RPDR UK S5 E4

Thank god for the NE three.

Really struggled to pick out who would be the bottom there but generally felt like Naomi’s time was up last week and she only stayed because of the Lubricant drama.

She got a reprieve and didn’t perform so had to go.

Living for Raven serving Night Of A Thousand Dusty Springfields :disco:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
The drama was the ONLY good part of the episode :disco: It felt really genuine, which only make it more heartbreaking because they really seemed excited to work with each other and on paper they made a GREAT team. I'm #TeamBanksie all the way. She's getting a similar edit to Jynkx to me. She's the 'unconventional outsider' while Cara, Vicki, and Tomara, are the 'popular' ones.

The rest was mostly shite. The challenge was rough af. The lip sync was trash. But LOVE Kate Butch.

Naomi's time was definitely up but she's too kind a person for a corny reality show.

Last edited:
Oh and I'M SO GLAD they put Cara in the bottom. The bitch is so overbearing, it was good to see her get CHECKED.

I like Banksie partly because they're confounding me.

I know her time was up and that she was very basic but I thought Naomie was really sweet and also loved her accent and is so good looking out of drag too. 🥹

I also loooove the guest judge, and was wishing Ru would throw some Gentleman Jack reference at her, but she’s probably known for a lot more in the UK.

The Geordie queens was such fun, Tamara just keeps growing on me. Shame she’s a bit too similar to Danny, so I don’t think she could win (which of course won’t happen as Cara will :bad: ).

I think Naomi has potential in that she's got charisma by the bucketload. A challenge like that she could have smashed if she believed in herself more (well, and had a joke or two). If she had the self confidence of someone like DeDeLicious, she could be amazing.

Banksie is starting to look like the only other contender for the crown, along with Cara.

For me both Banksie and Cara feel less like winners after this episode.

I find it really hard to call who is going to win it at this stage. I'd only really rule Vicky Vivacious (I know she has a maxi win under her belt, but I struggle to see her offering anything unique, and I think what she does offer, others do better) and DeDeLicious (just a real nothing edit) out.

What we saw from Naomi in the maxi challenge should have been what she brought to the challenge. And she should have mimed and bopped up and down to pretend she was skiing, perhaps even turning to the side and used her sticks to pretend she was trying to get away from Cara if she came near, in that lip-sync. I think Cara is coasting on this idea that she somehow has incredible stature as a drag act, but these lip syncs have both been generic textbook affairs (although granted she still easily won both and I absolutely loved her talking head reaction to not being picked). I didn't feel Tamara even came close to winning that Maxi, and perhaps her main challenge was highly dependant on her team picking, but she sure is emerging very well out of this. I still haven't seen any Untuckeds and this bunch do seem absolutely ripe for the (vintage) format so will have to give it a bash. Another highlight was Ru's close-ups during Banksie, Cara and Vicky. Suranne was a bit hot and cold for me on this, but we're in the trail of SEB and that classics-reading model.

Only just getting around to this episode! God this season is irredeemably ROTTEN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom