RPDR UK S5 E3

I still don't like Cara Melle. Every moment she gives seems STAGED AF. But she was definitely the strongest dancer.

Banksie is my fave. They're definitely giving her the cool self-aware underdog edit. But I love her attitude and her work is really polished.

Didi IS Alyssa Edwards with that underbite :D The bitch is so extra.

Tomara looks JUST like those Nagel girls from 80s hair salons.

That was a delightful episode, despite the fact half of it was clearly re-filmed after the fact to cover for the QUEEN WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED. Probably improved the overall performances though, nobody really fucked up.

Sophie was a predictable delight, I particularly adored her little riff with Kate Butch.

Rather outrageous that we didn't get a SEB lip-sync though.

Michael Marouli's outfit :disco:

Oh and not ANOTHER knee injury!

Reactions: D5K
I thought they'd make more of the Plastics banding together straight away and excluding the misfit queens.

Although maybe it was originally two five-piece groups chosen in a more standard way; but that would still be quite a mismatched lineup.

How fabulous was Sophie though? She fit in so well. Also, she just never stops getting prettier.

What stopped the 5 become 1 runway being truly iconic was the face not being split into 2 looks (Geri and Emma would be the obvious).

IMG_2586.jpeg

I’m sorry but I want to bottom so hard for this pair!

(And please ignore my smashed ipad screen)

Enjoyed this epsiode, I was kind of expecting Tomara to give Cara a bit more of a run for money in the lip synch but there was no contest.

Michael's spice costume was superb, and such a NICE person too.

At least Cara Melle would bring a slightly different flavour to the list of UK winners.

Three out of our four so far being primarily comedy queens makes me think production may want to justify going elsewhere this time, but then they could easily have justified giving it to Cheddar over Danny last year if they were overly concerned about that.

I can't believe I've only just realised Vicky Vivacious was in that Queens of London thing from absolutely ages ago (also featuring Baga). She's definitely matured and came down to earth a bit even if the floating in and out like a pantomime mean girl energy was still entertaining against the, let's face it, absolute grubbiness from the other queens :disco:

Sopranos side character Michael Marouli saying boys with bad fashion taste give him the ick when he’s wearing that, presumably homemade, vest in his confessionals, I can’t.

I say presumably homemade as I can’t comprehend he bought it IN A SHOP.

Banksy is shocking as the runway queen of the season but really needs to stop using their real hair and put on some WIGS.

That was a delightful episode, despite the fact half of it was clearly re-filmed after the fact to cover for the QUEEN WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED. Probably improved the overall performances though, nobody really fucked up.
She’d gone by this point. They were actually just good.

Just watched this as it takes a few days to work up the motivation these days - so I was delighted to find it really enjoyable and that I actually liked the girl group song for the first time in a few seasons.

Reactions: COB
She’d gone by this point. They were actually just good.
Are you sure? I thought this was the version where originally she was allowed to leave, and so they've had to refilm a version with no elimination (and weirdly no announcement of "there's no elimination this week"). Or was that speculation wrong?

Are you sure? I thought this was the version where originally she was allowed to leave, and so they've had to refilm a version with no elimination (and weirdly no announcement of "there's no elimination this week"). Or was that speculation wrong?
Any speculation I had seen was that she had been eliminated off screen at the end of episode two.

If it had played out the way you describe, they’d have had to re-shoot the entire episode, and there’s no way in hell they’d have been able to do that.

I presume the non elimination was to make up for the girls mysterious exit after episode 2.
Almost certainly, but for once it didn’t feel contrived as both girl groups were strong in their own way, and it’s a neat way of avoiding handing out five badges at once like they usually do.

In that case I'll return to my earlier point - why wasn't more made of the five queens instantly ganging together to reject the misfits just like in a school playground?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom