICTIONAL CHARACTER FFS. It honestly blows my mind how so many queens still don't get this. If this was Finn's Drag Race UK, any queen picking a comedy character would be instantly eliminated. (Even though Michael Marouli's Bernie was excellent, and the Derek Faye cameo was nice, WHAT IS THE POINT?)

I was most disappointed by Kate Butch for the reasons mentioned by the panel and Beverley, but yes she was saved by the Cloudbusting/Alexandra Burke reference. There was no trace of Kate Bush in that character though - it was just a funny voice - and for someone who idolises her you'd think she could have sent up the real Kate in a really fucking funny way. She still remains my favourite this season because she's so fucking funny and likeable, but I'm reconciled to her only having another 1-2 weeks left because the looks are nice but not winning queen quality. I do hope she'll give us a few more BIG REVEALS to another meh outfit in her remaining time though :disco:

Vicky is no big loss for me. The looks were there but she didn't give me much else.

I've had Heartbreak On Hold on repeat since this episode.

How has a banger of this magnitude managed to pass me by!?

Ru's affinity for that flop second album really is quite endearing :D Didn't they do Let It Go on a previous season too?

It was a fantastic impression of both characters, but it really was JUST an impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom