RPDR UK S2 E9

COB

The ⭐ 👹
I know it's not until tomorrow, but this tweet has caused a bit of discussion -

Who do we think it could be? Presumably someone EastEnders related :disco:

Tish Dean would be great - whenever I've seen her interviewed she's managed to be even camper than Sharon :disco:

I know it’s a joke but imagine if Tracey was involved somewhere. That really would be TOP NOTCH British-ism right there.

It’s probably the queen. Trying to rehab her image.

SISTER SISTER? MORE LIKE COPEH COPEH

Without Awhora they'll certainly need this most iconic Drag Race judge to keep the level of judging at the standard we've became accustomed to.

No sign of who the extra special guest judge is at the start of the episode where they normally announce it

WELLLLLLLLLL.... we have our finalists!

All four of them!

I wasn't a fan of that challenge really, more the script than the performances - maybe as a fan of EE I'm biased but there's a LOT of other stuff they could've drawn from instead of endless "you're not my muvva" jokes. When are these acting challenges ever well-written though, I know :D

I wasn't a fan of that challenge really, more the script than the performances - maybe as a fan of EE I'm biased but there's a LOT of other stuff they could've drawn from instead of endless "you're not my muvva" jokes. When are these acting challenges ever well-written though, I know :D
I thought it was the best written one we've had for a good while.

That was a chore.

Plenty to be underwhelmed with from that episode, but I really can't get past one of the taps saying 'Shant-Beer You Stay' when 'Shant-Ale...' was RIGHT THERE :octy:

Has ANY queen survived 4 lip syncs before :D Surely that’s the only reason for the double save? Ellie is pure canon fodder at this point. Obvs it’s LAWRENCE vs BIMINI now, I think if they filmed multiple endings she’s winning it as she’s the runaway fan favourite at this point?

Lawrence was the best for me, I thought Tayce played hers more subtle, despite Michelle saying they wanted light and shade, actually they just wanted them SCREAMING from beginning to end.

It really should be Bimini, Lawrence, Tayce and A'Whora in this Top 4 :evil:

QUITE. They could’ve still had their A’Whora/Tayce lip-sync this week, and it would’ve been more of a MOMENT for them to be a double save. I just feel nothing for Ellie so the whole scene was underwhelming for me.

Reactions: dUb
I didn’t understand that episode at all. The challenge was pretty terrible, I thought Bimini was the weakest both in challenge and that dreary runway and don’t get me started on that fucking mannequin. Ru screeching her way through it all like it was hilarious was just ridiculous.

Anyway, Bimini has the win sewn up now, surely? Only a disastrous final can sink her. Deserved winner, generally, though I really do think she was bottom two tonight...weird.

Last edited:
HOW was the first fifteen minutes STILL all about Lawrence and the running order for last week's comedy show? :D When he said to Ellie that Ellie was 'putting EVERYONE at such a disadvantage'... I guess Lawrence isn't clever enough to see that that's an oxymoron?

Having said that, Lawrence was head and shoulders above everyone else in that acting challenge. And Ellie was miles behind - has she never seen Dot Cotton before? Dot is one of the easiest people to parody of anyone.

I had a feeling it was going to be no elimination when they gave such glowing critiques to everyone - and I did think that was probably the best overall lipsync in UK drag race, when you combined them both, so at least Ellie has done something right in her time there.

Tayce is a good lip syncer, but maybe a bit ONE NOTE, but then we've not been exposed to the same lip-syncer FOUR TIMES before.

I thought it was a good episode but probably in the lower half of a great series. I understand that they're limited in who they can bring onto set post-COVID, but having Michelle as director and runway voice, expert and interpreter of all things British is tiresome AF. The mannequin was funny(?), but why not bring on Alan Carr as well if you're at such a loss. As great as DRUK is, I do think it being fronted by Ru and Michelle is a double edged sword. They bring validity to it, but a lot of the cultural references just seem overthought and off the mark (Michelle) or completely lost (Ru).

And how oh HOW was Ellie the best actor there? She looked old and played old but the line reading was pooooooor. I thought Lawrence was probably the strongest in terms of fitting the usual acting challenge winning criteria on Drag Race, despite Bimini probably being more solid.

The lip sync was very good.

Bimini to win.

I can't imagine they had NO guest judge lined-up, someone must've dropped out last minute/got COVID.

And how oh HOW was Ellie the best actor there? She looked old and played old but the line reading was pooooooor. I thought Lawrence was probably the strongest in terms of fitting the usual acting challenge winning criteria on Drag Race, despite Bimini probably being more solid.

As a seasoned off west end London actor I can categorically say the acting was Lawrence > Bimini > Tayce > Ellie

There is literally no other order if going on acting alone and I'll fight anyone who disagrees with me.

As a seasoned off west end London actor I can categorically say the acting was Lawrence > Bimini > Tayce > Ellie

There is literally no other order if going on acting alone and I'll fight anyone who disagrees with me.

HEY GIRL

What a bore. But Tayce is now one of my all time favorites. The way she was swishing in that blue runway was amazing.

This felt like a really long episode, and very empty without A’Whora. Still enjoyed it though, because the cast is still likeable.

With that being said, I’m getting tired of Tayce’s way of speaking (more like screaming) and actually warmed up a bit to the giant baby Ellie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom